Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Best/Worst Away trip of the year?

Best: Derby away last season (1-0). Some good pre-match drinking, quick and easy to get to, our fans were fantastic that night and we won!

Worst: Millwall last season. Just when we looked like we might have an outside chance of making a late push we went and (as with this season) lost through being out-fought and out-battled. I can take being beaten by a better team but going to that dive and losing because they want it more, and not even creating anything of note, is unacceptable.

The best was Norwich, I think the fans that went made a lot more effort because of the ticket bulls up before hand. We were up for it before the game started and those goals were great.

I remember after the final whistle the Norwich fans in the stand behind the goal coming over to take photos and videos, we obviously made a lot of noise!

Worst of the year, too many bad ones really due to losing Brighton (bloody cold as well), Watford, Reading, Millwall, Charlton, Wolves, but Peterborough last season wasn't good so I'll pick that one.

we did my friends who I went on the train with were Norwich STH and said we were the loudest for years.

Best Norwich

Worst Peterborough,adding the fact I got a lift with a Peterborough fan and had to stay the night ,with his kids giving me shit.( care putting punctuation in the right place or I could end up on a register)

Really?! Thought it was ok for a 0-0 but suppose people often assume that 0-0 draws must be boring. We certainly had plenty of chances, they had a fair few too and the only thing that made that a 0-0 draw was Bogdan having a blinder.

Nothing stands out for me at all except the lad trying to start the mexican wave at the front of the stand lol certainly had better aways this year than that. I've only been to 6/7 aways this year which may be why I rate it so lowly. The only one that comes close to Bolton is Watford.

Best is Norwich by far and away. Southampton away was a cracking night too with the free scarves, pies and beer. Hearing the Southampton fans booing Nugent before he curled in that beauty was one of the highlights of the season for me!

Worst is probably Reading. Not only was the performance crap but the stewards were absolute nazi's. Plus we never sing there anyway.

Both the Millwall and Watford games were rubbish. Bristol City watching us work so hard to equalise and then throw that hard work away by conceding a poor goal for them to win it. There were a few other defeats which weren't quite as bad but not exactly great days out.

I'd love to see us win away more often!

Norwich away. Proper support that day! Think the fans got the players through that game. The 12th man so to speak...

Plus got a cracking picture of me and washy at half time.

Top day.

Bristol city , lost . Awful performance , long que back to motorway then roadworks ,pretty much all the way home.

Horrible night !!!

And still went reading on the sat ....

Sometimes wish I was a pap

lol

Best this year was probably West Ham away for me, cracking game.

That was last year :P

Bristol city , lost . Awful performance , long que back to motorway then roadworks ,pretty much all the way home.

Horrible night !!!

Are you referring to the roadworks on the M4? I had to deal with a load of roadworks there and had to drive home through all sorts of random villages. Took over 3 hours when it should've been about an hour and a half. Plus I had work at 06:00 the next day! :(

Best was Norwich by far. Derby second as was a decent atmosphere with good win.

Worst is both Milwalls they were piss poor. Watford slightly better.

Only saw 4 wins in 2012 away, Norwich, Derby, Palace and Sheff Wed. Went to loads of aways this year as well.

The best was Norwich, I think the fans that went made a lot more effort because of the ticket bulls up before hand. We were up for it before the game started and those goals were great.

I remember after the final whistle the Norwich fans in the stand behind the goal coming over to take photos and videos, we obviously made a lot of noise!

Worst of the year, too many bad ones really due to losing Brighton (bloody cold as well), Watford, Reading, Millwall, Charlton, Wolves, but Peterborough last season wasn't good so I'll pick that one.

i remember that too. clapping us as well

I can't think of an away I've not found enjoyable for a while.

Any awayday is what you make of it. Maybe if people weren't so reliant on others (either off or on the pitch) to make their day enjoyable they'd have a better time...

So true. I think I can take a highlight from every away game I've done the last year or so. Definitely not come back feeling as though I've wasted a day. In answer to the question, winning away at your local rivals is always special so the win over Derby wins it for me. Plus it was the 1st away game with Leicester with my old man so that makes it more memorable. Hopefully 2013 throws up some more cracking away days!

we did my friends who I went on the train with were Norwich STH and said we were the loudest for years.

Best Norwich

Worst Peterborough,adding the fact I got a lift with a Peterborough fan and had to stay the night ,with his kids giving me shit.( care putting punctuation in the right place or I could end up on a register)

does anyone have any norwich videos

It was different gear mate. Them old boys on the train back lol

Loved their Atletico stories while casually getting involved in mountain of alcohol lol

'do you ever sing a song' at me in the pub after? lol

Absolutely steaming mate.

what was the name of that pub which everyone went for the Norwich game?

i had £3 on leicester to win 2-1 that day. :thumbup:

Complete Angler or something like that. That's the one I was in. Rammed with Leicester, right by the station.

Archived