Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Kenwyne Jones On loan?

Hope this doesn't mean we start smashing the ball up from defence, our ground passing has been brilliant.

This

Nice.

This

No it means someone who is decent in the air and mobile will get on the end of Knockeart and Marshall's crosses.

And this!!!!

I heard this back in the summer transfer window so could just be rumours coming round again...

He's a great player though, I'd be very happy. We need something a bit special to add to our attack, especially if Nuge ever becomes unavailable. Not sure Waggy or Futacs, no matter how much I want them to, have enough flair to make a big difference.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-transfer-news-kenwyne-jones-1393575

Fox hunt: Stoke's Jones eyed to join Leicester's push for promotion

22 Oct 2012 22:30

Championship leaders want the Potters striker to help them build on red-hot run of five wins and a draw from their last six matches

[/url]

Peter Aiken

By Ian Baker

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is determined to bring in new players to strengthen their Premier League push - and Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones is high on the list.

Five wins and a draw in their last six league games have lifted ­Pearson’s side above Cardiff to the top of the Championship.

And their drive for promotion could now pave the way for a loan move for out-of-favour Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones.

Pearson is a known admirer of the Trinidad & Tobago ­international and may be short in attack with Jamie Vardy struggling with illness.

And, as he prepared to play host to eighth-placed Brighton on Tuesday night, Pearson said: “I’m not ruling out signing players on loan. We may still do business one way or the other.

“The squad at the moment are really stretching each other and we have healthy competition for places.â€

Pearson is also keen to offload midfielder Neil Danns, as his side look to make it seven unbeaten at home.

I dont understand all the concern about long ball. Why, when pearson has got 3 widemen would he say 'sorry guys, i've got kenyne jones on loan til january, marshall, knockaert, dyer **** off, lets change our style of play to please a loanee!'

I dont understand all the concern about long ball. Why, when pearson has got 3 widemen would he say 'sorry guys, i've got kenyne jones on loan til january, marshall, knockaert, dyer **** off, lets change our style of play to please a loanee!'

I don't think it's a case of us changing style on purpose, but players get drawn in to pumping high balls with a big man up there as it's an easier option than trying to pick a pass and start a move. Seen it for us and other teams before.

I don't think it's a case of us changing style on purpose, but players get drawn in to pumping high balls with a big man up there as it's an easier option than trying to pick a pass and start a move. Seen it for us and other teams before.

Agreed, but this is where a manager is worth his salt. You install an approach and if players don't stick to that then you do what you've got to do. I am very impressed with our movement from the likes of Drinkwater, King, Knockaert and many others. Some it comes naturally to, but other players have had to work on this and I hope they can maintain that. I'd definitely bring Jones in though, I worry we still might be an easy target against teams like Millwall and some strength up top helps nullify limited teams, as we have plenty of other players to do the damage.

See what you mean , but surely it just gives the team added options and less predictability .

Agreed, but this is where a manager is worth his salt. You install an approach and if players don't stick to that then you do what you've got to do. I am very impressed with our movement from the likes of Drinkwater, King, Knockaert and many others. Some it comes naturally to, but other players have had to work on this and I hope they can maintain that. I'd definitely bring Jones in though, I worry we still might be an easy target against teams like Millwall and some strength up top helps nullify limited teams, as we have plenty of other players to do the damage.

Jones and Futacs upfront, batter the opposition into submission. :D

See what you mean , but surely it just gives the team added options and less predictability .

It should in theory. And probably does for a while, until things aren't quite going as you want and the lumping starts.

I like Jones and would have no problem with him coming in as he is an extra dimension. Pearson has to be careful though and manage it correctly as Ric said.

Jones would be such a class addition, but with an improved squad, it might create tensions over who gets to play.

As Pearson recently pointed out in his interview with Stringer, we're about to see a few of the current players to go out on loan (Waghorn? Danns? Gallagher?), so that should even itself out in the end.

Ideally, I'd reinforce the defense (particularly on LB and RB) and bring in one more wide midfielder, as well.

Archived