Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Cardiff City - Confetti Choreography

We should post the ideas to all non-official LCFC facebook and twitter groups as they have large audiences.

Has anyone done this? I would but I try to avoid Facebook these days.

I'm not convinced either way that the club would or wouldn't like this idea. I'm of the view that they monitor message boards anyway, so if they see this and want to jump on board then fair enough.

As regards spreading the word, does anyone know how much it would cost to have 100/200 flyers printed with short instructions on them? They could be stuck on seats before KO.

I figure that way it kills two birds with one stone. Informs people and provides something to rip up and throw.

This isn't a complicated idea, by any stretch of the imagination. To be honest, I'm fairly bemused by the suggestion that it is.

Has anyone done this? I would but I try to avoid Facebook these days.

As regards spreading the word, does anyone know how much it would cost to have 100/200 flyers printed with short instructions on them? They could be stuck on seats before KO.

I have never been on any social networking site so can't help there but regarding flyers, 200 won't go far and someone has to put them on seats, will they blow away?

If someone has a decent printer, a pack of cheap paper then they could print 500, 1000 black ink pages quiet quickly.

Nothing special just stating the main facts, then hand them out to fans walking to the ground rather than trying to get them on seats inside the ground.

As you say, that sheet of paper is then said confetti. So who has a quick printer?

I don't mind getting to the ground earlier and helping hand them out, maybe get a kitty for the paper and ink?

This is about as simple as it could get but you get the idea.

8b0712adecb4c342895c14b32931a721.jpg

I have never been on any social networking site so can't help there but regarding flyers, 200 won't go far and someone has to put them on seats, will they blow away?

If someone has a decent printer, a pack of cheap paper then they could print 500, 1000 black ink pages quiet quickly.

Nothing special just stating the main facts, then hand them out to fans walking to the ground rather than trying to get them on seats inside the ground.

As you say, that sheet of paper is then said confetti. So who has a quick printer?

I don't mind getting to the ground earlier and helping hand them out, maybe get a kitty for the paper and ink?

This is about as simple as it could get but you get the idea.

8b0712adecb4c342895c14b32931a721.jpg

That is very good but good luck find someone who is willing to print them out

That is very good but good luck find someone who is willing to print them out

Who said anything about it being one person?

All you need is a laser printer and access to a branch of Tesco to buy cheap copier paper.

It all started on their Bluemoon forum with the word out that red and black was the colour of the day to remember Neil Young, at the time the club weren't involved and all they Did was give every ticket holder a red and black scarf but by that time they had all planned to make it a see of red and black and do that Poznan on 24 minutes. He was very ill and couldn't attend the game.

If I'm right I am sure they had to make a donation to get a scarf, fiver maybe.

It just so happened Tevez scored before the planned Poznan as well.

They hadn't worn red and black as an away strip for a few years , but the next season they had one.

You could argue their forum has more traffic, they have more support that is why it grew and got the help from the club but everything has to start somewhere.

You've missed the point.

Many years ago I took the Mrs down Filbert Street for her first game. It was last game of the season against Newcastle (Yes that one for those that remember). We stood in Pen 1 about two thirds of the way up. She opted for a pre match hot chocolate. When she finished she enquired "Where shall I put the cup " She was disgusted by my reply that she should just drop it on the floor. " some poor sod will have to tidy up after the game" she said. I explained that in 5 mins she will see why the cup would be the least of their worries.

City came out and you could hardly see the pitch for a minute or so as so much paper was chucked in the air.

She laughed.

Always loved the torn up paper, my kids loved it at Wembley for the play-offs, Balloons,paper confetti, inflatables as well for a couple of seasons. God we knew how to have a good time !!!!

The club have tucked plenty of leaflets on the back of my seat in the past, so no issues with them blowing away, but yes, handing them out would probably be more efficient.

I reckon I could print a few at work on the sly. As regards a kitty, we've got no chance. It's hard enough convincing people to do something positive for the atmosphere for free, let alone having to pay for it! :P

Good effort on the flyer... I was thinking something along the lines of:

'There's only one CITY.

Leicester Fosse became CITY in 1919.

At 19 mins 19 seconds of today's game, 

rip this up,

let it snow confetti

and cheer...

CITY, THERE'S ONLY ONE CITY

Merry Christmas!'

If anyone has any fancy editing skills to make it look impressive then that would be great, otherwise could be a WordArt job!

Maybe you're right with the kitty then, mine was only an example but I thought the simpler you kept it as in font, colour.

The easier it would be to print as in the end it will be ripped up and thrown in the air.

But yours does explain why 19,19 is being used.

The kids in the family stand will love it.

At the Man City cup game last season a few of us took lots of bags of confetti and balloons and just handed them out up and down SK1, looked awesome. It was on some highlights but I can't find any that aren't just the goals.

Start of the match? There's a short glimpse here - doesn't really do it justice though...

I tried the bog-roll thing in the game with Man City and it didn't unravel. Full roll of paper hit some poor bloke on the back of his head lol

lol You have to unravel a bit first over your wrist and down your arm, hold the roll under the unraveled paper and back spin it off!

Have a practice in your back garden and try to fly one over the houses.

Archived