Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LutterworthLCFC

Flags, Banner, etc...

I don't know if this has been mentioned in the past, but i have noticed in the past few weeks that clubs have banners up in the stands.

I know that the 'Fosse Boys' had a banner, but it could be an idea to have banners spread across the back of the stands around the stadium.

some of them could have 'when your smiling' & 'pride of the midlands'

just an idea!

post-16325-0-41619200-1355175967_thumb.j

post-16325-0-65884600-1355175974_thumb.p

post-16325-0-04101100-1355175989_thumb.p

The more banners the better in my opinion. Flags (i.e to wave) are OK too but only as long as they are not waved for too long during the match. I've had more than enough experience to know that trying to see past them is fvcking annoying.

I think that Palace have the right idea with their utras. Flags when they score and pregame. Think is that the kop would have to be nearer the pitch rather than up the top to give it the full effect.

Thing is who is going to stump up the cash for it? Also I agree with Bruno & Clarridge, THAT 83528813495897195.jpg picture of Walsh vs Derby also that header from Howard to send us up.

Bare in mind I am the most retarded person ever when it comes to Photoshop I quickly did this for Claridge, it's unbelievably sh*t I know...

claridge.png

That's a decent effort, and that is along the right idea. If we were allowed to do this/had room to do it, people could make and bring different banners, think it would look good. Trouble is, we haven't got a second tier like Manchester City, for example. I like looking at the Kop at Anfield though, they still lead the way in terms of banners and flags.

Love that picture. Should be modelled into a statue down at Freemen's Wharf. Would show Stoke that WE had them first and Gordon was OUR World Cup winner.

Agreed.

We really ought to make much more of the fact that we produced the two greatest keepers in English football history.

Love that picture. Should be modelled into a statue down at Freemen's Wharf. Would show Stoke that WE had them first and Gordon was OUR World Cup winner.

Iv'e got a mate who's a cov fan (yeah, i know) and he played some part in the jimmy hill statue at the dump. I'll call him and see what the process was and how much etc.

The club always describe us as the lifeblood of the club, so if we want something , we should fight for it

yes?.

So now we know that fire safety certificates aren't an issue as they come with every banner, there really isn't an excuse! And looking around the forum it seems after Saturday every thread is about atmosphere ! Lets do this and at least get a couple of banners and make this the start of something ! .. How much are these things anyway ?

So now we know that fire safety certificates aren't an issue as they come with every banner, there really isn't an excuse! And looking around the forum it seems after Saturday every thread is about atmosphere ! Lets do this and at least get a couple of banners and make this the start of something ! .. How much are these things anyway ?

just ask for one when you order it and they will supply one with the banner,

Price wise massively depends on how big you want it, will warn you there're not cheap. For Example you want a PVC one 3m x 1m is £72.00 ish. but i guess a few chip in wouldn't be too bad.

being in the printing industry, you wouldn't have a problem getting fire safety certificates we have to send them to most places these days with peoples orders anyway. I will draw some up if people give me some ideas if you like.

Reply number 14 in this thread would be a good start. :thumbup:

Iv'e got a mate who's a cov fan (yeah, i know) and he played some part in the jimmy hill statue at the dump. I'll call him and see what the process was and how much etc.

The club always describe us as the lifeblood of the club, so if we want something , we should fight for it

yes?.

Could be expensive ?? I can't think of a more iconic image for LCFC than our World Cup winner passing his knowledge and advice on to the next generation who happens to be a Leicester lad. Would love to see that outside the stadium. Just says so many things about where we've come from.

Archived