Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
absolutelegend

Breaking Bad

To everyone that wants something new and enjoys The Wire, Breaking Bad, Band of Brothers and other heavy, character driven shows I have two words.

Generation Kill.

From the makers of the Wire it's about First Recon at the beginning of the Iraq war. One of the best bits of TV of all time and comfortably the best modern war piece ever done.

Very faithful to life. Rudy Reyes even plays himself as a Marine sniper.

To everyone that wants something new and enjoys The Wire, Breaking Bad, Band of Brothers and other heavy, character driven shows I have two words.

Generation Kill.

From the makers of the Wire it's about First Recon at the beginning of the Iraq war. One of the best bits of TV of all time and comfortably the best modern war piece ever done.

Very faithful to life. Rudy Reyes even plays himself as a Marine sniper.

They only made 7 episodes?!

I enjoyed the Strikeback series so will give this ago as well if i can find it.

They only made 7 episodes?!

I enjoyed the Strikeback series so will give this ago as well if i can find it.

It's a mini series, completely self contained, based on a book. It only needed seven episodes.

Trust me, it's fantastic and if you like war films / drama then it's unmissable.

That it went by with almost no fanfare or acclaim while that God awful bomb disposal film got wanked over left, right and center is a travesty.

• 3 weeks later...

I got about 4 episodes into the first series and wasn't really grabbed. 'Give it another go' or 'if you don't like it after that it's not for you'?

Give it another go.

First series wasn't great, more like setting the table. (thought I loved it still)

Two was very good, Three was absolutely superb, Four somehow even better, Five I just can't wait for the end.

Finished season 4 last week. Want to wait until the whole of s5 is out before I start it but not sure if I can resist. Each series better than the one before. S4 was explosive

The first half of S5 is fairly self contained, like a mini series in itself. You could comfortably breeze through that and then enjoy the big cliff hanger for a couple of months before it concludes.

I did and I don't feel at a loss. It's worth the watch.

The first half of S5 is fairly self contained, like a mini series in itself. You could comfortably breeze through that and then enjoy the big cliff hanger for a couple of months before it concludes.

I did and I don't feel at a loss. It's worth the watch.

Yep, some absolutely fantastic moments in Series 5 as well, one scene brings me to tears.

Just because you shot Jesse James, don't make you Jesse James