Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hugo Sanchez

Barclay Out

A little of topic i know. But a bit of an insight into the mind of lcfc stewards.

The group of lads i go with had season tickets in sk1 at filbert st. Call it safety in no.s but with a whole section standing we never had any problems.

We choose to remain in sk1 when moving to the walkers. Choosing the back 2 rows. Wanting to stand bit not block any views. First couple of seasons again no real problems a few requests to keep the isle clear. Fair enough.

Then as attendances start to drop off and we lose the regulars in front of us. Boom at half time as 2 off us going down for a wee/drink whatever it was. Wisked off by 4 stewards kicked out. Seasos taken and a 3 game ban.

Now bare in mind there was no request to sit during that game. No request to sit during other games and we have no one behind us to complain we are blocking views.

It turns out they had the cctv trained on us for the previous 3 games. What a joke. We had been standing from day 1 so they could have done it at anytime but they are just little hitlers who are scared of crowds but ok when a group splits.

The 2 guys removed eventually had the bans reduced but as they both are members of the englands fans plus and follow england away. It nearly cost them their memberships.

Can't believe what i just read.

I'm really struggling with this.

Unfortunately it's the rule now that we have to sit at football matches, that's the way it is. People choosing to stand are running the risk of being ejected because its against the rules. If you choose to break the rules then you run the risk.

It's the same theory with someone throwing something in the family stand. Come on!!! Someone throwing something where my kids could be hit? Hard or not! What gives anyone the right to throw anything in the family stand and expect to stay in the ground????

It seems to me that this is being used as a excuse to have a go at Barclay, who clearly is a cock!

I'm really struggling with this.

Unfortunately it's the rule now that we have to sit at football matches, that's the way it is. People choosing to stand are running the risk of being ejected because its against the rules. If you choose to break the rules then you run the risk.

It's the same theory with someone throwing something in the family stand. Come on!!! Someone throwing something where my kids could be hit? Hard or not! What gives anyone the right to throw anything in the family stand and expect to stay in the ground????

It seems to me that this is being used as a excuse to have a go at Barclay, who clearly is a cock!

Totally accept that side of it. Throwing a makeshift streamer in a clumsy but well intended effort to generate some buzz about the place as was the norm back in the 90's then a stern telling off and possibly ejection then fair enough from a certain perspective (not mine).

Dragged off to the police station and held in cells at the cost to the local taxpayer, given a blot on his record and a three game ban, fvcking ludicrous, all because of Barclay. Cvnt? You be the judge....

I wouldn't even have a problem with sitting down if it was actually possible to fit in between the rows of seats, but it is not. In a 100 years time people will look back at these conditions and wonder how we could be treated like such animals

You can't be serious?

My point is it doesn't matter what it is as anything can hurt anybody if it hits them funny. Yes very unlikely that a bag could, but if your stupid enough to throw anything at random during a match you should be kicked out. There's no excuse that is valid; throwing something at other supporters is just wrong regardless of whether it is a piece of paper or a coin and whether it is aimed at someone or not makes absolutely no difference.

I think if the way Barclay runs the safety procedures and stewards are going OTT then by all means protest and work to do what is necessary to have him replaced, but to go after him because some supporter thought it was acceptable to go throwing things around the stadium then is pissed off because they got caught is the wrong way to9 go about things and IMO an argument the club will not and has no reason to listen to.

My point is it doesn't matter what it is as anything can hurt anybody if it hits them funny. Yes very unlikely that a bag could, but if your stupid enough to throw anything at random during a match you should be kicked out. There's no excuse that us valid; throwing something at other supporters is just wrong regardless of whether it is a piece of paper or a coin.

If you went, you must have bricked it when all that paper came raining down at the start.

If you went, you must have bricked it when all that paper came raining down at the start.

IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHAT WAS THROWN. Why can't people see that? You are not allowed to thrown things at random inside the stadium just like you wouldn't be anywhere else. Paper, coins, lighters it makes no difference. If your stupid and you break the rules you should pay the consequences. If you don't like the consequences, DON'T DO IT !!!

IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHAT WAS THROWN. Why can't people see that? You are not allowed to thrown things at random inside the stadium just like you wouldn't be anywhere else. Paper, coins, lighters it makes no difference. If your stupid and you break the rules you should pay the consequences. If you don't like the consequences, DON'T DO IT !!!

Shit. That's the top half of P2 cautioned then...

I've already said he knew he was liable to be thrown out. What is unacceptable is getting the police involved and leaving someone with a caution for something completely, and I do mean completely, we're talking about something light enough to float in the air here... harmless. I expect sensical stewarding.

Warned, possibly thrown out? Yes

Arrested, criminal record? No

If something was thrown that would injure someone then that again I think would be acceptable to be cautioned like the Man City fans chucking coins, unfortunately we all know that some stewards and police are not going to treat everyone fairly and sometimes if you get caught throwing something harmless you might be treated like you have thrown something harmful. Only solution is everyone throw harmless items they can't throw you all out

First bit you've got a case, second bit is bollocks. The consequences should match the misdemeanour. Thanks to the like of Barclay this is not the case when people get carried away in the heat of a moment, this is about another ridiculous overreaction.

