Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Midfield Rotation

Thought these appearance stats of central midfielder's might be of interest :

Cardiff

Gunnarson 21

Cowie 16

Kim 13

Mutch 10

Leicester

Drinkwater 23

King 21

James 10

I think this backs up the point that many are making that King and rink need a break in central mid, whether it is giving players we have at the club the occasional game or buying someone new.

I really don't see what support Lindgard adds to the bench, far to lightweight much rather see Wellens there. Cen-mid is such a demanding role therefore needs occasional rotation.

Cardiff

Gunnarson 21

Cowie 16

Kim 13

Mutch 10

Leicester

Drinkwater 23

King 21

James 10

I think this backs up the point that many are making that King and rink need a break in central mid, whether it is giving players we have at the club the occasional game or buying someone new.

I really don't see what support Lindgard adds to the bench, far to lightweight much rather see Wellens there. Cen-mid is such a demanding role therefore needs occasional rotation.

I personally feel that we'll see a Drinkwater // James partnership against Cardiff. We do need another option, however.

Ooooh!

Are some people finally starting to think the centre midfield may need a little reinforcing?

Sorry, couldn't resist....

lol

They have finally cracked to myself and your demands.

And people say I talk shit, not rocket science to see the midfield needs improving.

And people say I talk shit, not rocket science to see the midfield needs improving.

You do occasionally make sensible points which others will be inclined to agree with. It would be very nice, however, if you could stop following them up with a passive aggressive round of patting yourself on the back for them - surely you're past the age where you need us to tell you you're special?

Cardiff

Gunnarson 21

Cowie 16

Kim 13

Mutch 10

Leicester

Drinkwater 23

King 21

James 10

I don't think it particularly backs up the point at all? Has Cardiff's midfield rotation been instrumental in their winning games? The only difference I can see between us and Cardiff is that they regularly take the chances they create - our profligacy is what's costing us. Of course we're going to have bad days at the office like against Millwall, but in games like the one against Barnsley where we create a hatful of chances and fail to stick them away... those are the games that will cost us.

Ooooh!

Are some people finally starting to think the centre midfield may need a little reinforcing?

Sorry, couldn't resist....

lol

Actually I think you and your bum chum said we had no chance without a DM a the start of the season and we'd get nowhere with our midfield... we are 5th, 5 points off automatic without one, so I wouldn't get to high on your horse just yet.

You do occasionally make sensible points which others will be inclined to agree with. It would be very nice, however, if you could stop following them up with a passive aggressive round of patting yourself on the back for them - surely you're past the age where you need us to tell you you're special?

But people say I talk shit, when I make sensible points as you say, so I get pretty annoyed.

Sensible posts, mixed with a bit of banter now and then, is more than fine.

Or they've given it a fair amount of time rather than rubbishing players after only a few games (Or in your case before they've played a single game) and have now come to a conclusion all by themselves, that we would perhaps benefit from an extra option in midfield.

Actually I think you and your bum chum said we had no chance without a DM a the start of the season and we'd get nowhere with our midfield... we are 5th, 5 points off automatic without one, so I wouldn't get to high on your horse just yet.

But evidence shows Babylon, that we struggle in that area at times.

We only have three central midfielders, all of which are similar players. Like the poster mentioned with Cardiff having those four central midfielders, you can also add Kiss and Lappin to that list. Palace have Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Garvan, Williams, Moritz plus Darcy Blake can play in midfield, Middlesbrough have great options in my opinion possibly the best set of central midfielders in the league with Leadbitter, Thomson, McEachran, Haroun plus Zemmama and Rhys Williams can play in that role. Even though I think Hull are similar to us, they have more central midfielders than us, McKenna, Koren, Evans, Cairney, Olofinjana and Meyler.

And people said our central midfield options last season were ridiculous, because we had too many. Take a look at those teams, they are getting success with about 5-6 central midfielders on their books.

Or they've given it a fair amount of time rather than rubbishing players after only a few games (Or in your case before they've played a single game) and have now come to a conclusion all by themselves, that we would perhaps benefit from an extra option in midfield.

Maybe yes, but I knew we would struggle against physical sides at the beginning of the season. I am not gonna say I told you so, because that would make me look like i'm full of myself.

I just knew we would struggle in certain games, and I knew Drinkwater and King wouldn't be good enough in those games.

It happens season after season, but we never seem to rectify that problem, after the weekend people have seen the light that we may actually have to add to our midfield.

No need to be rude mate is there?

:thumbup:

Who knows, we might be even better off by now with more depth to the squad...

Maybe yes, but I knew we would struggle against physical sides at the beginning of the season. I am not gonna say I told you so, because that would make me look like i'm full of myself.

Like you knew Waghorn was never going to come good and 'shouldn't start another game for Leicester'. Like you knew Drinkwater was shit before we signed him?

You're right, I don't know why I didn't listen to you sooner.

Has Waghorn really come good though? debatable.

He's done enough to suggest that kingfox was wrong to say he shouldn't play for us again. In fact he's been one of our best players in practically every match since.

He's done enough to suggest that kingfox was wrong to say he shouldn't play for us again. In fact he's been one of our best players in practically every match since.

I agree with you Mark that Waggy is gettin better.

I'm not sure if he's clinical enough in front of goal but the signs are he's improving.

Like you knew Waghorn was never going to come good and 'shouldn't start another game for Leicester'. Like you knew Drinkwater was shit before we signed him?

You're right, I don't know why I didn't listen to you sooner.

I have always liked Waghorn, but when he is off form like he was and kept getting chances many fans including myself were highly annoyed, and thought he wasn't good enough for this club anymore. On this occasion I have got things right, but I have admitted before that I've got some things wrong also, i'm not gonna hide away if I got something wrong, I will come out and say that I was wrong like I have done, so you should be happy.

Drinkwater had some horrible loan spells before Barnsley, he was shit, and when we signed him and he played I thought he was very inconsistent. This season he has been our most improved player in my opinion, but I still don't rate him highly, as proven he still puts in some horrible performances, and he is still pretty inconsistent especially in recent months. He is a good player, but he is pretty overrated.

I agree with you Mark that Waggy is gettin better.

I'm not sure if he's clinical enough in front of goal but the signs are he's improving.

I'm starting to come round to the suggestion we need a midfielder. But I still don't think we need two prolific strikers. As I said when we were considering signing Heskey, if the strike partner contributes enough it's fine to only have the one goalscoring stiker, like Nugent. We've goals all over the pitch, we're on course to score a lot more than last season and a lot of people were suggesting our attacking options were good enough last year. Waghorn is at the moment contributing enough if you ask me, and always has under this manager.

Archived