Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Cardiff City - Confetti Choreography

From observation, the atmosphere tends to turn a little flat around 20 minutes should the scoreline remain 0-0. If the aim is to improve the atmosphere throughout the 90 minutes, surely this is the perfect way to maintain the buzz that usually occurs at the start of each match?

You are relying on having people clock watch, to get it to happen once if hard enough. To get it continually when a game is in flow would be nigh on impossible.

We used to do it when the team walked out, it worked because that was the sign for people to go nuts.

I used to love the ticker tape at Filbo, looks really good on tv. Problem with doing it during the game is if it's windy, it could blow straight across the pitch, putting the players off. How stupid are we all going to feel if it costs us a goal and 3 points? Not to mention the confusion it'll create with people who aren't aware of the reason for the timing, players and officials included. Far better to confine it to kick off I think. I wouldn't like to be the guy who has to go round picking up every bit off the pitch though, especially if it's wet. Soggy Daily Mail, yeuck, need the hazard suits out for that. Generally though, i'm in favour of it and would love it to make a comeback

I think babylon is right here, to avoid confusion maybe it should be done as the players walk out. No one can get it wrong then.

Crystal Palace fans and their balloons looked good at the start, if this was done and in all the stands it would be great.

My thoughts on this is that we should go ahead as first planned. If some people get confused and do it at kick-off then fine, it will still look good. But those who are aware of the plan should not waiver.

I don't expect this to be pulled off perfectly, but if people simply gave up on a plan because of something that might happen, then nothing would ever get done.

In the long-run, it would be great if this would become a tradition as the teams walk out. However, we have made a concerted effort to publicise 19:19 so far and I will make sure this works in SK1 by explaining when handing out flyers and starting the countdown at 19:09. Others need to do the same in their area because as SamL has said, doing this during the game could give the atmosphere a boost.

I don't see the issue with trying something different. If it works, then fantastic. If it doesn't work perfectly then we should still feel proud that we have created some colour at any point in proceedings.

My thoughts on this is that we should go ahead as first planned. If some people get confused and do it at kick-off then fine, it will still look good. But those who are aware of the plan should not waiver.

I don't expect this to be pulled off perfectly, but if people simply gave up on a plan because of something that might happen, then nothing would ever get done.

In the long-run, it would be great if this would become a tradition as the teams walk out. However, we have made a concerted effort to publicise 19:19 so far and I will make sure this works in SK1 by explaining when handing out flyers and starting the countdown at 19:09. Others need to do the same in their area because as SamL has said, doing this during the game could give the atmosphere a boost.

I don't see the issue with trying something different. If it works, then fantastic. If it doesn't work perfectly then we should still feel proud that we have created some colour at any point in proceedings.

Would you want to go on air and explain it mate?

Either way, stringer will be giving it a plug.

If, at 19:19, we all throw our paper in the air and the wind catches it, blowing a blizzard of paper past Kasper, who is then put off and lets a shot slip by him into the net, don't say you weren't warned. Let's hope it works the other way but then we'll be accused of cheating

As a few have said across a number of the other atmosphere threads (almost worth a sub-forum now, mods?), there's literally no point in blaming the club, saying 'we should do this' and 'we should do that' if you are not going to make an effort to put it into practice.

So, here's my effort:

- People all round the ground, but particularly those in L1, N, and SK1-4 need to find some time between now and the Cardiff game to tear up papers, old programmes etc to make a couple of sandwich bags worth of confetti. I guess do as much as you can safely take in, but ensure that you are not searched because you look like Santa.

- On the day, distribute the confetti between you and your mates/people who sit or stand nearby. Let them and the people around you know the plan about when to release it (as detailed below).

- Do not release at kick-off.

- As our club reformed and changed it's name from Fosse in 1919 to incorporate Leicester's new found City status, I propose that at 19:19 during the game, the confetti is let go. We then break into a 'There's only one CITY' chant all around the ground.

- There may be a couple of organisational issues - i.e I'm aware that the scoreboard does not always show the game time. To ensure that this doesn't happen, we need a few people to time the game from kick off. With 10 seconds to go, we start the countdown.

So, who's in?

lol lol What planet are you from? :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

I agree we should go with the 19:19 event as we've already started to advertise it. I suspect also it may not be perfect but who cares and it will create discussion amongst those whoare not aware.

We have to give it a chance, and hopefully we can learn and get better with future displays.

I used to love the ticker tape at Filbo, looks really good on tv. Problem with doing it during the game is if it's windy, it could blow straight across the pitch, putting the players off. How stupid are we all going to feel if it costs us a goal and 3 points?

I'd feel stupider if I discovered a club I've spent so many hours travelling for and spent so much money on resorted to appalling excuses, in truth.

Would you want to go on air and explain it mate?

Either way, stringer will be giving it a plug.

Sorry mate - completely missed this. I wouldn't mind but I have to say I'm not likely to leave work anytime before 8pm this week so I have no idea when I could go on? If anyone else wants to chip in and publicise on the moan-in tomorrow, then please feel free!

Maybe jobber could signal the time with the drum

I think this is a really good idea! If he beats the drum for the last 10 seconds then it would really help with co-ordination. Does anyone have him on Facebook or something to let him know?

Archived