Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AmyLGK

Wellens...can't find the original thread sorry

please move this if its in the wrong place...

but...

AMAZING....

http://www1.skysport...es-for-attitude

On-loan midfielder Richie Wellens has hit out at the 'cosy' atmosphere at Ipswich and claimed he cannot see the club ever winning a game unless attitudes change.

Ipswich are currently four points adrift at the bottom of the Championship - a run of form that has seen manager Paul Jewellspacer.gifsacked.

And Wellens, who has been at the club less than a month since signing on a short-term deal from Leicester,spacer.gif feels more changes are required if they are to escape the drop.

"A new manager needs to come in and put a rocket under their backsides because there are not enough people who show they care about losing a game of football or even their own careers," said the 32-year-old, quoted in the Daily Express.

"A new manager needs to come in and put a rocket under their backsides because there are not enough people who show they care about losing a game of football or even their own careers."

Ritchie WellensQuotes of the week

"One of the coaches said that the old manager got stick for bringing in loan players, but it is the loan players who are showing they care and that is a sad indication of what is wrong.

"We need people to show passion, to show they care. It is difficult when you are getting the ball and no one else wants it. It is human nature when you are under pressure to go and hide but we need a better attitude, and to act like men.

"I have always thought of Ipswich as a nice club and that was confirmed when I got here. It is a little too easy, too cosy.

"I can't see Ipswich ever winning a game unless they are at their best and everything is going for them. To be a strong club in the Championship you have to win when things are not going well.

"I can fully understand why the club have been done by five and six goals this season."

Clever lad, the worst thing that can happen is he will be retured to his parent club on a very nice wage and just tick along with the possibility of getting a game (the Wellens of two seasons ago was just wat we needed Saturday).

The alternative is that the fans who are very pissed off with their club and actually saying very similar on forums, twitter and the like will see it as a breath of fresh air and he will become a favourite.

Whatever happens it clearly will be his fault.

He also said the following regarding their managerial appointment:

It is not my place to say about that. They need to get to get the decision right because we had it at Leicester. They sacked Nigel Pearson who was doing a good job but then we had to go through two or three managers before we got him back and now he is doing very well. Whoever it is needs to get the players on board as soon as possible.

Fair play to Richie. It's a very sad state of affairs when a loan player cares more for your club than it's own players. I'm certainly glad that we aren't in that same situation at this time.

He also said the following regarding their managerial appointment:

Fair play to Richie. It's a very sad state of affairs when a loan player cares more for your club than it's own players. I'm certainly glad that we aren't in that same situation at this time.

Interesting he says 'sacked'.

A couple of facts curiously omitted by our Richie and his few remaining groupies on here.

1) Ipswich have lost all of the four games he has played for them.

2) This is the third October in a row where a manager of a team he plays for has been sacked.

If he could pass a football as well as he passes the buck, he'd be at a Champions League club.

A couple of facts curiously omitted by our Richie and his few remaining groupies on here.

2) This is the third October in a row where a manager of a team he plays for has been sacked.

If he could pass a football as well as he passes the buck, he'd be at a Champions League club.

lol

I really didn't know that!

Poor Wellens... He's just been unlucky...

:whistle:

Yes they were doing great before he got there eh!

Archived