Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hugo Sanchez

Barclay Out

Think we need to get the right people on board for this to work. We need a good spokeperson and be a peaceful protest. Anyone care to assist on this ?

we say it will be a peaceful protest but tempers are bound to flare if someone doesn't like what they are being told.

what to get rid of Barclay?

For what exactly?

Doing his job???

I doubt the FCC representative would blurt out 'OMG!11 WE WANNIM SACKED NOW!!1'

What they could do is raise concerns about the heavy-handed nature in which fans are treated for minor offences and the lack of common sense applied in such situations, hopefully leading to a moderation in the way in which the stewarding team do things.

The reality is that Barclay isn't going to be sacked. He's highly experienced, well thought of in the corridors of the club and so far as the club is concerned a model employee. They'll be far less interested in the fans' low opinion of him than these factors, unless of course these concerns are raised in a mature and adult way using the correct channels.

Furthermore FCC meetings are minuted, as you know, and it would be interesting to see the responses of the LCFC hierarchy to these valid concerns made publicly.

This isn't about did Barclay kick weasel out. That was the last straw of events since we're moved into filbert way. Every fooking time someone trys to get a atmosphere going. Either get chucked out or banned. People have gone to the club N block, fosse boys etc. Barclay doesn't want a atmosphere. He's killing our support with his overzealous stewarding. We need to change it.

we say it will be a peaceful protest but tempers are bound to flare if someone doesn't like what they are being told.

This is what i've been saying. The intention will be for it to be peaceful but because of the content of the process, the second a steward opens their mouth, it'll start to turn. Believe me, a protest is not worthwhile. The only way for this to be addressed is away from matchday, in a room with a conversation. Anything else will just result in more, 'us vs them' mentality which wont get anywhere.

I doubt the FCC representative would blurt out 'OMG!11 WE WANNIM SACKED NOW!!1'

What they could do is raise concerns about the heavy-handed nature in which fans are treated for minor offences and the lack of common sense applied in such situations, hopefully leading to a moderation in the way in which the stewarding team do things.

The reality is that Barclay isn't going to be sacked. He's highly experienced, well thought of in the corridors of the club and so far as the club is concerned a model employee. They'll be far less interested in the fans' low opinion of him than these factors, unless of course these concerns are raised in a mature and adult way using the correct channels.

Furthermore FCC meetings are minuted, as you know, and it would be interesting to see the responses of the LCFC hierarchy to these valid concerns made publicly.

fair point... But then the club can always turn round and say we have been very lenient in the way the club let supporters stand in L1 without too much hassle...THAT can stop for a change if you think we are too heavy handed.They will also want evidence as to how many people have allegedly been thrown out for minor mis deamenours and why the Rep thinks stewards have been "heavy handed'

fair point... But then the club can always turn round and say we have been very lenient in the way the club let supporters stand in L1 without too much hassle...THAT can stop for a change if you think we are too heavy handed.They will also want evidence as to how many people have allegedly been thrown out for minor mis deamenours and why the Rep thinks stewards have been "heavy handed'

Anybody applying from here would, I'm sure, be very quickly supplied with such evidence.

As I say, we have to be smart about this and go through the proper channels if we're to achieve anything.

Maybe we should get a response from the club first.

My suspicion is it would contain many meaningless phrases about health and safety and would not be an entry into a discussion in any way.

A petition could be a good start. We would have to agree on a statement but the amount of people who signed would give us an indication of support.

I get the feeling that the issue is bigger than this Weasel bloke. It is about the club suppressing well meaning attempts to create an atmosphere in the ground and 'Weasel Gate' is the last straw for some people?

Anybody applying from here would, I'm sure, be very quickly supplied with such evidence.

As I say, we have to be smart about this and go through the proper channels if we're to achieve anything.

Good Luck...im sure we've had this before many years ago though..

Maybe we should get a response from the club first.

My suspicion is it would contain many meaningless phrases about health and safety and would not be an entry into a discussion in any way.

