Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Online Exclusive “We Love You� Scarf

Cringe

Have to agree - but will help the atmosphere though as people will know the words

So better than printing them off and putting them under the seats I suppose

Would be better if it was a genuine Leicester song - but in modern football that isnt very often

What a load of crap.

As others have said, it's hardly the end of the world. But when the club announce something like this every other week, there is a cumulative effect of seeing the character of the club change. I actually think it says more about the club (in the sense of the administrative body) than the club (in the sense of the supporter body), but still...

The footballing autism of people running clubs is beyond belief. There was a time when things like this would drift around club forums so other sets of supporters could laugh at another club. Now, it hardly matters because almost every club outside of the top 3/4 teams in the country seems to be engaging in this sort of thing. Seen so many things like this about other Championship clubs...

I have to say I've baffled by the huge uproar about the Leicester scarf, now I'm no blinkered biased leicester fan but its a scarf...how many crappy things are sold in club shops up and down the country? Find it really odd that some seem to be offended by a piece of crappy memorabilia.

I have to say I've baffled by the huge uproar about the Leicester scarf, now I'm no blinkered biased leicester fan but its a scarf...how many crappy things are sold in club shops up and down the country? Find it really odd that some seem to be offended by a piece of crappy memorabilia.

I might be better if we lose today so people have something to moan about.

Yes like Fox Leisure after shave was the ultimate in football cool and reinforced our position in maintaining the clubs renowned football heritage.

When they eventually open the museum this and the scarf can be given equal positions of prominence.

He is, very good lad. That's why it's sad when you hear this coming from him....

To be fair I feel sorry for him, I'm 100% sure the club will have forced that kind of dross on him although to be honest - imagine you're the one almost dictating a crowd, that would be an outrageous feeling no matter who joins in.

I said this thing specifically was a bit disrespectful, not everything they do. But in general they clearly do not understand the core fanbase. They are seemingly doing everything they can to drive that group away. And that heritage afternoon thing - on matchdays I'm not sure that will make a difference.

The image that they present of the club now is what the club will become. The older fans are getting older and don't want to stand up and sing anymore. Others are being driven away by prices. The younger fans are being introduced. But they're not being introduced in the right way. A kid buys this scarf, and people read this article, and they think that's what Leicester City is all about. I'm not blaming them solely for the wider decline in the 'matchday experience' as they like to call it, but they're contributing.

If the club keep forcing this kind of goal-music, sloop john b and modern fad style on the club, that's what it will become, and with all the traditional kind of supporters driven away who's there to teach them different? And these things are even more significant because we do not play in an inspiring, atmospheric old style ground and we don't play in our original ground. We are going to become Hull or Reading if we're not careful, except with more fans.

I realise my views on this subject will sound old-fashioned and 'cult', but this is just how I feel. I worry that, if I can eventually afford to go regularly again, going to the football will be completely different in the future. I worry that I'll just be a sheep (no Derby pun intended) doing what those high up in the club want me to do. I worry that it's a slippery slope and we're not a million miles away from being chucked out of the stadium because we're standing up in L block. Maybe we'll be playing in red in 10 years or so.

Maybe that's a bit dramatic, but everytime we do something like this it's like another little piece of traditional football slipping away. I was born in the wrong century.

I 100% agree with this and it's one of the best posts I've ever read, I couldn't agree more.

This pretty much sums up why this kind of shit disgusts me because I just know it's the kind of action that takes us that little bit further to what you're describing, but such a small way to it that no-one actually gives a fvck at the time and I get called for over-reacting.

Basically this is just another example of shite creeping in and what you've said we'll become is sadly, 100% spot on. I'm embarrassed to call myself at all united with those pricks behind the scenes at LCFC, they really are ruining the club 100%

Pricks.

I said this thing specifically was a bit disrespectful, not everything they do. But in general they clearly do not understand the core fanbase. They are seemingly doing everything they can to drive that group away. And that heritage afternoon thing - on matchdays I'm not sure that will make a difference.

The image that they present of the club now is what the club will become. The older fans are getting older and don't want to stand up and sing anymore. Others are being driven away by prices. The younger fans are being introduced. But they're not being introduced in the right way. A kid buys this scarf, and people read this article, and they think that's what Leicester City is all about. I'm not blaming them solely for the wider decline in the 'matchday experience' as they like to call it, but they're contributing.

If the club keep forcing this kind of goal-music, sloop john b and modern fad style on the club, that's what it will become, and with all the traditional kind of supporters driven away who's there to teach them different? And these things are even more significant because we do not play in an inspiring, atmospheric old style ground and we don't play in our original ground. We are going to become Hull or Reading if we're not careful, except with more fans.

I realise my views on this subject will sound old-fashioned and 'cult', but this is just how I feel. I worry that, if I can eventually afford to go regularly again, going to the football will be completely different in the future. I worry that I'll just be a sheep (no Derby pun intended) doing what those high up in the club want me to do. I worry that it's a slippery slope and we're not a million miles away from being chucked out of the stadium because we're standing up in L block. Maybe we'll be playing in red in 10 years or so.

Maybe that's a bit dramatic, but everytime we do something like this it's like another little piece of traditional football slipping away. I was born in the wrong century.

+1 totally agree.

Archived