Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicestermad85

Taft

I'm a teacher and take it from me, just about every teenager I know plasters their Facebook / Twitter accounts with pics of themselves. It's par for the course these days so to give GT stick about that is a bit pathetic.

I've given my opinion of him but I really hope he makes it at LCFC. I like the fact that he's using the stick as motivation. I'd love to know how many of those who reckon he's up his own arse have actually met him?

I think some people are judging him purely on appearance.

The way Konchesky, Whitbread and Moore played yesterday, I'd be giving this lad a chance! He's confident, no doubt about that but lets get something right here, he went and played in Sweden to gain experience instead of taking the easy option of staying in England. He's determined, and shrewd as the Swedish women are unreal and I bet he cleared up! But in all seriousness he did well out there according to some reports that I got my Seedish friend at work to translate. I hope he makes it with us.

:D I'm not judging him. I met his dad a couple of years ago and he was a nice chap. Both of them are big city fans. Best of luck to him.

no,I wasn't judging you Webbo,I just couldn't be arsed to start a new post after I mentioned the paint.if I was him I would take it with a pinch of salt.Most are either slagging someone off or moaning on here.Hope he does well.

I wish the best for most people and wish anyone well.you get people going for promotion and I will help whoever,to try and get them to achieve that,but you get others who would rather someone get sacked or fall on their arse than get that goal,some people are like that I'm afraid.

I criticised him, personally he comes across as a bit of a nob, but if he tries his best when he gets the chance at Leicester then I'll be firmly behind him. It's just he thinks he's already made it when he hasn't just yet.

Hopefully if he works hard then he can get a few games soon enough, as our defence is hardly amazing at the moment! Come on George, prove to us that you are the real deal! ;)

youre backtracking more than what he will in a match!!

I'm a teacher and take it from me, just about every teenager I know plasters their Facebook / Twitter accounts with pics of themselves. It's par for the course these days so to give GT stick about that is a bit pathetic.

I've given my opinion of him but I really hope he makes it at LCFC. I like the fact that he's using the stick as motivation. I'd love to know how many of those who reckon he's up his own arse have actually met him?

I think some people are judging him purely on appearance.

I hope you're not checking out your students' twitter/facebook. >_<

When he's spoken about footy he's always come across as a big city fan, a dedicated pro, and well aware of the effort he has to put in to make it.

That's what matters, not what people think of his hair or clothes etc.

Frankly the only reason to hate him is the fact he knows Malin from take me out cus she's a stunner.

Like I said earlier he is a good prospect.

And despite if people think he is a t**t, or a bell end.

He can't be as bad as Joe Mattock.

He will get his chance when his time comes, because from the youth academy, Moore, Taft, Jones, Schlupp, Panayiotou will all feature in a Leicester shirt more regulary in the next couple of years.

And with the way Whitbread has been playing, and with back-up for left back very thin, it wouldn't surprise me to see Taft on the bench for Bolton or Forest.

Don't get people faulting his attitude, fair enough with all his tweets but you can't judge someone from their social networking... He went over to Sweden on loan to get some first team experience, if that doesn't show he wants to succeed then I don't what does. He's moved away from home to play in an unknown country just to try and show Pearson and Co. that he wants to play football.

NB: I couldn't tell you how good he is because I've never seen him play but he's played for England at youth levels and at a Youth World Cup there must be some talent there to be playing for England at any youth levels.

Arrogance/Confidence in a teenage? Wow, there's a first. Gary Nevillle said on sky yesterday in a discussion about Jack Wiltshire that he played against him for 25 mins last season up at OT, and got a really hard time. He told Neville he was ugly, had a big nose and I imagine other stuff that can't be said on air. The thing is that he's a winner, and even at such a young age he's 'giving it large'. That's what youth culture is I guess. I'm 44 but you've gotta accept it. If he's like this then no problem if he backs it up on the pitch. Give the lad a chance, I'm glad he's no shrinking violet, otherwise he'd be no good to us at all. Good luck George if you're still reading ;-)

If this guy is reading this topic , I suppose you have to get use to a bit of jealousy being a young footballer , chin up big fella it's part & parcel of the job , my dad is city through & through & loves watching you play , thinks your a great prospect George .

Is that you Georgey boy?

Arrogance/Confidence in a teenage? Wow, there's a first. Gary Nevillle said on sky yesterday in a discussion about Jack Wiltshire that he played against him for 25 mins last season up at OT, and got a really hard time. He told Neville he was ugly, had a big nose and I imagine other stuff that can't be said on air. The thing is that he's a winner, and even at such a young age he's 'giving it large'. That's what youth culture is I guess. I'm 44 but you've gotta accept it. If he's like this then no problem if he backs it up on the pitch. Give the lad a chance, I'm glad he's no shrinking violet, otherwise he'd be no good to us at all. Good luck George if you're still reading ;-)

i don't think he is at the moment,although you can only see 4 olive oils in shot he has about 30 and has OCD,if you notice they are in height order,and a few of the players came round and muddled them up.He is livid!

For anyone who can't be arse reading the thread here's the summary.

People slating a young player who hasn't been given a chance, calling him a knob etc.

People find out said young player is reading the thread

People now trying to crawl up said young players arse.

Classic FT thread.

I am sure he is a decent kid, and I rate his dedication and his obvious passion for the club. However, I do think if Pearson rated him he'd have been given a chance at some point by now, even if it was through another loan to a L1 or L2 club. Where did he even go in Sweden before?

done some research on Taft and came across this, well worth a read http://lovelyleftfoot.com/web/top-10-football-league-talents-you-may-not-have-heard-of/

"10. George Taft – Although Taft is yet to make his debut for Leicester City, the Foxes have high hopes for the left back. He may be just 18, but he acquitted himself well on loan at Kettering and Swedish club Karlstad BK last year. He’s now a regular for the England U19’s side so the next step is for Taft to graduate into a starting spot in the Leicester team. Nigel Pearson would do well to let it happen sooner rather than later"

For anyone who can't be arse reading the thread here's the summary.

People slating a young player who hasn't been given a chance, calling him a knob etc.

People find out said young player is reading the thread

People now trying to crawl up said young players arse.

Classic FT thread.

And someone begging for him to tweet their name lol

Can see both sides of the argument. Definitely see where people are coming from when talking about the arrogance but I like his determination to prove us wrong, not thrown his toys out the pram and has stood up for himself in the right way.

Just hope he does it. Wasn't overly impressed with him at centre half when I saw him but actually thought he was very good at left back.

Archived