Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AnotherShitSeason

What exactly is up with Chris Wood then?

You have your right to an opinion, and I have the right to think that opinion is bloody stupid.

The TRUTH is we have already clawed back a 7 point gap on them over our last 6 games and that was without the need of games in hand. The only reason at this moment in time that they are 6 points ahead is because they played two games to our none. Maybe we would have lost them both, maybe we wouldn't, that's beside the point. They aren't ahead of us because we "bottled it" they are there because we didn't play.

Go back a couple of games before they played when we didn't the form table looked like this LWDLWL =7 points whilst ours was WWWWWL = 15 points. Which team was bottling it then?

Well I would put your opinion down as naive but not stupid that's the difference between us. The reason they are six points in front of us is because they actually won two more matches than us and should we lose tomorrow and they win that will make it 9 points to catch up. Games in hand are not points and the way we are playing at the moment does not fill me with confidence that we will now go on a three match winning spree with Cardiff and Blackburn to play. I hope I am wrong but that result against Peterborough was I think a turning point in our season, that point when you just think here we go again losing to the bottom side same old city.

Well I would put your opinion down as naive but not stupid that's the difference between us. The reason they are six points in front of us is because they actually won two more matches than us and should we lose tomorrow and they win that will make it 9 points to catch up. Games in hand are not points and they way we are playing at the moment does not fill me with confidence that we will now go on a three match winning spree with Cardiff and Blackburn to play.

But if we win tomorrow night, Hull lose and we win our 2 games in hand then we're 3 points clear and have a shit hot goal difference. We were never going to stay unbeaten for the rest of the season, we're not good enough. Not many teams at this level are to achieve such a feat. We've still only lost one game in the league and the 2 games we've had re-arranged could be a blessing in disguise. Firstly, Cardiff will be home and hosed by the time we play them and we've a better chance of getting something there and Blackburn are on a very good run themselves right now. Playing them in a couple of weeks with their cup run as a possible distraction is handier for us than facing them without our top striker. This is all conjecture but i'm astounded at the level of negativity from our fans in the past week or so. We're still well in with a chance of promotion, there'll be more up's and down's before this is sorted.

I seem to recall you've been the first to abuse us all season when we've played badly but once we're hammering teams like we did most of January, you're nowhere to be seen. Funny that.

But if we win tomorrow night, Hull lose and we win our 2 games in hand then we're 3 points clear and have a shit hot goal difference. We were never going to stay unbeaten for the rest of the season, we're not good enough. Not many teams at this level are to achieve such a feat. We've still only lost one game in the league and the 2 games we've had re-arranged could be a blessing in disguise. Firstly, Cardiff will be home and hosed by the time we play them and we've a better chance of getting something there and Blackburn are on a very good run themselves right now. Playing them in a couple of weeks with their cup run as a possible distraction is handier for us than facing them without our top striker. This is all conjecture but i'm astounded at the level of negativity from our fans in the past week or so. We're still well in with a chance of promotion, there'll be more up's and down's before this is sorted.

I seem to recall you've been the first to abuse us all season when we've played badly but once we're hammering teams like we did most of January, you're nowhere to be seen. Funny that.

That's a can't win situation Ric did you expect me to critise when we were winning ? If it were the other way round and we had got the points on the board and Hull were playing carch up we would be well chuffed and confident we could go on to secure the second spot , just as Hull is. Ifs, games in hand, and better goal difference do not equate to us actually taking over Hull.

And since when is having a realistic opinion turned into abuse ?

That's a can't win situation Ric did you expect me to critise when we were winning ? If it were the other way round and we had got the points on the board and Hull were playing carch up we would be well chuffed and confident we could go on to secure the second spot , just as Hull is. Ifs, games in hand, and better goal difference do not equate to us actually taking over Hull.

And since when is having a realistic opinion turned into abuse ?

Hull's goal difference is shit for a side in the top 2 for the time being and anyway I rather be second come the end of the season where it matters, they aren't going to stay second for too long anyway imo.

I just think there are a number of our fans who jump on the manager and players backs after every loss or poor performance. Perhaps you don't rate Pearson and our squad, I have my doubts about a few but right now I don't see where this outrage is coming from. The way this league works, it's the pits. No team wins more than 4 or 5 on the spin. We let ourselves down badly vs Peterborough and I hope it doesn't haunt us, however winning 5 league games on the spin to put us in the position we are in was brilliant and we now need another similar run. Hull have had a horrid patch and have now won a few, they're no better than us. Middlesborough look to have blown it and Palace seem erratic. Watford are a force but again they have weaknesses, Blackburn scare me somewhat but hopefully their upturn in form wis coming a bit too late and their cup run will take up more focus. We're handily placed. I wish we hadn't lost vs Peterborough but if it gives us another wake up call then that's a good thing. We got off lightly vs Wolves and we need to step it up again. Wood returning is a massive boost and I think we'll bring a loan or two in. I'm far more bullish about our chances than I have been for 10 seasons. This is our best chance, it's in our hands.

