Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Scottish Football

Absolute no brainer if offered.

Would be great to see the look on the SPL's chairman who voted them out if they did.

You think the SPL would suffer more than Rangers? Grow up.

Rangers would rise through English football to about League One from where they'd have to actually start scrapping. They'd get reasonable attendances and they've got a big ground but as soon as they hit a stumbling block their reputation would start to fade, they'd stop being able to attract players, the money would start to dry up, the club would go stagnant and before you know it they'd be another Leeds.

Except less than Leeds because at least they were actually a big club in a big division.

And the knuckle-dragging pricks this side of the border who support Rangers because they see them as a symbol of Great Britain would start to lose interest if they were just another club in the English league system, their support would start to diminish down here. Especially once the Sots/English rivalry started to kick in and the oh-so-hilarious banter and In-Ger-Lund chants started to get increasingly annoying a la Cardiff and Swansea.

And without the Old Firm the Northern Irish supporters would start to lose interest and after a generation or so more and more of Rangers' identity would die. I suppose the plus side is that honest, blue Glaswegians would get their own football club back, free from far-right bigots only in it for the politics. But then the compromise would be footballing mediocrity. Another Sheffield Wednesday, another Leeds United, another former glory destined to never - EVER - see European football again.

Meanwhile, up North, the SPL plods on much as it has this season with slightly invigorated attendances at Callie, at Tynecastle, at Easter Road, with the league that bit more interesting now the other clubs can compete for a top two spot and maybe - just maybe - push an increasingly complacent Celtic.

• Like 1

That's some serious fantasy there Finners.

Of course the SPL would suffer, it's alright having a slightly increased attendance or so for 6 months but how do you think that would fair after Celtic have just won their 8th league title on the trot by 25 points? As for second, why on earth is that an incentive for anyone? Scotland are 24th in the UEFA co-efficients and they are only going down, that 1 CL place isn't changing anytime soon.

Rangers are incomparable to Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday, a far bigger club with a far bigger fanbase that would thrive in a league like ours.

If Swansea can rise through the leagues over the last 10-12 years for a place in the Premiership have no doubt Rangers can. The Celtic fans will put forward all the arguments you have above but in reality and behind closed doors we all know they will be shitting themselves at the thought of it.

Edited by MattP

On the subject of Rangers leaving the Scottish league, I saw the Rangers chairman on SSN a few days ago talking about a 20 club breakaway European league. Pretty sure he said it would be a reality in five years and that Rangers would be in it.

Have I missed a thread about that?

That's some serious fantasy there Finners.

Of course the SPL would suffer, it's alright having a slightly increased attendance or so for 6 months but how do you think that would fair after Celtic have just won their 8th league title on the trot by 25 points? As for second, why on earth is that an incentive for anyone? Scotland are 24th in the UEFA co-efficients and they are only going down, that 1 CL place isn't changing anytime soon.

Rangers are incomparable to Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday, a far bigger club with a far bigger fanbase that would thrive in a league like ours.

If Swansea can rise through the leagues over the last 10-12 years for a place in the Premiership have no doubt Rangers can. The Celtic fans will put forward all the arguments you have above but in reality and behind closed doors we all know they will be shitting themselves at the thought of it.

Killie will be in administration by the end of the month by all accounts..................after that it'll be one after the other.

The old firm have been subsidising the SPL since it began so to rid one team of membership was suicide.

Rangers deserved to be punished but division 3 was a bit silly and some of the teams that voted for it will now pay with their own existence.

• 1 month later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21604986

The commission appointed by the Scottish Premier League to investigate alleged undisclosed payments by Rangers will not strip the club of any titles.

But the company that formerly ran the club have been fined £250,000 by the Lord Nimmo Smith-chaired commission.

It found that 'oldco' did not disclose payments to the football authorities.

The investigation relates to the period between 2000-11 when Rangers operated employee benefits trusts (EBT), the subject of a long-running tax tribunal.

The commission found that the 'oldco' management did not take professional advice on disclosing the payments.

"Oldco through its senior management decided that such side-letter arrangements should not be disclosed to the football authorities," it stated.

Follow Follow. Heres to 54 and man many more! WATP.

He must be getting on.

In other Scottish football, Celtic been shite in the league as of late, consistency isn't there, however compared to the others they're still the best as to be expected.

Just been reading back through the thread a little and on the subject of the Glasgow clubs fans I'd say both are loud however, the Huns are more dependent upon the football on the pitch whereas Celtic have a standard which they never fall below no matter what's happening on the park. Been some interesting developments for the green brigade recently, with them being spoke about on national news, again, in Scotland. Seems the FAC isn't really working unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

Fenians calling us Bears Sevco. Look into your own history Pacific Shelf.

Worlds most successful club. 140 years of history 9 months of history.

Rangers went under, like it or not you're a new club. Just as MK Dons don't have 124 years of history, you don't have 140 years anymore, you've got 9 months.

• Like 4

I'm trying to convince you. Convince you to stop spewing sectarian shit over a Leicester forum.

I don't give a toss who you support, it's not for me to tell people what teams they're allowed to follow but I will never, ever get why born and bred Englishmen - most of whom (though I accept not all) have lived in Leicester their whole lives - feel the need to bandwagon on Rangers and Celtic as if it's anything to do with them.

The only Old Firm supporters I've ever met who are actually from Glasgae are some absolutely top, ****ing sound people (most of whom have at least a mate if not more that support the other side) who are almost universally ashamed of the politics of the OF. Don't get me wrong, they're not tree-hugging puffters who're going to link arms with the old enemy and skip to Ibrox but none of them want the stupid sectarian crap and the mindless hatred to stop. They just want to get on with their football.

Yet just about every Rangers "fan" on here wants to bang on about Tims, Big Jock, Fenians, We Are The People and whatever the sod else. You almost never see a simple "oh yeah, Rangers did well today, good result for us" post without having to wank off over how much they hate Celtic for whatever political reason. MattP posts more about laughing at Celtic than "supporting" Rangers, says it all.

For the record, I hate the plastic Paddies that take it the other way as well, who've never been to Ireland or Glasgow and are just as amply retarded. It's just they seem to be infinitely rarer round here.

Well said.

It's bad enough that that sectarian shit exists in 21st century Glasgow without bringing it 300 miles south to a city where it's completely and utterly irrelevant.

Well said.

It's bad enough that that sectarian shit exists in 21st century Glasgow without bringing it 300 miles south to a city where it's completely and utterly irrelevant.

Fenian bastard.