Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes1

Stop Slagging The Players Off

That isn't the argument though mate.

I understand what your saying but the issue is that at times some seem to want to find fault no matter the type of performance or result.

..and again there is obviously always room for improvement, but it's when those views are portrayed as fact, forced upon others or detrimental to our own team.

You're not wrong, you do get some happy clappers who accept EVERYTHING and won't dare criticise. But some fans genuinely seem to want to pick fault absolutely regardless, like that Tony on the radio last week who said he'd not have gone to Huddersfield if he'd heard the team (despite plenty of fans missing out on tickets) in the morning.

I understand where you two are coming from. I get frustrated with callers post match that say 'xxxxx sounded poor on the radio'. You can only criticise what you see, and obviously the media (in our terms, radio Leicester) do influence people. The people that pick a fault no matter what (especially when we've won) are annoying as well, but I've always said it is easier to pick the negatives than that positives.

Perhaps we shouldn't worry too much as its a message board and unless we press the keys really, really hard I doubt they can hear us.

That's true, but the sad thing is, many fans take the same attitude to the game, and that ruins my enjoyment.

It hardly entices me to go and watch us when we're doing this well and there are still people who get so angry at every little thing (a sure sign of negativity) that they feel the need to boo players onto the pitch.

Fans are so demanding and ungrateful these days, nothing is ever good enough. Maybe one of the reasons for that is the inflated prices it costs to watch football nowadays give fans more a sense of entitlement. But honestly, there's no excuses for how negative and immature a lot of our fans have been this season.

That's true, but the sad thing is, many fans take the same attitude to the game, and that ruins my enjoyment.

It hardly entices me to go and watch us when we're doing this well and there are still people who get so angry at every little thing (a sure sign of negativity) that they feel the need to boo players onto the pitch.

Fans are so demanding and ungrateful these days, nothing is ever good enough. Maybe one of the reasons for that is the inflated prices it costs to watch football nowadays give fans more a sense of entitlement. But honestly, there's no excuses for how negative and immature a lot of our fans have been this season.

There just the ying to someone else's yang. 'twas ever thus. You'll never be happy if you worry about what complete strangers think about grown men in shorts.

As someone who has been going down the City for years now why do we always have to have a scapegoat even when we are winning. Seen so called fans coming on here week after week slagging someone off if its not Gallagher its Wellens or Vardy or even De Laet now (After 1 not so good game last night). I think if we had a team of world beaters they would find someone to have a go at. Just hope that when Chris Wood has a goal drought, no one comes on here calling for him to be dropped, but whats the betting some twat will.

It's the way this past couple of years, since the money came in and people thought we'd bought the division there seems to have been a change in attitude among a sizeable vocal minority.

Now we've got a proper manger & management structure which took time to get rid of over 30 players, bring a few more in and get them all playing at the required level more often than not - People were moaning about Pearson throughout that time... not just the sort "tut, can't believe he did this or that" but calling for him to be sacked. They even concoct a story about what the owners will do, projecting their own agenda on to what they think someone else will do, with no evidence to support it.

Can guarantee people will be moaning about Pearson again & even calling for his head if we lost a couple of games.

Same goes for any player.

It's fair enough not to start sucking each other's cocks when things have gone bad for someone - but a lot of what's happened is too much.

Surely everything would be better if the criticism was constructive & 'fans' pulled in the same direction as the players & management - you never know, we might even enjoy the ride like we used to, even if we do fall short this time & have another go next season but from an even more stable platform.

There just the ying to someone else's yang. 'twas ever thus. You'll never be happy if you worry about what complete strangers think about grown men in shorts.

It's not really about what they think, it's the atmosphere it creates. I go down there hoping for a positive, inspiring one. No point being there if it's a miserable place.

I live in hope...

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

As someone who has been going down the City for years now why do we always have to have a scapegoat even when we are winning. Seen so called fans coming on here week after week slagging someone off if its not Gallagher its Wellens or Vardy or even De Laet now (After 1 not so good game last night). I think if we had a team of world beaters they would find someone to have a go at. Just hope that when Chris Wood has a goal drought, no one comes on here calling for him to be dropped, but whats the betting some twat will.

Could not agree more, every season there is a scapegoat but even at the game against Bristol city when we won 4-0 there a couple of guys near me constantly getting on the same 3 players back, but when your 4-0 up you just don't want to hear it, but it's always been like this who remembers " Andy from Long Eaton" always ringing the moan in to complain about M.O.N?

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

I hate the fact that if someone critisizes a player (which is fan, because fans pay the money), then we get all this "you are not a real fan" stuff. I've critisized players before, I've critisized the team and manager before, because as a fan, I think I have a right too.