I was just wondering what FT would be like if we made the playoffs ?

Mental springs to mind

I actually wouldn't be that bothered. It'd be dissapointing but I'd still be happy with the season, people forget that just because we were 2nd for a bit there are 3 or 4 other good teams going for 2nd place, we could well miss out, if we do it's not the end of the world our team normally out plays the opposition and over a two leg format I'd fancy us against anyone assuming we don't have to many injuries/suspensions. On the day anything can happen in the final but if we got to the play off final at the end of the day it's hard to call the season a failure. Before we signed Wood we were actually in danger of dropping out the top six this is what some people forget.

Although you are right should we fail to go up automatically I predict Chaos on here. (Pearson out etc) lol

Regardless of what happens on Tuesday ? are you serious. So if we lose on Tuesday you don't think that would be a big set back if not the end of our 2nd spot ambitions. By the way there are not " loads" of games to play this is the run in, and if we do not match Hull points for points from now on it is they who will go up as runners up with us facing the playoff's now you get " real "

Why would it be the end? Why all the doom and gloom?

Oh... it's you.

Of course we can still make it. There's 16 more games and 48 more points to play for and every team (sauf Cardiff maybe) has shown blips here and there in the past 30+ games.

It might look terrible right now, but only a few weeks ago, we had exactly the same amount of points in hand and blew the lead.

Who says the others won't suffer from slipping in the weeks to come, as well?

that point when you just think here we go again losing to the bottom side same old city.

Like the brilliant Cardiff and Mighty Hull also did.

We might not win our games in hand, but it might not matter which is the whole point. Hull are as inconsistant as us (actually less consistant of late). As I keep saying, we already made a 7 point gap up on them prior to us not playing and that was with no games in hand.

To write off our chances on the back of one loss against Charlton is ridiculous, especially considering Hull are more than capable of only winning a couple of games out of 6 as per there form a couple of games ago.

I actually wouldn't be that bothered. It'd be dissapointing but I'd still be happy with the season, people forget that just because we were 2nd for a bit there are 3 or 4 other good teams going for 2nd place, we could well miss out, if we do it's not the end of the world our team normally out plays the opposition and over a two leg format I'd fancy us against anyone assuming we don't have to many injuries/suspensions. On the day anything can happen in the final but if we got to the play off final at the end of the day it's hard to call the season a failure. Before we signed Wood we were actually in danger of dropping out the top six this is what some people forget.

Although you are right should we fail to go up automatically I predict Chaos on here. (Pearson out etc) lol

When Watford lost to Brizzle & Hull lost to Brighton, did you say the same about them... for ffs we've only lost 1 game... one we always lose away at Posh... hell, they even beat Cardiff in Cardiff, the only team to do so, so far this year.

Hull have failed to win 5 times in their last 10 games, just the same as us.

Hull have won 5 times in their last 10 games, just the same as us (Palace won only 2 in 10)

In other words they have exactly the same form as us, (except they have +4GD over those 10 games and we have +9GD) yet somehow they're flying and we're falling?

How do the negative people spin Hull to being great & us to floundering, when the form is exactly the same, or slightly in our favour?

When Watford lost to Brizzle & Hull lost to Brighton, did you say the same about them... for ffs we've only lost 1 game... one we always lose away at Posh... hell, they even beat Cardiff in Cardiff, the only team to do so, so far this year.

Hull have failed to win 5 times in their last 10 games, just the same as us.

Hull have won 5 times in their last 10 games, just the same as us (Palace won only 2 in 10)

In other words they have exactly the same form as us, (except they have +4GD over those 10 games and we have +9GD) yet somehow they're flying and we're falling?

How do the negative people spin Hull to being great & us to floundering, when the form is exactly the same, or slightly in our favour?

Did you even read my post before quoting it?

All aboard the draw express. Not good enough though is it?

Remember kids games in hand are not like postal orders, they aren't substitutes for cash( or points in this case) they can't just be cashed in for points. The points still need to be earned.

See you all in a bit

So Pearson says Wood has a knock and hopefully he'll be fit for Charlton, and guess what? It was just a knock and he's fit for Charlton. Funny that. Where are all the conspiracy theorists now?

Saying he was never actually injured and they fell out. ;)

Archived