A petition could be a good start. We would have to agree on a statement but the amount of people who signed would give us an indication of support.

I get the feeling that the issue is bigger than this Weasel bloke. It is about the club suppressing well meaning attempts to create an atmosphere in the ground and 'Weasel Gate' is the last straw for some people?

Pretty much.

I do think that attempts to counter this suppression have been naive in the past though.

It seems now with the new FCC expansion that the club are more willing to listen, and we'd be daft not to take advantage of this in my opinion.

I can see why the stewards wouldn't be happy with someone throwing an object towards the pitch. That said, it is ludicrous for it to end up a matter for the police. I don't really see why a protest is necessary.

Does anyone enjoy home games now ? I go because its like being a addict but even now i'm losing the love for the club. I used to be plymouth tuesday night?! We're gotta go. Or crappy league cup games at home i would always turn up but last year or so i really don't have the same passion for it.

We need to make this either east midlands or national news. Mercury aswell.

Good luck with that! Not sure national news will be too keen about a bloke being arrested for throwing things at a football match. I'm sure it happens every week!

Anyone thought about how this could affect our team ON the pitch. If anyone worries so much about this they should go through the right channels at the club, not boycott the games that will affect our players?

Some right fvcking thicko's on here, if I went into any other establishment and started chucking stuff around then I'd expect to be dealt with.

Same attitude with "supporters" at games, give it big licks to the away fans during the game then as soon as they get outside and come up against someone bigger and harder they'll run to the police..

Good luck with any sort of protest you may get about 20 people interested. Most of us worry about what happens on the pitch

Anyone thought about how this could affect our team ON the pitch. If anyone worries so much about this they should go through the right channels at the club, not boycott the games that will affect our players?

Some right fvcking thicko's on here, if I went into any other establishment and started chucking stuff around then I'd expect to be dealt with.

Same attitude with "supporters" at games, give it big licks to the away fans during the game then as soon as they get outside and come up against someone bigger and harder they'll run to the police..

Good luck with any sort of protest you may get about 20 people interested. Most of us worry about what happens on the pitch

Would you be issued a police caution for throwing a single, light item?

No I wouldn't as I have no authority to caution anyone as I'm not a police officer. Granted it did no harm, but what if it smacked a disabled person or someone who had recently suffered some kind of brain trauma and were in recovery?

No I wouldn't as I have no authority to caution anyone as I'm not a police officer. Granted it did no harm, but what if it smacked a disabled person or someone who had recently suffered some kind of brain trauma and were in recovery?

oh yeah....definitely. or even a little kid with leukemia that then died!

Either you are getting on a bit and consider anything other than slavish compliance to authority a corporal offence, like it was in your day, or you are too young to have enjoyed a pulsing Kop, hordes travelling away or the light hearted, irreverent behaviour of past football matches.

Either way, I pity you.

It is also worth noticing that the two people to question other's intelligence on this thread both seem to have no regard for other's points of view, the emotional aspect of supporting LCFC and the disgust at an apparently heavy handed response to an incident which in no way was malicious.

So while there must be some comfort in judging everything in black and white terms, in so far as you don't have to think too hard to do this, I bet it feels a little like you are missing something important in life?

What if it causes a tsunami in Asia and hundreds of thousands die?

Nice reading comprehension, and the same person might as well be hit by a Tesco bag in the wind for all the damage it'd do. I have no issue with weasel being hauled off by the stewards, he threw something and knew the risks, my issue is with the club insisting on being overly punitive rather than giving him a talking to and letting him be on his merry way.

No the whole subject of this thread was to do with Barclay out protests, the police gave him a caution not Barclay himself.

This is the whole problem, people get on their high horse so quick about it but don't think things through logically. Logic is the sign of intelligence and its lacking in here.

Boycotting matches on tv? Are people well? How will that help us get promoted? All over a sandwich bag? Jesus Wept

Archived