Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

F****t Pre Match

When those two click it's quite something. The movement, the workrate, the touch. It's pretty good to watch. Sharp does tend to miss a few before he scores but he's always in the right place and will score in the end. Cox seems to be the perfect foil for him too, although he does tend to get himself silly bookings, he'll work his arse off and is not averse to scoring the odd belter himself. They're certainly not your average championship strike force.

As everyone knows our weaknesses lie in defence. Before the start of the season we didn't have one, so once SOD arrived it was a case of build from scratch and considering they haven't had any sort of pre-season together I think they're doing all right. It's a shame you won't see Hutchinson play because he seriously is a class above.

I feel infinitely more confident about this one then the same fixture last year....but then my shite 6 a side team could give your lot a better game then Forest did last year.

IMO, it'll be who turns up on the day. Both our sides have had some off days and some belters so far. Should be good, although one things for certain...we won't get a penalty. Been well over a year now since we had one given.

Oh dear... 0-1 Penalty it is then....

I think this one might end up a draw. Maybe 0-0, but I think I will go for 1-1.

Would obviously love to beat them though, for me more than any other team we play as well.

I think the dancing inmates of this maximum security prison in the Philippines sum up this game quite well:

(1 min 50 for the impatient ones)

F****t preview

http://www.nottingha...w=full#anchored

Nottingham Forest will lock horns with East Midlands rivals Leicester at The King Power Stadium on Saturday (kick-off 12.45pm) in front of a TV audience.

The game is being shown live on Sky and both sides will be looking for a return to winning ways.

Forest bounced back from their 4-1 home defeat at the hands of Millwalllast Saturday with a creditable goalless draw against high-flying Middlesbrough in midweek.

Leicester were also involved in a goalless midweek contest – at Bolton – after back-to-back defeats at the hands of Crystal Palace and Watford.

preview-teamnews40-459833.jpg

Radi Majewski (knee), Sam Hutchinson (knee) and Daniel Ayala (hamstring) remain unavailable to Sean O’Driscoll.

Forest will check on the fitness of Jermaine Jenas, who has missed the last two games with a foot injury, before finalising their preparations for the King Power Stadium meeting.

Leicester have slight doubts surrounding new loan signing Michael Keane, who has a tight hamstring.

Zak Whitbread is available again after serving a one-match ban but Sean St Ledger and striker Jamie Vardy remain sidelined through injury.

preview-wheretheyfinished40-459834.jpg

Forest - 19th

Leicester – 9th

preview-connections40-459831.jpg

Rob Kelly

rob-kelly-16940-475048.jpg

Leicester City looms large in the playing and coaching career of Forest’s current assistant manager.

Kelly started out as a player at Leicester and made his debut for The Foxes as a 19 year old in the early 1980s.

He scored once in 24 league appearances for them before joining Wolves but his days as a player were sadly cut short by a back injury which forced him to retire at the age of 24.

He trained as a journalist and worked for a while on a Midlands newspaper before deciding to try his luck in the world of coaching.

He worked for Wolves and Blackburn before joining Leicester. He was Assistant Manager to Craig Levein for a while but in 2006 was promoted to the top job following the Scot’s sacking.

He landed the Championship Manager of the Month award in ’06 but parted company the club the following year after a dip in form.

Since then Kelly has worked at Preston and Sheffield Wednesday – he was caretaker boss at both for a while – before joining The City Ground coaching staff in the summer of 2011.

preview-downtheyears40-459832.jpg

Forest wins over Leicester: 37 (35 League, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup)

Leicester wins over Forest: 39 (37 League, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup)

Draws: 24 (22 League, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup)

preview-whosischarge40-459836.jpg

Referee: Anthony Taylor

Assistants: Lee Swabey and Robert Jones

Fourth Official: Christopher Sarginson

Given the known injury absences, I'd play...

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Whitbread Schlupp

James

Drinkwater King

Nugent Knockaert

Waghorn

Subs: Logan, Moore, Marshall, Dyer, Lingard, Gallagher, Futacs

As the strikers are arguably Forest's main strength, we don't want the game to be too open, so I'd have James sitting deep in midfield as cover - and hopefully allowing us to dominate possession more, in a match that's likely to be fairly fast and physical. Otherwise, I'd be concerned about Drinky and King getting over-run and us conceding too many chances. Tough on Dyer, but it's a team game and he'd be able to come on to run at a tiring defence. Knocky seems to have faded a bit recently, but he strikes me as someone who could be a big match player...so hopefully he'd turn it on (and not get a red card, as he's likely to some day soon).

It sounds as if Waggy had a good game at Bolton, so hopefully his confidence will be boosted by that - not that we have many striking options.

Schlupp looked sound at left back before, so I'd gamble on him there, with the bonus of pace on the overlap (James covering), rather than risk greater disruption by bringing in Moore at RB and switching De Laet to cover for the Konch's absence. Some seem to have turned against Whitbread. While he does seem to make 1 howler per game, I think he's generally sound and will improve. Plus, I wouldn't want to risk young Keane in a fast, physical match when he's just had a muscle strain. Wouldn't throw Lingard in (except as a sub) for similar reasons.

Hard to predict this one, as both sides have blown hot and cold recently. Assuming we don't concede early, my head says 1-1 or 0-0, but I'll go 2-1 - King running onto a Knockaert cross + a late Gallagher free-kick for us, Cox screamer for them.

Given the known injury absences, I'd play...

