Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Scottish Football

Having seen three league games games in the past four weeks, I would say that Celtic apart, they are on a par with our Championship.

One team that did impress me, were Terry Butcher's Inverness Caledonian Thistle He has obviously worked some wonders with his team.

I saw the wins against Dundee, and also Dundee United, and as a unit they seem very well balanced. I really enjoyed watching them, and I reckon Terry Butcher will be heading South before too long,

Edited by DANGEROUS TIGER

Not romping but they'll still win comfortably. In any race you'll run faster if you've runners who can challenge you and clearly Rangers are a loss to Celtics urgency but nobody else in that league has the consistency to stay with them.

They'll win the league by nine or more points, comfortably.

Hope Hibs hold 2nd, though. Be a fantastic turn about from last year. Wouldn't say no to Griffiths or Wotherspoon here.

It's just the same without an old firm derby.

Personally i hope the league rots without Rangers... not that I'm bitter or anything. :dry:

surely it has its advantages though, more competitive league and huge increases in attendances for lower level scottish football + better tv money too.

surely it has its advantages though, more competitive league and huge increases in attendances for lower level scottish football + better tv money too.

For the lower leagues its a god send, playing Rangers will give the lower league teams a much needed financial boost (as it would if celtic were in the lower league)

As for the Scottish premier though, i hope it come back to haunt them big time.

Like i said though, not bitter. :ph34r:

Edited by Gold Coast Fox

do not get why anyone gives a crap about the SPL, i hate the Scots tbh

I'm English, but I fvckin double dare you... nah, I triple dare you to walk down Sauchiehall Street on a Saturday at about 10.00pm and say that.

Although, frankly, you prob wouldn't stand much of chance at 8.30am, either...

Anyway, back to footballing matters:

Partick Thistle are good bets for promotion this year. Top of the league with the astute former Celt Jackie McNamara at the helm. Glasgow derbies to return next year, of a sort...

How can people praise celtic so much for the game against Barca, where statistically they had next to no possession and only one shot, then they go and lose against Kilmarnock. Its just a little funny lol

Edited by Darkon84

How can people praise celtic so much for the game against Barca, where statistically they had next to no possession and only one shot, then they go and lose against Kilmarnock. Its just a little funny lol

That must mean kilmarnock are better than barcelona.

They praised them (and rightly so) because of the huge gap betwen the clubs, the fact Celtic almost pulled off the impossible is worth the praise.

• 1 month later...

The SPL has been great this season, with Rangers gone its been rerally open. And the fact sevco are in the lower leagues its given a massive boost to that too.

Watched the Hearts v Celtic game, just full of tension, great atmosphere, reminded me of games back in the 80's, you dont seem to get that in the EPL anymore.....until Cardiff are in it that is.

The SPL has been great this season, with Rangers gone its been rerally open. And the fact sevco are in the lower leagues its given a massive boost to that too.

Watched the Hearts v Celtic game, just full of tension, great atmosphere, reminded me of games back in the 80's, you dont seem to get that in the EPL anymore.....until Cardiff are in it that is.

Really,?

FT Hearts [0 - 4] Celtic 10' [0 - 1] L. Nouioui goal.gif 22' [0 - 2] M. Lustig goal.gif 30' [0 - 3] R. Stevenson (o.g.)

you need to go to Celtic v Rangers mate!

I've been, it was in 1989 though.

Fair play, would love to have gone back then in the days where even the players participated in the bigotry, sorry 'banter'. Not the same now at all.

Not sure the Old firm has changed that much...well apart from rangers not existing anymore lol ....but when sevco get back in the SPL I doubt little will change, it will still be brilliant.

It has, weren't even singing the billy boys in the ground as it's been banned three years ago, in the 1990's Andy Goram used to lead the fans off in singing it.

and always remember, we'd rather die with our history than live with yours, BJK. :P

It has, weren't even singing the billy boys in the ground as it's been banned three years ago, in the 1990's Andy Goram used to lead the fans off in singing it.

and always remember, we'd rather die with our history than live with yours, BJK. :P

lol

I guess some songs have changed but theres plenty of 'iffy' songs still sung, the hatred I'm sure will still be there.

• 1 month later...