Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Kenwyne Jones On loan?

To my mind there's only any point going out and signing players who are going to be better, or have the potential to be better than what we have at present.

Pearson said this much in his post match interview on Tuesday.

This is for two reasons.. To consolidate the great start we have had and to build a squad capable of competing in the Prem.

There's little point, in my mind, being linked with older players who have played in the Prem already. They have had their best times. Id like to see us look at players under 25 who have still got it all to play for, to improve and who still have hunger in their belly.

That's why I've banged on about players like Jay Thomas. I think he's got great potential to only get better. Same with Charlie Austin. He's only 23 and will be looking for a move to a bigger club at some point.

These are the type of players I would part with money for because I think they will add real value to what we have already.

Big Jones?.... Not for me

I'd love Steve Morison or Simeon Jackson from Norwich on loan but not sure if Hughton would part with either at the minute.

Good shouts, I would take Simeon Jackson in a heartbeat.

Always rated him from his Gillingham days.

Loan forwards that are options we could potentially go for

Wickham- Sunderland

Guidetti- Man City

Joshua King- Man Utd

Vellios- Everton

Joshua King might be the best young player at holding the ball up i've seen, he was superb when Hull played us last season. Might not be a goalscorer but Knockaert playing off him would be lethal.

He scored 20 goals in 23 apperances for Feyenoord last season.

He isn't getting a sniff at Manchester City 5th choice atm, a loan spell here would be beneficial for him he is a very good striker as proved by that spell you alluded to.

Joshua King might be the best young player at holding the ball up i've seen, he was superb when Hull played us last season. Might not be a goalscorer but Knockaert playing off him would be lethal.

Seems to have some talent, preferably we will get a striker in.

Loan forwards that are options we could potentially go for

Wickham- Sunderland

Guidetti- Man City

Joshua King- Man Utd

Vellios- Everton

Guidetti would be amazing! Thought I would chuck a few more names in that could be possible:

Samed Yesil-Liverpool

Adam Morgan-Liverpool

Will Keane- Man U

Jamie mackie-QPR

Adam Le fondre-Reading

Would be happy with any of these! Yes 3 of them are unproven but they will be hungry and want to prove a point!

To my mind there's only any point going out and signing players who are going to be better, or have the potential to be better than what we have at present.

This is for two reasons.. To consolidate the great start we have had and to build a squad capable of competing in the Prem.

There's little point, in my mind, being linked with older players who have played in the Prem already. They have had their best times. Id like to see us look at players under 25 who have still got it all to play for, to improve and who still have hunger in their belly.

That's why I've banged on about players like Jay Thomas. I think he's got great potential to only get better. Same with Charlie Austin. He's only 23 and will be looking for a move to a bigger club at some point.

These are the type of players I would part with money for because I think they will add real value to what we have already.

I don't disagree with you but would not rule out a player on age if he was proven, even if it is a short term deal. But to be honest I don't think that would be likely.

Good shouts, I would take Simeon Jackson in a heartbeat.

Always rated him from his Gillingham days.

I'm from Gillingham and used to have a season ticket there. Was never totally convinced aboutnhim and how far he could go. Good player but he just lacks that something. Having said that, he has improved so much since he's been at Norwich that he could be a decent shout.

You just described Jason Roberts, and he turned out to be the signing that won Reading promotion. Experience going into the run in will be vital and we currently have very few players who have been promoted from this division

You just described Jason Roberts, and he turned out to be the signing that won Reading promotion. Experience going into the run in will be vital and we currently have very few players who have been promoted from this division

To be fair that's a good shout and I can't argue with it.

:thumbup:

Would love John Guidetti to come here but it'll never, ever happen. Too good for the Championship - like someone else said, he bagged 20 goals for Feynoord last season...

We could have had Guidetti under Sven. I remember reading a quote from him saying that he would like to work with him again.

Didn't he go on loan to Burnley and not do a great deal? That doesn't mean he wouldn't now that he's had more experience though. I'd be glad to see him down here if we could make it happen.

Would love John Guidetti to come here but it'll never, ever happen. Too good for the Championship - like someone else said, he bagged 20 goals for Feynoord last season...

After the Ajax result people might disagree but I think that the worst teams in the Eredivisie are a fair bit worse than the worst in the Championship but the best teams in Holland are better than the best in the championship so I think that he'd be playing a similar standard in this league but he would be up against a more consistent standard of team. I would agree that he should be looking towards top flight football in one of the big leagues but I wouldn't rule it out a short-term loan.

Archived