Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Futacs the new Cantona?

if you look in the leicester mercury 14/07/2012 you will see when we bought him due to league rule 56.5 , section six , any player under 24 that is offered a new contract by their club but turns it down to leave the club , the new club will have to pay a fee . our fee , like explained in yesterdays locked thread ( why lock it , it was the truth), the arrangement between clubs was that the fee will be paid after his FIRST FULL APPEARANCE for the club . now look at the leicester mercury and learn you doubters !!

I thought he got offered a deal by Portsmouth at reduced terms so could leave on a free. He was out of contract and free to do what he wanted.

He bombed forward, turned his man, lofted it on to the bar and turned with a look.... well a look I only can describe As Cantona.

If Wood thinks he's got a place guaranteed, 500k starting fee or not, Marko, YOU ARE THE BOy

Just dashed over to the iPlayer to watch this only to be distraught upon realising he had his back to the camera, meaning you can't see the look.

There was a definite Cantona swagger though.

As for the run, the turn, and the shot, jaw dropping lol.

He bombed forward, turned his man, lofted it on to the bar and turned with a look.... well a look I only can describe As Cantona.

If Wood thinks he's got a place guaranteed, 500k starting fee or not, Marko, YOU ARE THE BOy

lol the post lives up to the title thread ;)

As has been said before, he was a player signed on Shakeys say so and not known too well to NP.

NP doesn't rate him so thats about that.

Personally, I'd happily have given him a shout the last game. Not seen a great deal of him, but he's always come across as useful.

There is no way we paid £500,000 for him. If this had gone to tribunal then they'd have got no more than £200,000. He'd been at the club only a year and had signed on a free. The cost paid is to do with training costs incurred for the time spent at the club and international recognition. As I say, it'd not be £500,000 so we wouldn't have offered that in a deal such as this.

Archived