Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Pearson: We Didn't Do Enough

Nigel Pearson admitted his side again failed to reach their optimum level of performance as Watford inflicted their second successive league defeat.

Just as they had been against Crystal Palace seven days previously, the Foxes looked off-colour at Vicarage Road, as goals from Almen Abdi and Fernando Forestieri gave the Hornets three points.

David Nugent’s sixth goal of the season gave Pearson’s side hope in the final 20 minutes, but the dismissal of Zak Whitbread late-on for a second bookable offence left them with an uphill task.

“It’s disappointing that we’ve had two games in a row where we haven’t done enough ourselves,†Pearson said after the game.

“We underperformed again and had too many players that didn’t hit the levels we have so far this season. In this division, it’s difficult to carry players that aren’t performing particularly well.

“Give them (Watford) some credit, they played some good football, but we didn’t do enough to get the win we were looking for.â€

Pearson felt his side were uncharacteristically disappointing with the ball against the Hornets, whose combination of strong defending and dangerous counter-attacking proved mightily effective on their own patch.

But the Foxes boss says his players will regroup for another tough away game on Tuesday night, when they will travel to Bolton Wanderers.

“We didn’t utilise our possession well enough. We made a lot of poor decisions and didn’t work hard enough when we had the ball,†Pearson said.

“We didn’t manage the ball in the fashion that I would expect us to. In the end we played some pretty direct football, which isn’t really our style, but it looked more likely to get us an outcome rather than playing through midfield and out wide.

“We’ll have to get things ready for Tuesday night and make sure the team is ready for that game.â€

http://www.lcfc.com/...x?pageView=full

Nigel Pearson admits Leicester have lost their way a little http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8223225/

Well, we are still a work in progress but we need to be prepared to spend some cash now to strengthen the team because it is painfully obvious it needs a couple of new players, a forward and a left sided defensive player in my opinion.

Problem is of course to find the right player to bring in, no point just bringing in a short termist solution.

Well, we are still a work in progress but we need to be prepared to spend some cash now to strengthen the team because it is painfully obvious it needs a couple of new players, a forward and a left sided defensive player in my opinion.

Problem is of course to find the right player to bring in, no point just bringing in a short termist solution.

Problem is also offloading unwanted players i.e Danns and Gallagher ( because of the wages they are on)

I'm a Pearson fan but my complaint with him is that we have been below par for the past three games, but his post match comments were - until yesterday - of an uncharacteristically cheery tone. After one disappointing display it's fair enough, but after last week I expected him to be a little more damning in his assessment. During his first stay he would often lay into the side even after a win, and I noticed how this helped to keep us on our toes at times.

Even yesterday he said we'd been 'excellent' so far this campaign.

I think Nige needs reminding that this is his team, he's been here for a year, and this latest wobble isn't a 'first five games bedding in' wobble, it's over a quarter of the way through the season. If we finish fourth and miss out in the play-offs this year, then he'll be in deep trouble; fourth isn't far from 'excellent', but it isn't excellent either.

We've scored no more than one goal in the past four, and less in total than the three teams above us, plus we've lost back-to-back games (again) with very few alternatives in our squad. I think it's time for Nigel to give the likes of Knockaert, Drinkwater, Marshall et al the hairdryer treatment and stop pretending that it's all going to plan.

“We underperformed again and had too many players that didn’t hit the levels we have so far this season. In this division, it’s difficult to carry players that aren’t performing particularly well."

Is that a coded admission that he may need to bring in reinforcements?

Dont seam to keep the momentum going, need to work as a team when being out played by our rivals, need a centre back & a clinical finisher come on the blues sort it NOW !!!!!!!!!

yeah, only wish Nige had known that in the Summer. Oh well he did know about the 'finisher' and bought a league 2 striker. How much was he again?

He seems quite honest which can only be a good thing for you rather than making excuses like other managers do.

If he was honest he would say, 'sorry i'm to blame i got the selection/tactics and subs wrong'.

I seem to agree with Pearson's post match comments every time, he's always honest and doesn't make excuses unless the ref really did cause us a few problems. He doesn't seem worried by two lesser performances and neither am I, looking forward to the Bolton match.

Bolton will kick our @rses

Archived