Everyone has the right to criticize but I think in recent years the fans expectations have risen and in turn tend to get on the back of certain players during the game, the perfect example was Riccardo a few years a go the slating and booing that he took was nothing short of shameful, yes he was poor and he should not of been playing but no one can tell me that the fans getting on his back helped his performance and in turn helped the team and now we see it with Dyer, Wellens, gally, etc and lets not forget we are 2nd with the best defence! I don't rate Andy King and don't really like it when he plays but DURING the game I get behind him and support him 100%

Of course we can criticise the players. Indeed any aspect of the club. As paying customers we are entitled to value for money.

As in any walk of life... If you went to eat at an expensive restaurant only to find that the food served was of a poor standard, would you not make a complaint 'for fear of upsetting the chef'?

Of course you wouldn't...

Footballers at this level are paid big money. They are reified, worshipped, people see them as role-models.

With the benefits of being famous, come the disadvantages too. The players must also learn to take these on the chin.

Personally, in most part, I think they do and that people make far too much out of 'upsetting' a player by a post on a forum like this, or even a jeer towards them at a game.

The player I've criticised the most over recent times has been Jermaine Beckford. Personally, I feel I have every right to do this and will continue to do so until he returns to the club and does the job he's expected to do, or leaves.

Of course we can criticise the players. Indeed any aspect of the club. As paying customers we are entitled to value for money.

As in any walk of life... If you went to eat at an expensive restaurant only to find that the food served was of a poor standard, would you not make a complaint 'for fear of upsetting the chef'?

Of course you wouldn't...

Footballers at this level are paid big money. They are reified, worshipped, people see them as role-models.

With the benefits of being famous, come the disadvantages too. The players must also learn to take these on the chin.

Personally, in most part, I think they do and that people make far too much out of 'upsetting' a player by a post on a forum like this, or even a jeer towards them at a game.

The player I've criticised the most over recent times has been Jermaine Beckford. Personally, I feel I have every right to do this and will continue to do so until he returns to the club and does the job he's expected to do, or leaves.

I do get all this, and I understand people feel they have a right to express their opinions, but I think Kitchandro has it about spot on.

The criticism from some fans who have 'paid their money' is a bit like going to a nice restaurant and trying to enjoy your food while there's a couple of lairy tw@ts on the next table loudly complaining their steak's undercooked and the waitress is doing it wrong and although the chef has a Michelin star there's a kid in Manchester with two Michelin stars which is the minimum we should expect from our restaurant...

Aside from whatever impact it has on players, it does make it a less pleasant experience to watch us play...

I do get all this, and I understand people feel they have a right to express their opinions, but I think Kitchandro has it about spot on.

The criticism from some fans who have 'paid their money' is a bit like going to a nice restaurant and trying to enjoy your food while there's a couple of lairy tw@ts on the next table loudly complaining their steak's undercooked and the waitress is doing it wrong and although the chef has a Michelin star there's a kid in Manchester with two Michelin stars which is the minimum we should expect from our restaurant...

Aside from whatever impact it has on players, it does make it a less pleasant experience to watch us play...

Or by the same token trying to enjoy your meal while a couple of people recreate Meg Ryan's scene from "When Harry Met Sally".

Don't like people moaning? Then cheer louder. Don't like people cheering? Then moan louder.

At what point can we all simply 'accept' what we are watching?

At the moment it's not a problem... Most of us are happy with the 'product' so to speak.

But most would argue we aren't all allowed to 'boo' and I concur with this. I've made it clear I've never booed Beckford or any other player for that matter.

But when times are not good, most of us need to vent. It's human nature and a forum such as this gives us the opportunity to vent, to 'get it out of our system'.

If we can't boo at games, or shout at players (cos that's taboo) AND we can't express displeasure on a football forum, what is there we can do?

Simply accept that we aren't receiving value for money (at times when we obviously aren't) in silence?

I don't see why this should be?

The issue I have with people and always have, is the knee-jerk changing of attitude and opinion from one week to another. Winning one week 5-0 and being the best team on the planet, then losing the following week and being 'shite' don't make any sense. It's not thought out, it's too reactionary.

We are 'customers' of football. We support a big club with big paid players. The likes of Beckford and Danns are, allegedly, two of the biggest earners in the division and joined the club with big expectations. If we aren't being 'fulfilled' we have the right (and some may suggest even a duty) to complain.

Just do it rationally...

At the moment it's not a problem... Most of us are happy with the 'product' so to speak.

But most would argue we aren't all allowed to 'boo' and I concur with this. I've made it clear I've never booed Beckford or any other player for that matter.

