Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Form is temporary...

I'm not slating Waghorn here as I do like him and hope he does find form. but some people on here want facts.

Beckford 49 games 15 goals Starts 41

Waghorn 104 games 17 goals Starts 44

The only good thing about this is that one player actually wants to play for us and is still pretty young.

Also with the way it looks we will be fighting for first place should we really be taking a chance on a player finding form or should we just bring somone who is proven ? we have 4 young strikers with Nugent be the only 'proven' goalscorer I think we need to bring someone in in Jan if we really want to push for promotion.

I'm not slating Waghorn here as I do like him and hope he does find form. but some people on here want facts.

Beckford 49 games 15 goals Starts 41

Waghorn 104 games 17 goals Starts 44

The only good thing about this is that one player actually wants to play for us and is still pretty young.

Also with the way it looks we will be fighting for first place should we really be taking a chance on a player finding form or should we just bring somone who is proven ? we have 4 young strikers with Nugent be the only 'proven' goalscorer I think we need to bring someone in in Jan.

Can we get accurate facts please:

Waghorn 89 games 44 starts 17 goals.

Why is it so difficult to just post stats and not twist them they are all here: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/page/playerdetails.php?pid=23

Can we get accurate facts please:

Waghorn 89 games 44 starts 17 goals.

Why is it so difficult to just post stats and not twist them they are all here: http://www.foxestalk...ails.php?pid=23

Still not great, Although thats not my point I think we need to bring in a proven goal scorer rather than hope a player finds form, especially in the current situation.

Still not great, Although thats not my point I think we need to bring in a proven goal scorer rather than hope a player finds form, especially in the current situation.

To do what? sit on the bench? Or replace Vardy (proving himself as a goal scorer at this level)?

We need to get away from this idea that we need to have 22 first team players, we don't, we need a balanced squad with options to change things all over the pitch, and players that are happy being part of the squad and not going to throw their toys out the pram if not in the first team.

Done nothing? He's done more than those players ever have. He did it three years ago and has hardly started in his preferred position more than a dozen times since then. He played 9 league games last year and scored as many as Schlupp did in over twice that amount.

Hypocrsy? You are the one saying players need to take their chances whether it be sub or starting. And seem to be advocating Schlupp being ahead of him. Well Schlupp has never done anything to show himself better than Waghorn, neither have the others.

Playing out of position bullshit? He's a striker, sticking him out wide for most of his appearances you'll get the same standard as you did with Nugent out wide. Rubbish.

I don't care who of Waghorn or Schlupp start when someone is injured. The support strikers are probably of similar ability. But whilst some get rimmed, Waghorn gets abused. Even though he's the only one to ever do anything for us of any real note.

Absolutely spot on babs!

From is temporary class is permanent blah blah blah.

Reason I get pissed off with Waghorn is because he hasn't been good for a while, it's not like his form has dipped in the last couple of months, it dipped about two years ago ever since we signed him on a permanent deal.

He hasn't done nothing in a while, apart from the odd goal against Bristol City and Leeds, the reason he doesn't deserve chances that often is because he isn't good enough, I would prefer Nugent, Vardy, Futacs and Schlupp over him. The weekend proved that he is still struggling, he got his chance and yet again he didn't take it, he has come on or started about 3-4 games in a row now, and he should of bagged in all of those games, he missed a sitter against Wolves when he hit the post, he fell over the ball when clean through on goal against Burnley, and it seemed like he missed a sitter at the weekend against Birmingham.

If that 44 starts 17 goals is right, so what if it's a better record than our other strikers apart from Nugent, most of them came in the season we had him on loan, that was 2009-2010, flaming three years ago.

I just don't rate him anymore, think we can do much better than Martyn Waghorn.

Am I the only one who thought Waggy palyed well on Saturday? Thought his all round game was very good and looked much sharper than in recent weeks, sharper than Nugent infact.

However did miss a golden chance and he does look low on confidence so its a dilema for Nige.

I would probably bring a striker in on loan until Jan (Kenwyne Jones please) and see where that takes us.

From is temporary class is permanent blah blah blah.

Reason I get pissed off with Waghorn is because he hasn't been good for a while, it's not like his form has dipped in the last couple of months, it dipped about two years ago ever since we signed him on a permanent deal.

