Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Yago Falque

Don't know much about him other than what wiki says. But to be capped from U17 to U21's for Spain, he must be decent. Apparently made his debut on loan at Southampton against us last season - got subbed at half time and never played again!

So no Powell on loan or Trotter signing if true?

The Man U midfielder is probably a no go then?

Some reports that Powell was in the stands at Peterborough at the weekend. Add in, Peterborough fighting to stay up. Fergusons son probably fighting for his job by the end of the season. Past history of Darren Ferguson getting loanees from Dad at Preston....

We do need another central midfielder or two, seeing as Danns and Wellens imo are surplus to requirements.

The Bristol Forums are saying that Danns has returned to LCFC. This surprised me as I was sure his loan had a short while to run.

In Spurs match reports I've seen Falque regularly referred to as a winger.

Our next league match is against Bristol City and he can't play in that, he's not eligible for the FA Cup for them either so that's why he's come back.

Thanks Ric. Should have spotted that. They do seem to like him and they think they're going to get a decent wedge for Adomah so perhaps they'll make an offer. Can't see them paying the wages though!

However...Back to Falque.

This from the Spurs official website match report U21 v Southampton...

U21S 4-0 SAINTS - LADS LETHAL AT THE LANE

Posted 12 November 2012 9:10pm

Yago Falque led the way as our Under-21s maintained their excellent run in the Barclays U21 Premier League with a show of clinical finishing against Southampton at White Hart Lane on Monday night.

The winger provided a sublime finish worthy of Dean Parrett's 70-yard break for the opening goal before hitting a left-foot screamer into the top corner that flew in off the inside of the post on the stroke of half-time.

In-between, Jon Obika glanced home Tom Carroll's cross as the lads took a 3-0 lead into the break.......

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/u21s-saints-report-12112012.page?

Actually I was getting him mixed up with another player.

Only made one appearance for Southampton, and that was against us and was replaced at half-time.

Ummmm.

Tottenham fans raved about him after they played Norwich and after a couple of Europa league games, they wanted him to start more often. Don't like the fact that we'd be unlikely to keep him after the loan

Archived