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Whitbread Schlupp

James

Drinkwater King

Nugent Knockaert

Waghorn

Subs: Logan, Moore, Marshall, Dyer, Lingard, Gallagher, Futacs

As the strikers are arguably Forest's main strength, we don't want the game to be too open, so I'd have James sitting deep in midfield as cover - and hopefully allowing us to dominate possession more, in a match that's likely to be fairly fast and physical. Otherwise, I'd be concerned about Drinky and King getting over-run and us conceding too many chances. Tough on Dyer, but it's a team game and he'd be able to come on to run at a tiring defence. Knocky seems to have faded a bit recently, but he strikes me as someone who could be a big match player...so hopefully he'd turn it on (and not get a red card, as he's likely to some day soon).

It sounds as if Waggy had a good game at Bolton, so hopefully his confidence will be boosted by that - not that we have many striking options.

Schlupp looked sound at left back before, so I'd gamble on him there, with the bonus of pace on the overlap (James covering), rather than risk greater disruption by bringing in Moore at RB and switching De Laet to cover for the Konch's absence. Some seem to have turned against Whitbread. While he does seem to make 1 howler per game, I think he's generally sound and will improve. Plus, I wouldn't want to risk young Keane in a fast, physical match when he's just had a muscle strain. Wouldn't throw Lingard in (except as a sub) for similar reasons.

Hard to predict this one, as both sides have blown hot and cold recently. Assuming we don't concede early, my head says 1-1 or 0-0, but I'll go 2-1 - King running onto a Knockaert cross + a late Gallagher free-kick for us, Cox screamer for them.

Liked the idea of this type of formation - but having not been at the Bolton game but at the Watford game - where we looked clueless playing a 4-3-3 and were completely overrun.

So think we should go with the same team vs bolton replacing keane with Whitbread - and playing Schlupp left back - gives us two solid defensive options off the bench - keane & moore - 4-4-2'ish

Waghorn must score soon!

Says on Forest's site, Cox, Reid and Harding face late fitness checks. As much as i dislike him, Andy Reid makes Forest tick. Simple as. Guedioura is another. We should of gone in for him. Can hit a ball so so well. Reckon we'll win though. Before Palace we had won all our league home matches. And look at Palace now, top of the league. Says alot. I expect a win. Hate Forest. Buzzing

Tomorrow's a bit of a nightmare.

My 15 year old nipper (also a City fan) has got a Hampshire Cup semi-final near Basingstoke at noon after the which my wife has organised going out with our 20 year old who is at Reading Uni.

We've then got to get back on the island in time for a friend's 50th birthday party in the evening which will leave no time to watch the recorded match.

Some fecker is bound to tell me the score before I get a chance to watch it :(

Having said that, come on you blues and Newport St. Georges Youth Under 16 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Tomorrow's a bit of a nightmare.

My 15 year old nipper (also a City fan) has got a Hampshire Cup semi-final near Basingstoke at noon after the which my wife has organised going out with our 20 year old who is at Reading Uni.

We've then got to get back on the island in time for a friend's 50th birthday party in the evening which will leave no time to watch the recorded match.

Some fecker is bound to tell me the score before I get a chance to watch it :(

Having said that, come on you blues and Newport St. Georges Youth Under 16 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

You need to get your priorities right :P

We'll get beat here I think, don't have much confidence after the last three showings and they've tried to buy the league with a lot more conviction than we did.

Haha no they've not! Our signings under Sven were far more ambitious than Forest's. Sharp and Cox are good signings but what else have they signed? Lansbury hasn't done a lot and they've got Jenas on loan who is excellent if he recaptures his form but we signed the likes of Fernandes, Mills, Konchesky, Nugent, Beckford and Johnson. It doesn't always work, hence why we've had our problems but I don't see how Forest's signings are anymore flamboyant.

Haha no they've not! Our signings under Sven were far more ambitious than Forest's. Sharp and Cox are good signings but what else have they signed? Lansbury hasn't done a lot and they've got Jenas on loan who is excellent if he recaptures his form but we signed the likes of Fernandes, Mills, Konchesky, Nugent, Beckford and Johnson. It doesn't always work, hence why we've had our problems but I don't see how Forest's signings are anymore flamboyant.

Not as flamboyant, but I think they will work out so much better long term than those under Sven. They went for solid rather than spectacular.

Jenas is probably their only signing I wouldn't agree with. Awful player these days.

I'm driving up from Cornwall for the game and going straight back after. Also, i'm bringing a Forest fan with me so i we lose (which I fear may be the case) the 5 hours back will be bloody awful.

We're in L1 so hope the atmosphere will be decent. Be really embarrasing if its as quiet as the Palace game and they make a good noise.

Leicester's Wes Morgan best in division - Nigel Pearson

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson says there is no better Championship defender than Foxes captain Wes Morgan.

Morgan, who joined from Saturday's opponents Nottingham Forest in January, has been a key figure as City have climbed into the promotion places.

Pearson told BBC Radio Leicester, "He is one of the players we are building a team around.

"He's as good a defender as there is at this level and has been since he's been here - never mind just this season."

Morgan has played in every league match so far this term and Pearson said his skipper'simpact has been huge.

"He came in at a very difficult period last season and played very well in what was a very average team. He is very popular with the players and his contribution is valued at every level," Pearson added.

"One of the dangers is now we are building him up to put added pressure on to what will be a big day for him. But knowing him as I do - and the character and type of person he is - he will just want to perform in the quiet and efficient manner as he always does.

"That is what I want from him as the captain of the team."

Archived