But when times are not good, most of us need to vent. It's human nature and a forum such as this gives us the opportunity to vent, to 'get it out of our system'.

If we can't boo at games, or shout at players (cos that's taboo) AND we can't express displeasure on a football forum, what is there we can do?

Simply accept that we aren't receiving value for money (at times when we obviously aren't) in silence?

The issue I have with people and always have, is the knee-jerk changing of attitude and opinion from one week to another. Winning one week 5-0 and being the best team on the planet, then losing the following week and being 'shite' don't make any sense. It's not thought out, it's too reactionary.

We are 'customers' of football. We support a big club with big paid players. The likes of Beckford and Danns are, allegedly, two of the biggest earners in the division and joined the club with big expectations. If we aren't being 'fulfilled' we have the right (and some may suggest even a duty) to complain.

Just do it rationally...

yes, good point.

I swear the people who sit behind me would be happier if we were in the bottom 3. They moan about everything.

"You could see that coming" was their response to Wolves' equaliser, which was pretty much the first time they'd set foot in our half in the second period

Just do it rationally...

Yep. Just make sure you're prepared to cheer when times are good. The point of the OP is people who moan all the time, particularly when things are good. And for the record, all teams lose and all teams put in a bad shift every now and then. You can criticise, but booing the first defeat in 5 matches when you're second is not criticism, it's stupidity. Being a supporter rather than customer means you cheer when things aren't going well, you applaud a fighting defeat and you try to rouse rather than chastise a losing team.

You don't have to, you're just a dick if you don't...

De Laet can't defend. King goes missing. Gallagher is useless. Marshall is ineffective. Dyer is useless. James is worse than Danns. Vardy is crap. Waghorn is crap. Konchesky is past it. All comments I've seen on here or heard at games.

Pearson is a miracle worker to have us second in the table with all these players in the squad.

De Laet can't defend. King goes missing. Gallagher is useless. Marshall is ineffective. Dyer is useless. James is worse than Danns. Vardy is crap. Waghorn is crap. Konchesky is past it. All comments I've seen on here or heard at games.

Pearson is a miracle worker to have us second in the table with all these players in the squad.

Haha - fortunately they're not all those things at the same time.

The reality is that fans, just like people, are passionate about their team and how individuals are performing. They feel what they're watching and react to the consequences.

My wife and I are in business and are as critical of our own performance as anyone in City colours. Some days we close most every potential sale and enjoy an evening feeling reasonably satisfied with our efforts. Other days we lose sales and give a lot of thought to the reasons why - and how we might do better.

This :blush:

Haha - fortunately they're not all those things at the same time.

The reality is that fans, just like people, are passionate about their team and how individuals are performing. They feel what they're watching and react to the consequences.

This has been continuous Thrac, for a while. We've heard the arguments against King for years, Waghorn since he came back into the side, Marshall since around November, Konchesky had a poor start and people haven't forgotten, Vardy since his illness in October.

This has been continuous Thrac, for a while. We've heard the arguments against King for years, Waghorn since he came back into the side, Marshall since around November, Konchesky had a poor start and people haven't forgotten, Vardy since his illness in October.

Can't help but agree that some people seem to get it into their head to castigate the same individuals whatever they do and actually refuse to see any good in them. I'd include Dyer in your list too, yet he's been and still is, giving outstanding service to the club.

Perhaps as extraordinary is the fact that those mentioned are first team regulars - people who've contributed reasonable stints in putting us second in the table with an outstanding scoring record, home record, defensive record and all sorts of other things if I cared to look closer.

I've been critical on occasions too - justifiably I'd hope - but, mostly, I've been more than impressed not only with the results, but the entertainment value, the team spirit and especially the general level of individual performance. In fact one of the key reasons for our success so far has been having far fewer glaring weaknesses in our side.

Pearson's not the sort who signs busloads of players. He just goes for people he believes will improve what we already have. Wood is a good example but Knockert is another, DeLaet another and there are others I could mention.

Above all else the team seems to blend together and even players who are not doing particularly well on a particular day at least stick in their and do their stint. Konchesky's excellent in that way. Even when he does things wrong he never hides or quits. He gives everything he can and Dyer's the same.

Constructive criticiism is healthy because we always need to be setting higher standards for ourselves. But nothing should obscure the fact that our team performances this season have often been outstanding, our bad days pretty rare and all the people mentioned have played a considerable part in all that.

Moaners and fans slagging players off are the two things that really pxss me off about Leicester fans.

I was in the pub yesterday and some idiot who apparently has has a season ticket for 30 years was still adamant that Pearson should go.. I couldn't bite my lip so an hour long argument ensued which resulted in us both being asked to leave..what a moron

Archived