Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurnbyLodgeFox

Big Screen Improvements

After going to watch Man City today, you feel that our screens are not as good as they could be! Like they have latest scores popping up through the game, pre match coverage including live cameras ad interviews. Just think that we could do with some more, erm, features like that to get the full use of them!

Thoughts?

After going to watch Man City today, you feel that our screens are not as good as they could be! Like they have latest scores popping up through the game, pre match coverage including live cameras ad interviews. Just think that we could do with some more, erm, features like that to get the full use of them!

Thoughts?

Save your cash stay at home and watch Sky Sports

OP I think there are one or two differences between our screens and the coverage and that at Eastlands.

Theirs were installed as far as I know it when they added the lower tier after the commonwealth games so have been up for getting on 10 years.

That means a lot more practice time for them to experiment with,also I think there's are a lot larger than the ones we have, maybe easier to write more text on who knows.

One feature they do that I like, when yellow cards are issued they highlight it around the players name, rather like Arsenal do with their huge screens.

Our replays need to be up quicker but we don't have the cameras prem sides do to show the numerous angled replays, Eastlands used to show about 2 different ones then a slow motion one. Haven't been up for a good few seasons so might have changed.

Overall ours have enough on them for what you need to look at them for, normally you're watching the green bit in front of you.

The main thing that grinds my gears about our big screens is the clock and score should stay on throughout the entire match, like it does on tv matches.

Especially in injury time when it's needed most!

At the moment they just take it off as soon as 45 and 90 mins are up, and I have to sync my watch and count the seconds by.

Surely in this day and age we can do better than that!?

The goal flashes at Filbert Street we great. Would be nice to have those back. I remember in my first season as a city fan, during a win over Middlesbrough I think, seeing 'Newcastle 7 Swindon 1' appear on the screen and being amazed that 'seven' could even happen. I dodn't kmow at the time that Newcastle had done the same to us the previous season.

Grey fox I don't think any clock or screen at a ground has stoppage time on them. Isn't it the minimum time and it is upto the refs descretion how much he plays as they could have an injury or goal within this time do that means adding more on.

Our old red clocks behind the blue frieze never showed stoppage time, bloke near me always moaned about it.

Don't know if it has been mentioned anywhere else, but i loved the montage of classic players and goals from Weller to Nugent before kick off last night. Always adds a touch off class i think.

That was class. Also was good to see them show the Knockaert shot that hit the bar and onto the line from the second angle.

How about having a screen outside of the ground, like at Villa Park.

What does that show then just per match build up and interviews or does it show the game when in play for passers by in Aston?

Man City have one in City square but I think that is more for the build up as they have all open air bars around there now, they did screen the FA cup there and charged fans to get in, someone I know went.

Archived