Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AmyLGK

Wellens...can't find the original thread sorry

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Richie-Wellens-plans-says-Leicester-City-boss/story-17245692-detail/story.html

Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy wants to keep Leicester City midfieldericon1.png Richie Wellens at Portman Road.

However, City boss Nigel Pearson is in no rush to commit to a further loan for the playericon1.png.

• ​4282428.jpg
    Leicester City midfielder Richie Wellens

Wellens' one-month loan at Portman Road is due to end on November 10, but new Tractor Boys boss McCarthy said he would love to keep the 32-year-old for a longer period.

"I thought Richie was terrific," said McCarthy after their victory at Birmingham on Saturday.

"I hope I can keep him, I'll have to speak to Nigel about that."

But Pearson said Wellens still featured in his plans and had only gone out on loan to gain fitnessicon1.pngafter recovering from a knee injury.

"We have to see where we are with that when that comes around," said Pearson.

"We have not got the biggest squad and the whole idea of Richie going out was for him to get somegamesicon1.png.

"That was the most important thing in terms of the next step in his rehabilitation."

Pearson added: "It is important that we recognise that it has been a successful loan period, and I will look at that closer to the time.

"We will see how he is towards the end of next week."

Wellens has made five starts for the Tractor Boys during his loan spell, helping the Championshipicon1.pngbasement side to a much-needed win against Birmingham as they closed the gap on second-bottom Bristol City to just one point.

He needs to stop trying to find that killer pass all the time and stop taking one touch too many before releasing the ball. If he can do this and adapt to our quick passing game then he could be a real asset still. He could also be useful for games when we're looking to slow things down a bit and dictate the tempo and play. Definitely still got a part to play here IMO and I'd rather have him on the bench than Danns.

I prefer Wellens to Matty James if I take Wellens performances for us and James's. I can't believe i'm saying that.

I agree, Wellens is far more of a complete midfielder that James.

Send James to the farmers and get Wellens back.

He needs to stop trying to find that killer pass all the time and stop taking one touch too many before releasing the ball. If he can do this and adapt to our quick passing game then he could be a real asset still. He could also be useful for games when we're looking to slow things down a bit and dictate the tempo and play. Definitely still got a part to play here IMO and I'd rather have him on the bench than Danns.

Agreed.

If he can adapt then we'll have a useful player in our squad.

A couple of facts curiously omitted by our Richie and his few remaining groupies on here.

1) Ipswich have lost all of the four games he has played for them.

2) This is the third October in a row where a manager of a team he plays for has been sacked.

If he could pass a football as well as he passes the buck, he'd be at a Champions League club.

What's this a post irrelevant points competition?

I see them all as different types of player.

I am glad you added that, tend to agree with you there. James is much more of a defensive player which is why I feel a lot on here don't rate him. But a fit fresh experienced Wellens has tobe an asset to the squad. It's also nice to see posters being positive about him. Arethey looking for a scape goat?

Archived