Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Pearson In Hunt For New Striker

I can't see us getting Austin, all tho Brighton are rumoured to be putting in a 4 mill bid for him, but I can't see Burnley selling there inform player in jan unless it's for stupid money.

Wood has got four clubs intrested. Millwall where he's at and knows the players, Forest, Brighton and us.

Would be a good signing as long as we don't turn hoof ball.

Kenwyne Jones, used to be a quality player but don't he alot about him these days. Know he scored the weekend after a lengthy spell out injured at which he's had a few recently.

Can't see it happening and think he will go abroad.

Would like to see someone like Machenda from Man U who's not getting a look in on loan or a cheeky bid for Lambert.

Problem is with Jan is that it's a sellers market. To get a halfway decent striker we're going to have to shell some. Woodn't (get it? ;) mind getting Wood in, at a million he seems like a decent buy. Him or Jones would offer the second option that we're so desperately in need of.

I wouldn't bother with Austin. Has he even scored yet under Dyche? He's not even the leagues highest scorer anymore. You'd be paying £5mil+, that's the last thing the club needs.

If Chris Wood is going for a million, get him in. He ticks every box of what we lack going forward.

I still say it's worth a cheeky bid for Sharp & Lambert. Neither are going to get a look in at Southampton and if Forest go for Wood it'll be to play alongside Cox when he's fit again, leaving Sharp on the bench. Both are the kind of striker we need and either of them may well jump at the chance of a move

I know it was in the daft days, but if we can pay £5 million for mills, surely we could offer the same for Austin?.

I do however think he's premiership bound.

Players I can remember we've paid £5m for:

Mills

Akinbiyi

It's begun a trend of paying too much for players who never deliver.

I'd rather pay £1m for Chris Wood than an extortionate £5m for Charlie Austin.

Ever heard of financial fair play?

Maybe Foxblogger will let us know the details but I distinctly remember him saying something about being able to offset a large one off transfer fee like that but generally FFP is going to control who we actually go for. It would of course help if we can offload Beckford & Danns, maybe Gallagher as well

I still say it's worth a cheeky bid for Sharp & Lambert. Neither are going to get a look in at Southampton and if Forest go for Wood it'll be to play alongside Cox when he's fit again, leaving Sharp on the bench. Both are the kind of striker we need and either of them may well jump at the chance of a move

Lamberts not getting a look in? He's their top scorer by a mile? Astounding. Prat

Did you say Lamberts not gettin a look in at Southampton?

:o

I think he's started most games for them?

Lamberts not getting a look in? He's their top scorer by a mile? Astounding. Prat

He's also getting old, they're trying to survive and you can bet your life they'll be in for strikers in January. I think he's going to find himself on the bench. Did I say aren't getting a look in or aren't going to get a look in?

Archived