Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Kenwyne Jones On loan?

Yakubu is much better than Jones.

95 premier league goals in 252 appearances compared to 36 in 152 for Jones.

He really isn't that good, as the DJ said he signs for a club, makes a big impression, then just fades away as the opposition work him out.

He will not be a bad signing, but he is not as good as people on here are making out.

I have to agree with this.

I like Pearsons focus on developing younger, hungry players.

Signing big Kenwyne would go against this policy somewhat and would surprise me.

Jones is nothing special I'm afraid.

Splash the cash and get Austin would excite me much more than being linked with Jones.

I have to agree with this.

I like Pearsons focus on developing younger, hungry players.

Signing big Kenwyne would go against this policy somewhat and would surprise me.

Jones is nothing special I'm afraid.

Splash the cash and get Austin would excite me much more than being linked with Jones.

Didn't realise he was only 23, decent record so far at this level, if we could sell Beckford and sign Austin I would be very happy.

Didn't realise he was only 23, decent record so far at this level, if we could sell Beckford and sign Austin I would be very happy.

Unless Beckford goes on some career best goal scoring run we wont get anything close and I think we're already not looking good in this financial fair play bollocks whatever it is.

The undisclosed fee from Swindon totalled over 2 million.Burnley will want doube that.

Unless Beckford goes on some career best goal scoring run we wont get anything close and I think we're already not looking good in this financial fair play bollocks whatever it is.

The undisclosed fee from Swindon totalled over 2 million.Burnley will want doube that.

Well if he keeps up 2 in 3 at this level it will be a career best for him, I hope he gets to play in an FA cup match for them, then they will definitely sign him.

Huddersfield have 8 million from selling Rhodes, if he continues to impress 3-4 million is not out of the question, + the wages being saved, it is not that unrealistic, I doubt we would make the mistake of offering Austin Beckford sized wages, without a promotion clause anyway, off loading 1 of Gally/Danns/Wellens in Jan would also make it more possible.

Would much rather see us go for Austin than Jones anyway.

Well if he keeps up 2 in 3 at this level it will be a career best for him, I hope he gets to play in an FA cup match for them, then they will definitely sign him.

Huddersfield have 8 million from selling Rhodes, if he continues to impress 3-4 million is not out of the question, + the wages being saved, it is not that unrealistic, I doubt we would make the mistake of offering Austin Beckford sized wages, without a promotion clause anyway, off loading 1 of Gally/Danns/Wellens in Jan would also make it more possible.

I think everyone would, but it ain't going to happen.

Perhaps rather early to say but a strike force of Nugent and Austin could be just good enough.

IMO.

And how much do you think Burnley would charge for the leading goalscorer in the Championship, especially to a club who're supposed to have a bit of cash to throw around? Plus, he's having a good season, but what if it's just a purple patch? He's still relatively unproven at Championship level and didn't fare much better than Beckford or Nugent last season. I'd hardly say he's a proven Championship goalscorer. Would he fit in with our style? How do Burnley play? Do they play it on the floor?

I don't want to see us splashing out massive amounts of money on players any more, those days are behind us. If Pearson and his staff can find us a gem like Knockaert for a relatively reasonable fee, they can find us a striker if needs be.

And how much do you think Burnley would charge for the leading goalscorer in the Championship, especially to a club who're supposed to have a bit of cash to throw around? Plus, he's having a good season, but what if it's just a purple patch? He's still relatively unproven at Championship level and didn't fare much better than Beckford or Nugent last season. I'd hardly say he's a proven Championship goalscorer. Would he fit in with our style? How do Burnley play? Do they play it on the floor?

I don't want to see us splashing out massive amounts of money on players any more, those days are behind us. If Pearson and his staff can find us a gem like Knockaert for a relatively reasonable fee, they can find us a striker if needs be.

I get your point as usual Rich but this could be about speculating to accumulate.

4 mill? ( wild guess, I know) for a striker currently on fire, to win 70 million via promotion could be money well spent?

I think anyone would but Jones is much more realistic.

Do you see Beckford carrying on at goals every three games rate? lol I don't. Be over the moon if he does someone would definitley take him!

I'm not even convinced four would be enough they are quite keen on protecting their little asset and he has attracted Premier League interest recently. I think he'd only be a realistic target if we go up unfortunatley.

I think anyone would but Jones is much more realistic.

Do you see Beckford carrying on at goals every three games rate? lol I don't. Be over the moon if he does someone would definitley take him!

I'm not even convinced four would be enough they are quite keen on protecting their little asset and he has attracted Premier League interest recently. I think he'd only be a realistic target if we go up unfortunatley.

They may want to cash in now while he is in such good form, if we wait until we are promoted, then perversely I would probably go for Jones, proven if not prolific at that level, and is not going to need time to settle and would bring much needed prem experience to the team.

Austin isn't a flash in the pan player he consistently scores goals at every level he has been at, Villa and Newcastle have been linked with him anyway so unless we offer big bucks and wages we won't get him, he is a striker I would like to see here but unrealistic for us unless we go up.

4 million for Charlie Austin, some of you are nuts. They got 7 for Jay Rodriguez and we got quoted that sort of figure for Shane Long, Nicky Maynard etc. Why would they let him go for 4?

He's not got long left on his contract :dunno: (just speculating)

We are not going to pay 7-8 million for him, and just because others are stupid enough to do so, doesn't mean we should.

We may miss out, but look at Maynard and Sharp, now back in the championship as unwanted extras in premiership clubs, we are hopefully no longer going to pay over the odds, and hopefully FFP will help curb this ridiculous over spending endemic through out the top 2 divisions in this country.

Can't understand why everyone wants another misfiring big name here - have you forgotten how we treat 'stars' - stick with the young and hungry I say and accept we will always have to grow our own stars rather than ship them in.

He is young, and he has something to prove. Fits well for me.

He's not got long left on his contract :dunno: (just speculating)

We are not going to pay 7-8 million for him, and just because others are stupid enough to do so, doesn't mean we should.

We may miss out, but look at Maynard and Sharp, now back in the championship as unwanted extras in premiership clubs, we are hopefully no longer going to pay over the odds, and hopefully FFP will help curb this ridiculous over spending endemic through out the top 2 divisions in this country.

Dunno if he's signed an extention or not but initally was three and a half years of which he's had nearly two years of. So there'd be no pressure to sell him until the summer at the earliest.

Either which way, he aint coming here I don't think.

I could have a word I do play Sunday League football with his cousin, they've never spoken to each other like but family is family lol

This, it's more exciting that way imo

Yakubu is much better than Jones.

95 premier league goals in 252 appearances compared to 36 in 152 for Jones.

He really isn't that good, as the DJ said he signs for a club, makes a big impression, then just fades away as the opposition work him out.

He will not be a bad signing, but he is not as good as people on here are making out.

Speaking of Yakubu, his team Guangzhou are top of the Chinese Super League and he's got 8 league goals in 12 league games for them. Wouldn't mind him back now :P

Archived