Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

City player ratings v Posh

I'd be especially interested to know how Vardy and King performed. Did King justify his choice over James?

Why didn't James play - he was our star midfielder, until illness a couple of weeks ago ? I guess he still hasn't fully recovered ?

Kasper 5 (seems to be beaten quite often with long range shots)

RDL 5 (defensively vulnerable)

Morgan 6

Keane 5 distribution poor

Konchesky 5 see comments for RDL

Knockaert 6 - posed more of a threat than any of the other midfielders going forward

DD - 7 solid performance, with little help from those around him

King - 5 not a player for this kind of physical tussle. not a threat going forward either

Marshall - 5 would have been 4 had he not scored. very poor first half. can't tackle

Nugent 6

Vardy 5 - struggling at this level

Waghorn 3

Dyer 4

We were terrible.

Actually thought King did pretty well. Made some decent defensive headers but offered little going forward.

King, Schmeichel, Morgan 6

Drinkwater and Nugent 4

Everyone else 5

RDL was fecking woeful in every aspect and only deserves a 2 at best - didn't look like he wanted to know - must be replaced by Moore on Tuesday

Vardy did what he,s done all season - ran round like a headless chicken but no end result - then surprise surprise Waggy came on and did the same - again a 2 would be generous

Everyone else a 5

I can understand why king was picked! If your part of a winning team when someone else is out injured. Don't change it! because that's when players get settled and expect to stroll back into the team. I didn't agree with selecting Vardy though! At the end of the day these things happen and i do think Nigel after today know's that was vardy's last chance. But you can't blame him for backing his own signings. He does install the right mentality into his players, but 1 out of 5 is always not going to be quite good enough for one reason or another!

Schmeichel- 6 (No chance with either goal, made some saves, looked to use the ball better)

De Laet- 5 (Mixed bag)

Morgan- 6 (Dominant)

Keane- 5 (Struggled today)

Konchesky- 4 (Caught out too often)

Knockaert- 5 (Tried to do too much)

King- 6 (Decent effort)

Drinkwater- 5 (Not his best game)

Marshall- 5 (Good finish, but little else went for him)

Vardy- 4 (Hardly in the game, missed a great chance)

Nugent- 5 (Needs Wood next to him)

Subs-

Waghorn- 3 (Harder to miss than score)

Dyer- 4 (One run for Waghorn's miss, other than that little offered)

Cant be bothered to rate them all. Mostly 5s. A 6 for Morgan and Knocky. 7 for DD (was shit first half but turned it out for our good period in the second half. Seems when he plays well, we play well...). Then a woeful 4 for waggy and De Laet

Schmeichel 6 Kicking was better. A few fine saves. Can't be blamed for the goals.

De Laet 4 Absolutely bloody awful.

Morgan 6 A few vital blocks, got given the run around a bit though.

Keane 5 Struggled today for me. Caught out of position too much.

Konch 5 Struggled really.

Knockaert 6 Didn't have a kick first half. Improved slightly second half, one great effort on goal that just went wide.

King 6 A few good defensive contributions, was quiet for a lot of the game though.

Drinkwater 6 Mixed bag really. We were horribly overrun in the middle at times.

Marshall 5 Glad that he scored, might give him some much needed confidence.

Nugent 4 Really, really poor. Just couldn't seem to do anything right.

Vardy 5 The pick of the strikers on the day, which says all you need to know about the performance. Missed a very good chance.

Waghorn 2 Abysmal. Learn to hit the target from 6 yards out please. Not good enough.

Dyer 5 Absolutely put one on a plate for Waghorn. Otherwise not involved at all.

Schmeichel 7 - 2 excellent saves, no chance with the goals, decent kicking.

De Laet 5 - His worst game in a City shirt, touch was off and in general just had a frustrating, still fairly untroubled defensively though.

Morgan 6 - Hmmm not sure what to say. Was poor first half, excellent (kept us in it) in the 2nd.

