Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting news topics.

Not sure if anyone has seen the case against this fella for a girl who fell from his balcony. Having looked at the transcripts of what they said that night (he has a habit of recording the audio on his nights out on his phone) and the police admitting he wasn't even on the balcony when she fell I'm stunned they ever went to trial. Whilst his behaviour was a bit odd (no more than hers) that doesn't make him a killer. Sickening that they pushed for the trial and ruined the fella's life for doing nothing more than training to contain someone who was clearly a bit of an odd ball... or the very least couldn't handle her drink.

http://news.sky.com/story/australian-man-not-guilty-of-tinder-date-death-10624313

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not sure if anyone has seen the case against this fella for a girl who fell from his balcony. Having looked at the transcripts of what they said that night (he has a habit of recording the audio on his nights out on his phone) and the police admitting he wasn't even on the balcony when she fell I'm stunned they ever went to trial. Whilst his behaviour was a bit odd (no more than hers) that doesn't make him a killer. Sickening that they pushed for the trial and ruined the fella's life for doing nothing more than training to contain someone who was clearly a bit of an odd ball... or the very least couldn't handle her drink.

http://news.sky.com/story/australian-man-not-guilty-of-tinder-date-death-10624313

Definitely not a case of a murder, but you could make a fairly strong case for manslaughter given the circumstances. Locking somebody out onto the balcony of your apartment when they are in an erratic state and after a few drinks makes him somewhat culpable, but probably not quite enough. Seems like a bizarre set of events either way - particularly the whole recording of the conversation etc. 

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

Definitely not a case of a murder, but you could make a fairly strong case for manslaughter given the circumstances. Locking somebody out onto the balcony of your apartment when they are in an erratic state and after a few drinks makes him somewhat culpable, but probably not quite enough. Seems like a bizarre set of events either way - particularly the whole recording of the conversation etc. 

I would agree if she had been out there some time, but it seemed only a matter of seconds or minutes before she went over the edge. I don't remember any shouting for help from neighbours in the transcript (didn't want to listen to it), and barely any pleading to go back in beyond a couple of let me back ins.

Her reaction for me of either jumping or trying to climb to another balcony from that height, were not normal actions given the amount of time that had passed. I don't see how any jury in their right might would ever have convicted him based on the evidence.

The press coverage was a disgrace, purposely highlight certain facts and neglecting others. The amount of coverage his life, and certain other events got was ridiculous... then exceptionally important facts like time frame and him not even being on the balcony are left as a foot note. Before I looked at the transcript and just went off the articles I thought he sounded guilty as hell.

Edited by Babylon

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Glad to hear that Mrs. Redknapp's injuries don't sound too serious and all that but..... 

Don't tell me he was leaning out of his window talking to reporters about deadline day deals, don't tell me that!

And don't tell me he'd been in the shops doing some "wheeling and dealing", just don't tell me that!

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

purple creature

Especially as it's eyes follow you round the room.

I see I've got a notification, click to see what I've been quoted on and all of a sudden that thing appears on my screen. I literally flinched. lol

Heathrow expansion has been approved. Apparently there will be lots of legal challenges. Why can't we just get on and build it?

Having said that, the second phase of HS2 is supposed to run up past East Midlands Airport and stop at a place called Broxtowe in Nottingham. Why not have it stop at East Midlands Aiport and expand that as a hub. Then people can take the new high speed train to Birmingham, London or up to Leeds. Plus it is right by the M1 so it is accessible. An hour to/from london isn't too bad.

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

Heathrow expansion has been approved. Apparently there will be lots of legal challenges. Why can't we just get on and build it?

Having said that, the second phase of HS2 is supposed to run up past East Midlands Airport and stop at a place called Broxtowe in Nottingham. Why not have it stop at East Midlands Aiport and expand that as a hub. Then people can take the new high speed train to Birmingham, London or up to Leeds. Plus it is right by the M1 so it is accessible. An hour to/from london isn't too bad.

Environmental reasons? Because it will put another million people directly underneath a flight path? Because it will cost the taxpayer 17 billion?

Take your pick.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Environmental reasons? Because it will put another million people directly underneath a flight path? Because it will cost the taxpayer 17 billion?

Take your pick.

They're not starting the groundwork already, are they?

Take your pick.

I went to Uni in Uxbridge and drove through Heathrow nearly every other day. I had friends you lived in the surrounding areas. The noise wasn't as bad as people make out.

Environmental... The planes are going to go somewhere. For the local environment, you can already taste the fuel in the air. It won't make it much worse.

Cost, in the long run it isn't a lot of money.

On 10/22/2016 at 17:43, Webbo said:

If you have an ancestor who died in WW1 or just want to check your surname to see if there any possible ancestors.

Everyman remembered.

Just stuck my surname in (Irish name, not that common) - and surprised to get 76 hits, though I'm pretty sure no close relatives died in WW1.

Two of my English great-uncles served but survived. One was shot in the buttocks, apparently. The poor bugger was then a Japanese POW in WW2 (weighing 6st by the end)....but lived to 90.