Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AnotherShitSeason

What exactly is up with Chris Wood then?

Nothing is impossible but should Hull win that will leave us 9 points off 2nd. That is also not even mentioning the teams in 3rd and 4th at the moment.

I will be as bold as to say that if we do not beat Charlton, our automatic aspirations are over!

Remind me Formidable how many points were Man City off United with how many games left last season? Oh and games in hand were not in their equation!

Remind me Formidable how many points were Man City off United with how many games left last season? Oh and games in hand were not in their equation!

Different situation BTS. We are not chasing down top spot with no-one on our heels. There are 3 maybe 4 teams that are chasing that 2nd spot. Hull have done a job by winning those 2 games and as such, they are in the driving seat.

Our league position is not what worries me, it's how we are playing.

We have only won 1 in the last 4, playing poor to average in all of those games.

If we take those performances into our 2 games in hand, we're looking at draws at best.

However I'm confident that before the end of the season we will rediscover our form and go on a winning run to see us 2nd.

We've won 5 of our last 6 league games.

Two of the last four games overall have seen us field players who normally wouldn't play, so it's a little distorted. Our first team are in a good form generally.

Different situation BTS. We are not chasing down top spot with no-one on our heels. There are 3 maybe 4 teams that are chasing that 2nd spot. Hull have done a job by winning those 2 games and as such, they are in the driving seat.

It'd be a set back but it wouldn't all be over would it. Lets stop going over the top.

In effect we are though, the way to go is target the team at the summit and noone else! The point I was making is there is still a long way to go with plenty of twists and turns I'm sure! All over if we don't get the result on Tuesday, I personally don't think so, time will tell.

Anyone on here writing off our chances should we lose on Tuesday is a complete and utter reactionary idiot. I'm sorry, but it's true.

If we lost and Hull won yes we would be 9 points behind, but with two games in hand still and 15 games to play. Do you remember that FIVE games ago be were 7 points behind Hull with no games in hand. FIVE GAMES AGO!!!!!!!

Why the flipping hell wouldn't it be possible to claw back 9 with three times that amount of games to go with two games in hand. From the last 6 games alone we have picked up 5 points more than Hull, 2 more than Watford and 7 more than Palace.

I don't know why so many people are so sodding eager to write off our chances. It's been happening since about 5 games into the season with people declaring games "must win" or proclaiming a loss to be "season ending".

IF WE LOOSE ON TUESDAY IT WILL BE DIFFICULT TO GET 2ND PLAC BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE, REMEMBER LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

IT NOT OVER TILL ITS OVER.

I don't mean to be funny, but how old are you? Early teens tops I'd say.

That said, I fully endorse your post. :thumbup: No need for the all caps and awful grammar though.

Anyone on here writing off our chances should we lose on Tuesday is a complete and utter reactionary idiot. I'm sorry, but it's true.

If we lost and Hull won yes we would be 9 points behind, but with two games in hand still and 15 games to play. Do you remember that FIVE games ago be were 7 points behind Hull with no games in hand. FIVE GAMES AGO!!!!!!!

Why the flipping hell wouldn't it be possible to claw back 9 with three times that amount of games to go with two games in hand. From the last 6 games alone we have picked up 5 points more than Hull, 2 more than Watford and 7 more than Palace.

I don't know why so many people are so sodding eager to write off our chances. It's been happening since about 5 games into the season with people declaring games "must win" or proclaiming a loss to be "season ending".

It is because people were getting carried away with "on the pitch at Forest" or "it'll be done by Watford", naturally when things don't seem so simple they go the other way.

Don't get carried away either way and you'll find where we are, playing catch up but with the time and resources to make up the ground.

Bloody Hell!

Chill man!!

lol

The team has played pretty well this season and is still young and learning.

The pressure will mount on all the sides in the top area ( except Cardiff now I think) as the sides @ the bottom will fight out results as the games run out and will continue to ruin everyone's betting coupons.

Its up to the players, managers and yes the fans to show some bottle.

Hello everyone btw :-)

How has this happened? I thought all the teams had a weekend off for the FA cup and suddenly we're 5th! I've every confidence we'll win our two games in hand, plus the game on Tuesday and be back in 2nd spot but it's still so frustrating looking at the league table right now!

How can it be reactionary if we haven't even lost it yet. It's just stupid.

How can it be reactionary if we haven't even lost it yet. It's just stupid.

Because they are giving their reaction to a potential loss. Their reaction to that loss would be automatic promotion is off the cards. Thereby reacting on the outcome of one game when there are 15 more to play. But yes, it's stupid.

Babs just because someone's opinion runs counter to your own does not give you the right to call them a utter reactionary idiot. I know you love your club as I do and it does not go down well when someone ( me ) points out the unpalatable truth that we are already playing catch up and should we lose on Tuesday or even draw Hull Will know we have bottled it.

If we lose on Tuesday yet still manage to take second spot I will by you the drink of your choice and eat the biggest piece of humble pie imaginable. :thumbup:

Flow I'm worried you're gonna blow a gasket fella :blush: With 16 games left that's over 1/3 left to play! Hardly run in time yet...... and breathe :thumbup:

Yeah point taken :thumbup: I think it comes from years of being let down as a city fan, just think of the worse scenario and you want get hurt. :D

Babs just because someone's opinion runs counter to your own does not give you the right to call them a utter reactionary idiot. I know you love your club as I do and it does not go down well when someone ( me ) points out the unpalatable truth that we are already playing catch up and should we lose on Tuesday or even draw Hull Will know we have bottled it.

If we lose on Tuesday yet still manage to take second spot I will by you the drink of your choice and eat the biggest piece of humble pie imaginable. :thumbup:

You have your right to an opinion, and I have the right to think that opinion is bloody stupid.

The TRUTH is we have already clawed back a 7 point gap on them over our last 6 games and that was without the need of games in hand. The only reason at this moment in time that they are 6 points ahead is because they played two games to our none. Maybe we would have lost them both, maybe we wouldn't, that's beside the point. They aren't ahead of us because we "bottled it" they are there because we didn't play.

Go back a couple of games before they played when we didn't the form table looked like this LWDLWL =7 points whilst ours was WWWWWL = 15 points. Which team was bottling it then?

Archived