Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Kenwyne Jones On loan?

http://www.mirror.co...e-jones-1393575

Fox hunt: Stoke's Jones eyed to join Leicester's push for promotion

22 Oct 2012 22:30

Championship leaders want the Potters striker to help them build on red-hot run of five wins and a draw from their last six matches

Peter Aiken

By Ian Baker

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is determined to bring in new players to strengthen their Premier League push - and Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones is high on the list.

Five wins and a draw in their last six league games have lifted ­Pearson’s side above Cardiff to the top of the Championship.

And their drive for promotion could now pave the way for a loan move for out-of-favour Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones.

Pearson is a known admirer of the Trinidad & Tobago ­international and may be short in attack with Jamie Vardy struggling with illness.

And, as he prepared to play host to eighth-placed Brighton on Tuesday night, Pearson said: “I’m not ruling out signing players on loan. We may still do business one way or the other.

“The squad at the moment are really stretching each other and we have healthy competition for places.â€

Pearson is also keen to offload midfielder Neil Danns, as his side look to make it seven unbeaten at home.

Jesus, I really wonder about journalistic standards these days, Pearson says he is not ruling it out, and we may bring someone in.

Paper writes that we are determined to bring someone in on loan, and then prints the quotes that contradicts itself.

Awful awful journalism.

I get a feeling this won't happen.

Pearson says we're on the lookout for new players and then suddenyl we are re-linked to a player that has been linked with us for ages.

Too convenient!

That is more to do with our scouting of players than anything having a very thorough look at them.

I think Jones would be interesting, but it doesn't strike me as an NP style loan, unless we have the option to buy and price already agreed upon.

Typical NP loanee is young unproven and hungry, we loan Jones and he is a success then Stoke will hold us over a barrel in January.

I'm not really sure Jones would fit into our style of play, NP likes players that work hard and will chase back and harass the defence and support the midfield, this isn't really Jones' style, he also doesn't have that great a goal scoring record he has not scored more than 10 league goals since 06/07 season, for Southampton in the Championship.

As someone else has mentioned it would be a decent loan as we do seem to be pumping a lot of balls into the box and with this big man up top I'm sure he would grab quite a few goals as he is a beast in the air, would deffenatly add a threat to any set pieces and always chasing things down. would be a good move I think.

I noticed in the early games in particular we were getting lots of quality crosses in but they weren't being converted, so in that sense it could be a good signing.

Im not sure though, he's not the kind of player I usually like, more famed for his build than for his footballing skill or finishing.

Would like to see someone such as Pacheco(liverpool) coming in on loan. Looked very good for norwich, ideal for our passing style and technically gifted. Nevertheless would be more than happy with jones

He was great on FIFA :ph34r:

I would be happy with Jones, he should be an absolute beast at this level, he isn't all about being a target man, he has quick feet and can score goals.

We need a striker I feel, because we can't rely on Nugent and Vardy all the time, while the other three in Waghorn, Schlupp and Futacs are not really goalscorers on a regular basis.

We really need a back-up to Konchesky as well.

I see Danns has just tweeted that him and Gally have just had training, that tells me that both of them are not in Pearson's plans and will be loaned out.

He can't be happy at Stoke and he's not gonna get anyone better than us until January at the earliest, so I can see it happening.

Yeah dunno why, money more than likely, but just don't think it'll happen. Be delighted if it did though just what we need.

Would love this signing if true. I've always rated him. It'd almost be like when we signed Yakubu, I couldn't believe that either!

Yakubu is much better than Jones.

95 premier league goals in 252 appearances compared to 36 in 152 for Jones.

He really isn't that good, as the DJ said he signs for a club, makes a big impression, then just fades away as the opposition work him out.

He will not be a bad signing, but he is not as good as people on here are making out.

Archived