Tbf let me Throw a bag at your head n then let me throw a glass bottle at your head and then u tell me the difference. if going on what u say, throwing confetti shouldn't be allowed then either.

Is this something that was known though by the steward? Sure both are different, but did the steward see what was thrown, or did he just see something was thrown? Obviously if the steward knew then yeah common sense should have been used and even begin kicked out MIGHT have been an overreaction (without seeing what was thrown let's be honest we can't really give a full blown conclusion as to what should have and what did happen). But if he didn't see what was thrown, then I would imagine the stewards have strict orders to kick people out and get the police involved which is probably fair enough IF it looked dangerous.

First bit you've got a case, second bit is bollocks. The consequences should match the misdemeanour. Thanks to the like of Barclay this is not the case when people get carried away in the heat of a moment, this is about another ridiculous overreaction.

To be fair, I didn't realize that a police caution came out of it, it was hard to find exactly what happened reading through the thread so yeah fair enough there. Is that a police decision though once it has been handed over to them, or is it the club's to press charges?

To be fair, I didn't realize that a police caution came out of it, it was hard to find exactly what happened reading through the thread so yeah fair enough there. Is that a police decision though once it has been handed over to them, or is it the club's to press charges?

Police only act under the club's direction (unless a genuine emergency was to occur, I guess).

From the lad who was arrested it was the clubs decision. It's all been done in a very underhand way, it stinks.

I cannot be bothered at this time of night to read through twelve pages about the biggest twat that has ever worked at our beloved football club.

I can however give those who don't know him a little idea how this guy works.

Two seasons ago my son and i were given three match bans for persistant standing,which was the biggest load of boll**ks that i have ever heard in all my life.

We had stood for no longer than two minutes halfway through the first half to sing,no more no less. I went to empty my bladder which was very full on my 40th birthday and was promptly ejected when i got down the stairs.

My son who was thirteen at the time was then ejected and assaulted by the response team that does the ejecting.

The following week i tried many times to speak to Kevin Barcley but was told that he was not available so i went to Lee Hoos who sent me a very sarcastic letter explaining why i had been ejected. when i chellenged the club about there version of events and asked to see the cctv footage of the incident it turned out that the footage had been lost.

As for my sons assault, the footage of that was also lost and even though there were many witnesses and a lot did come forward there was no case to answer because of the lack of evidence.

The only stewards to get into trouble were the ones who witnessed what happened to my son and myself and they were sacked because they backed up our version of events.

When i went to collect our season tickets it was he who came down into the reception and gave me our tickets and i was told in no uncertain terms that he had no time for me or my son or anybody else who in his opinon broke the ground rules. His language was rather colourfull but he was also very quiet with it,just loud enough for me to hear.

I have since spoken to one of the stewards that was sacked and he has confirmed what most of us already know,that this guy is a total clown and has no interest in the real fans.

I have edited this from the original version as some of you may know but the original was more of a rant,a true version of events yes but maybe i could of and should of kept the finer details to myself as you had to see it and hear it for it to be believed.

I cannot be bothered at this time of night to read through twelve pages about the biggest twat that has ever worked at our beloved football club.

I can however give those who don't know him a little idea how this guy works.

Two seasons ago my son and i were given three match bans for persistant standing,which was the biggest load of boll**ks that i have ever heard in all my life.

We had stood for no longer than two minutes halfway through the first half to sing,no more no less. I went to empty my bladder which was very full on my 40th birthday and was promptly ejected when i got down the stairs.

My son who was thirteen at the time was then ejected and assaulted by the response team that does the ejecting.

The following week i tried many times to speak to Kevin Barcley but was told that he was not available so i went to Lee Hoos who sent me a very sarcastic letter explaining why i had been ejected. when i chellenged the club about there version of events and asked to see the cctv footage of the incident it turned out that the footage had been lost.

As for my sons assault, the footage of that was also lost and even though there were many witnesses and a lot did come forward there was no case to answer because of the lack of evidence.

The only stewards to get into trouble were the ones who witnessed what happened to my son and myself and they were sacked because they backed up our version of events.

When i collected our season tickets from the club a few weeks later i was given mine by Kevin Barcley in the main reception and he told me that if i did not like the way i was treated then i should f**k off and not come back. He said that he could not give a toss about our fans and he would always win because as he put it he was untouchable. I then had the pleasure of telling him what i thought of him but he just laughed in my face and told me to f**k off and never come back.

The bloke is a nasty piece of work and will do anything to get his way and to cover his tracks.

If this demo is the start of a sustained campaign against this man then i am in but it will be a long battle because he will dig his heels in and do anything to get rid of the real football fans that are the back bone of our club.

I'm sorry no offence but I the second bit hard to believe, firstly why would head steward be giving out season tickets and secondly why would you not, A lamp the twat or B report it straight away?

Guest MattP

The guy is a grade A cnut. No idea about Saturday but I'd support anything that brought the guy to his knees by any means necessary.

Archived