He hasn't done nothing in a while, apart from the odd goal against Bristol City and Leeds, the reason he doesn't deserve chances that often is because he isn't good enough, I would prefer Nugent, Vardy, Futacs and Schlupp over him. The weekend proved that he is still struggling, he got his chance and yet again he didn't take it, he has come on or started about 3-4 games in a row now, and he should of bagged in all of those games, he missed a sitter against Wolves when he hit the post, he fell over the ball when clean through on goal against Burnley, and it seemed like he missed a sitter at the weekend against Birmingham.

If that 44 starts 17 goals is right, so what if it's a better record than our other strikers apart from Nugent, most of them came in the season we had him on loan, that was 2009-2010, flaming three years ago.

I just don't rate him anymore, think we can do much better than Martyn Waghorn.

We probably can do better, we could sign Austin or Maynard or Sharp, but are we going to keep Nugent, Vardy and another happy?

Will they be a guaranteed success? (think Beckford)

Will it cost us a lot of money?

Do we already have 5 strikers on the books (6 if you include Beckford)?

Right now we have a good balance in the squad, we have 2 first team strikers scoring regularly, and some young players with varying degrees experience in Waghorn, Schlupp and Futacs as back-up.

Oh and we are top of the league.

Now if the right player is available in January for the right price then we should buy them, but we shouldn't do what Wet Spam and Saints did last season and just buy players, Maynard, Vaz Te and Sharp, for the sake of it.

To do what? sit on the bench? Or replace Vardy (proving himself as a goal scorer at this level)?

We need to get away from this idea that we need to have 22 first team players, we don't, we need a balanced squad with options to change things all over the pitch, and players that are happy being part of the squad and not going to throw their toys out the pram if not in the first team.

A proven goalscorer wouldn't be sitting on the bench, Vardy is still young and its not like we can't mix it up.

It is unfair on Waghorn I agree he hasn't had a great two years in terms of game time but I think when we are pushing for promtion should we really be taking this chance ? Why not loan him for the rest of the season to a team where he will start every game and then we bring in a proven goalscorer on loan, at the end of the day he is still young and could come good once he has a proper season or two under him but unfurtunatly for him I don't think its a chance worth taking with the current postion we're in.

A proven goalscorer wouldn't be sitting on the bench, Vardy is still young and its not like we can't mix it up.

It is unfair on Waghorn I agree he hasn't had a great two years in terms of game time but I think when we are pushing for promtion should we really be taking this chance ? Why not loan him for the rest of the season to a team where he will start every game and then we bring in a proven goalscorer on loan, at the end of the day he is still young and could come good once he has a proper season or two under him but unfurtunatly for him I don't think its a chance worth taking with the current postion we're in.

You mean top?

...class is permanent:

Now either support the lad or shut the fvck up, keep the vindictive sniping to yourself, he has a good record at this level, is still young and more importantly actually wants to be here and play for us. He just needs a goal to turn it around, and having the fans on his back is not going to help.

My God you're not seriously referring to Martyn Waghorn as "class" are you?

Anyone can look good on Youtube. I'm sure if I had access to the rushes, I could knock off a pretty spectacular Waggy lowlights reel.

Remember Steve Bruce describing the 3 million fee as an "incredible bit of business"?. Remember the smug smirk on his face when he said it? Now I think we all know why.

I seriously hope Waghorn comes good but personally I can't see it happening in a month of sundays.

Vindictive snipe, over and out.

Bloody hell, he's only 21 and he's about third choice, he doesn't need to be banging them in week in, week out, we're not relying on him to bag 15-20 a season, we just need him to do a half decent job of filling in when other players are injured or suspended, which he has done. To be honest, if Beckford was still interested in playing for Leicester then Waggy would probably be 4th choice, but he isn't, so we've had to move Waggy up the pecking order a bit now. People act like he's the only goal shy striker in our team too; let's not forget that Nugent and Vardy have missed dozens of gilt edged chances this season, so has Waghorn, he just needs the rub of the green a bit, that's all. Nuge turned it round, no reason why Waghorn can't too. Get off the lad's back.

This thread is a bit self defeating. He was on form for a few games about three years ago. Since then - nothing. Form was indeed temporary, class unfortunately non-existent.

His "form" was over a whole season, since then he has only played a few games, mainly as sub since Sven took over.

Since the 10/11/2010, he has made 2 league starts for us, how can he have any sort of form during that period?

Archived