Keane 4 - Sorry lad but should have dealt with their first goal and didn't look too comfortable.

Konchesky 3 - 2 goals down his side, need I say more?

Marshall 7 - I thought he was very good today, kept wide, covered the liability, grabbed his goal and grinded out.

King 5 - Ineffective

Drinkwater 7 - Was our key again and ran the game single handedly I'd say for a good 30/35 minutes.

Knockaert 6 - Quiet first half, good 2nd.

Nugent 6 - Decent performance today, worked hard and looked a threat.

Vardy 6 - Similar to Nugent, did well today, some very good movement and unlucky not to score 2nd half, good save from their keeper.

Vardy 6 - Similar to Nugent, did well today, some very good movement and unlucky not to score 2nd half, good save from their keeper.

I agree, thought he played well today. There was quite alot of Vardy bashing on the radio afterwards, maybe people are looking for a scapegoat in typical Leicester fashion?

I agree, thought he played well today. There was quite alot of Vardy bashing on the radio afterwards, maybe people are looking for a scapegoat in typical Leicester fashion?

Couldn't agree more with this. He won headers, made runs and made their defenders constantly think about where he was. Would be a different story if he had got a toe on that cross or the keeper hadn't saved his shot well! Typical of some fans to look for a scapegoat me thinks...

Couldn't agree more with this. He won headers, made runs and made their defenders constantly think about where he was. Would be a different story if he had got a toe on that cross or the keeper hadn't saved his shot well! Typical of some fans to look for a scapegoat me thinks...

I don't think he played that badly today but he is just not good enough. Today was probably the best game he's had for 5 months and he wasted 2 golden chances and was subbed after an hour.

I don't think he played that badly today but he is just not good enough. Today was probably the best game he's had for 5 months and he wasted 2 golden chances and was subbed after an hour.

Oh I'm not saying he is necessarily good enough but that he gets far too much stick when really the whole team didnt play well! People around me constantly abusing him when I thought it was definitely one of his better games for us

Kasper - 6 - Pulled off some good saves, but could do nothing about the goals.

De Laet - 4 - Didn't seem his usual self today. Rarely seemed to get forward with any effect and got caught out of position quite a lot.

Morgan - 7- Made some outstanding tackles and blocks.

Keane - 5 - Quite composed on the ball as usual but was exposed a little in the second half by some poor positional play from Koncheskey.

Koncheskey - 4 - Constantly out of position leaving young Keane fully exposed. Expect better from a senior member of the team.

Knockaert - 6 - Wasn't his usual confident self today but rarely gave possession away.

Drinkwater and King - individually 6 apiece - collectively 4 - Thought both players played ok on their own merits, with neither seeming too fazed by the hustle and bustle of Pboro midfield, however as a unit they looked very disjointed and incredibly similar in their style of play almost shadowing each other. This caused us many problems when out of possession as it often meant Pboro could play the ball through the middle of the park with ease. Unfortunately the two don't compliment each other well, and we really missed the discipline of James.

Marshall - 6 - Good finish and some decent crosses put into the box, but does seem a little lightweight in the challenge often conceeding possession in the process.

Vardy - 3 - Wasn't in the game at all. Looked physically very weak against their backline, and was quickly closed down in possession as he often needed too many touches to control the ball. He offered no support to Nugent in terms of movement or hold up play and the team seemed to carry him throughout his time on the pitch.

Nugent - 5 - Below par performance but tried hard. Unfortunately lacked support from any of his strike partners so constantly had to drop deep to try and get on the ball.

Subs

Waghorn - 3 - Chased every ball when he came on and physically asked more questions of the defence than Vardy. However, his miss at the end was horrendous and he should have at least worked the keeper.

Dyer - 5 - Didn't really get into the game, however I noticed on a number of occassions that he was having to chase back and offer support to Koncheskey which was disappointing as I was hoping he'd get the opportunity to run at the full back and cause some problems at the other end.

Archived