Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Pearson In Hunt For New Striker

Why all the negativity towards Waghorn??, from what I can see he has improved tenfold over the last few months, hitting the bar or the post (unluckily) about four games in a row, putting in a real shift every time, at times frustrating admittedly, but at times technically excellent and if the bicycle kick against Derby had gone in it would have been one of the best goals we had scored in years. I still expect further improvement from him and think he is definately worth keeping around, not to mention his scoring record for the u-21's...

Why all the negativity towards Waghorn??, from what I can see he has improved tenfold over the last few months, hitting the bar or the post (unluckily) about four games in a row, putting in a real shift every time, at times frustrating admittedly, but at times technically excellent and if the bicycle kick against Derby had gone in it would have been one of the best goals we had scored in years. I still expect further improvement from him and think he is definately worth keeping around, not to mention his scoring record for the u-21's...

I think this is important.

I've stated that Waggy looks a much improved player and long may it continue.

However, hitting the woodwork so often IS concerning. A more cool finisher would have taken those chances, or a greater proportion of them. And we'd be nearly top.

I wouldn't bother with Austin. Has he even scored yet under Dyche? He's not even the leagues highest scorer anymore. You'd be paying £5mil+, that's the last thing the club needs.

If Chris Wood is going for a million, get him in. He ticks every box of what we lack going forward.

Last weekend? And against Barnsley, Leeds, Wolves. He's still got 19 goals in 21 games...

Not advocating signing him, Burnley wouldn't sell anyway - but belittling him on the case of not even being the leagues highest scorer is rather foolish.

Are we still having a debate about Waghorn?, he isn't prolific enough he even has admitted that himself,that is why NP is going to bring in another striker to offset the pressure on Nugent to deliver the goods all the time it is quite simple really.

Yes of course. When it gets brought up by another poster. I'm not going to not post just because of your views on the player Mark.

:thumbup:

I'm aware of that, but I thought you'd already been made aware of the fact that the majority of those chances that hit the woodwork were incredibly difficult chances. The only one that was even close to being a nailed on 'He should have scored' chance was the one against Wolves, and that was before his return to form.

I'm aware of that, but I thought you'd already been made aware of the fact that the majority of those chances that hit the woodwork were incredibly difficult chances. The only one that was even close to being a nailed on 'He should have scored' chance was the one against Wolves, and that was before his return to form.

No!

You've made your mind up, I haven't?

Stop trying to control everything..

Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to re-open the Waghorn debate, I just noticed a few posts where it siad "sell Waghorn" and I really think his improvement is justification enough to want to hang on to him...

No way would I sell Waghorn mate.

However, a more natural finisher is needed IMO.

Again.. Who's 'slating' him? What is it with you and Waghorn? It verges on the bizarre? Are you related?

I'm really not allowed to enter this debate, about a player who plays for the club I support, without being accused of being a relative or lover am I. Maybe if you had a decent argument to come back with you wouldn't have to resort to that Col.

I'm really not allowed to enter this debate, about a player who plays for the club I support, without being accused of being a relative or lover am I. Maybe if you had a decent argument to come back with you wouldn't have to resort to that Col.

If you consider the previous few posts I've made constitute 'slating' the player then thats the 'bizarre' bit.

I just don't get it? Its an opinion, not 'slating'?

If you consider the previous few posts I've made constitute 'slating' the player then thats the 'bizarre' bit.

I just don't get it? Its an opinion, not 'slating'?

Perhaps that wasn't the best word to use, but your evidence for criticising him is shoddy at best if you're going to turn to the woodwork argument, because the majority of those times they haven't exactly been easy oppertunities. The majority have been free-kicks, long shots and oppertunities at odd angles. I've not even come in here and said you shouldn't criticise him (although apparently I'm trying to 'control everything'), I've just questioned whether or not you should be basing it on what you are. But you know you're clearly not able to distinguish between me posting something fairly reasonable about Waghorn or me posting something overly pro-Waghorn (which I do on occasion, it's no secret that he's my favourite player), I just don't see why you can't present a reasoned argument in response to that instead of making laughable accusations and putting me on ignore in the hopes that you won't have to respond. I really don't think I've posted anything that unreasonable. Anyway I'll leave at that, we don't need another four or five pages of this.

Wag horn should be on more than he is. That's a fact. Sometimes or maybe a lot of the time people seem to be clouded by his endeavour. He's missed some absolute sitters this season, in form or not - these are chances you'd expect any striker to put away. Birmingham away, blazed miles over (open goal) from 4 yards out, Wolves away couldn't hit the target when clean through.... That's just two, off the top of my head.

Don't get me wrong, he's had his fair share of bad luck and the past few games prior to Barnsley he had been fantastic for us.

Certainly an asset to the squad, but needs to get a few more goals.

I think the argument against Waghorn (and Vardy for that matter) is that it could cost us dearly this season if we continue to rely on strikers who give their all, help the team defend, chase defenders down, but don't score their chances.

I don't think we should sell either player but until one of them is scoring a goal every three games then we shouldn't be relying upon them.

We need a regular scorer and Waghorn and Vardy will have to fight it out for a place on the bench until we can rely on them to score, given the chance.

The point I was making is that if his improvement continues he will become an excellent asset to the squad, he is still only very young, I just don't think selling him to fund a transfer in of someone is a good idea, I do however agree that Gallagher and Danns have probably run their course at the club under Pearson...

Again.. Who's 'slating' him? What is it with you and Waghorn? It verges on the bizarre? Are you related?

For someone who constantly moans at others about looking what people are saying, not jumping down their throats etc, you don't half like to whitewash what people are saying and belittle them by putting them into little groups don't you.

For someone who constantly moans at others about looking what people are saying, not jumping down their throats etc, you don't half like to whitewash what people are saying and belittle them by putting them into little groups don't you.

Read the thread! It was Mark who accused me of 'slating' a player (thus compartmentalising myself immediately)......

I rate Waghorn.. Don't mean I think we don't need another 'natural' striker does it? As many have suggested I believe? Including yourself?

:thumbup:

Archived