Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Form is temporary...

oh my are we trying to prove things with Youtube videos now.

Just reminding people of what they seem to have forgotten.

He is a good player who was superb for us for a full season until, Sousa/Mandy/Sven/the price tag/being played as winger/injuries/all of them conspired to leave him short on match sharpness and confidence. You do not become a shit player overnight, but 7 starts for Leicester in the last 2 years is not going to help him improve.

Only 3 goals against clubs still in this division.

You mean like Swansea and QPR, yeah they are shit, anyone can score against them.

Just reminding people of what they seem to have forgotten.

He is a good player who was superb for us for a full season until, Sousa/Mandy/Sven/the price tag/being played as winger/injuries/all of them conspired to leave him short on match sharpness and confidence. You do not become a shit player overnight, but 7 starts for Leicester in the last 2 years is not going to help him improve.

You mean like Swansea and QPR, yeah they are shit, anyone can score against them.

The whole thread is ironic in my opinion you've stated form is temporary and class is permanent.......I'd say one season scoring 12 goals then doing nothing for 3 odd years is more likely to be an example of form than class myself.

Although thought he had started more often than that to be fair to him

The whole thread is ironic in my opinion you've stated form is temporary and class is permanent.......I'd say one season scoring 12 goals then doing nothing for 3 odd years is more likely to be an example of form than class myself.

Although thought he had started more often than that to be fair to him

Manipulated the stats slightly, he started a fair few games under Sousa, but from this time 2 years ago (22/10/10) he has only started 7 game for us. Since the 13/11/10 he has only started 4 games for us, scored 3 goals, and 5 games on loan to Hull.

To be fair to De Vries the video is a bit long winded but some of his finishing is brilliant.

if im honest, i always kinda rated him, if he had that extra bit of pace, i think he'd a cut it with us.

liked him in his Hearts days...& getting a hat trick on ur debut is always a good start :)

Manipulated the stats slightly, he started a fair few games under Sousa, but from this time 2 years ago (22/10/10) he has only started 7 game for us. Since the 13/11/10 he has only started 4 games for us, scored 3 goals, and 5 games on loan to Hull.

How many starts were up front?

I think there is more than slight manipulation going on here lol but I can't be arsed to check them, also you can go through whatever stats and youtube vidoes at it you want he's not played well for 2 and a half years.

I think there is more than slight manipulation going on here lol but I can't be arsed to check them, also you can go through whatever stats and youtube vidoes at it you want he's not played well for 2 and a half years.

He's not played for 2 years, if you want the stats look here:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/page/playerdetails.php?pid=23

He has started 4 games for us, league and cup since 13/11/10

That is a fact.

if im honest, i always kinda rated him, if he had that extra bit of pace, i think he'd a cut it with us.

liked him in his Hearts days...& getting a hat trick on ur debut is always a good start :)

Alot of extra pace perhaps lol He's found his level I think,

He didn't score in many of those 50 odd sub appearances your all conveniently forgetting lol

Nope but he scored in some of them, and a lot of those sub appearances were between 5-10 minutes.

Why are you looking to discredit one of our players?

Nope but he scored in some of them, and a lot of those sub appearances were between 5-10 minutes.

Why are you looking to discredit one of our players?

Some, lol, you mean two or three?

Because, for the 239th time, he isn't good enough, you might want to blindly follow someone who doesn't perform for nearly three years but I think maybe it's time to look for someone who can get the job done and can actually score goals and seriously challenge for a place. I'm not going to sit here and blindly praise someone because they were good foe 28 games 3 years ago and are quite a nice lad and play for Leicester City! Don't get me wrong at the game I get behind him as he's playing for the club but if he's not good enough, I'm going to say so, generally what a forum is for putting your opinion across!

Because, for the 239th time, he isn't good enough, you might want to blindly follow someone who doesn't perform for nearly three years

But he hasn't had a chance really has he. Seeing Waghorn play the odd 5 minutes here or there and have starts up front that you can count on two hands over three years is not enough to say he'll never perform again. He needs a loan somewhere to get a run of games.

Under Sven and Pearson Beckford managed to score in 10 games from 40 starts and 9 sub appearances. That's enough game time in a year to form a decent opinion on him. I could understand the moaning if Waghorn had got game time anything like that but he hasn't, so I think it's a bit unfair.

But he hasn't had a chance really has he. Seeing Waghorn play the odd 5 minutes here or there and have starts up front that you can count on two hands over three years is not enough to say he'll never perform again. He needs a loan somewhere to get a run of games.

Under Sven and Pearson Beckford managed to score in 10 games from 40 starts and 9 sub appearances. That's enough game time in a year to form a decent opinion on him. I could understand the moaning if Waghorn had got game time anything like that but he hasn't, so I think it's a bit unfair.

Yes but he looks dreadful when he comes on, shadow of a player he was, as people have observed his struggling to hit the target in the warm up at the moment.

I'd agree with a loan move could help determine whether or not he is capable at this level, but it's not like we have the luxury at the moment is it worryingly he is actually needed here unless we can get someone else in doesn't look like the manager is going to consider MF or JS

He may not be scoring but he's looking a better all round player than he has done since his magic season on-loan. Our negative fvcknut fans are desperate for something to leech on to now we're playing so well, and Waghorn - a striker playing well but not scoring - fits the bill. I'd play Vardy ahead of him in the first XI but as an impact sub, he's been great.

When did he last score? I remember him ripping the net against Bristol in the last minute which was just as we'll because we were shite and it was freezing

Leeds away, last game of last season, if you don't count the reserves and U21's where he's scoring for fun.

Archived