Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

auto promotion your having a laugh!

Think you needed a strong big midfield approach to see you through the tough time pal lol

last Saturday I had 11 pints 3 Sambukas and 3 Jagerbombs and completely fkn lost Sunday and partof Monday :P

lol

Last night was weird.. Felt fine one minute, sick as a fookin dog the next.

Worse thing was, out of 18 lads who started, about 12 completed..

We are not going to win every game all season long, whilst hammering teams 3/4-0. If that was the case our players would be playing for top prem teams. If Arsenal was put in the championship they wouldn't win every game blowing teams away. They would struggle against teams like Posh I'm sure. Does that mean Arsenal are a shit team? No.

We are second for a reason. Just remember that.

Pearson has certainly bettered my expectations.

However, every so often he throws in what, to me, seems like a strange choice of team and formation given the opposition.

As soon as myself and my mates saw what yesterday's team was gonna be, we hand on heart said that we could well lose this game.

And so we did.

King away from home is a liability and generally has been for ages and Vardy is not good enough at this level.

None of us yesterday were at all surprised that we were put under lots of pressure and ultimately lost.

If we ARE gonna be good enough for auto, results like yesterday have to be turned round.

I agree. The king/drinkwater midfield is too light weight. The mix of drinkwater and James works well. NP has always said that if you come in and play well you keep your place, but I think he should have brought James back.

The other issue is Vardy,who like Waghorn is a decent squad player, but not good enough to start at the moment. The lack of attacking / holding ability meant posh got far more of the ball than they would if Wood was playing. If, and a big if, the rumours of 6 weeks out are true we need to ship in a striker on loan and quick!! My vote would go to Jamie Mackie, surely available and would no doubt come on a short term loan.

Amazingly everyone has forgotten that Nuge & Vardy... Drinky & King got us within touching distance of the top 2.

The signing of Wood pushed us across the line... so to speak.

Did we look good enough for automatic, probably not.

But they're pretty far from not good enough for this league, orwhatever total bullshit people are coming out with... as the league tables at the time showed.

Amazingly everyone has forgotten that Nuge & Vardy... Drinky & King got us within touching distance of the top 2.

But they're pretty far from not good enough for this league, orwhatever total bullshit people are coming out with... as the league tables at the time showed.

Precisely.

In a way you are right but that does not excuse the dreadful finishing of Waghorn and Vardy...that yet again cost us points.

In a way you are right but that does not excuse the dreadful finishing of Waghorn and Vardy...that yet again cost us points.

Maybe so , but the way forward is further encouragement not abuse ,

Leicester fans have "form" for destroying theyre own players , which isnt nice , i woudnt want all of football to "hate us" if im honest

1st 11 are good enough for top 2....But after that we are pretty woe full.

Woeful? Really?

The likes of King, Moore, Schlupp, Waghorn, Vardy, etc have all played in games we've won.

In fact Whitbread, King, Dyer, Schlupp, Waghorn all started in a game we won 6-0 this season. Vardy and Futacs came on as sub.

The back up might not be top two starting 11 standard, but how many in this league have that?

Maybe so , but the way forward is further encouragement not abuse ,

Leicester fans have "form" for destroying theyre own players , which isnt nice , i woudnt want all of football to "hate us" if im honest

i never boo players,never have...though if i feel the players are not doing the business i will say so on forums like this...you cannot just saying everything is fine when it is not..as we will have nothing to debate about.

Don't get me wrong i like the two lads mentioned work rates.. but we need more than that,take Waghorn how many times does he blaze over from 6 feet....the lad needs to get on the training field and change the way he thinks about shooting...yesterday a side foot in a empty net was all was needed yet he went for power and it cost us,that is not me having ago that is frustration about a player who is very good on his day yet continues to disappoint.

If we play like we did Saturday again we can kiss it goodbye. I believe we wont though. The worrying thing for me atm is Dull City have 2 home games (Charlton & Derby) before our next league game, we could be 6 points behind them before we kick a ball in the league again. yes with games in hand but id rather have the points on the board. We have one hell of a rollercoaster ahead of us I fear.

If we play like we did Saturday again we can kiss it goodbye. I believe we wont though. The worrying thing for me atm is Dull City have 2 home games (Charlton & Derby) before our next league game, we could be 6 points behind them before we kick a ball in the league again. yes with games in hand but id rather have the points on the board. We have one hell of a rollercoaster ahead of us I fear.

We do have one hell of a roller coaster ahead of us but we are a capable of this. We are not all of a sudden a bad team just because we lost to Peterborough. The championship throws up surprise results all the while. Peterborough went to Cardiff and won!

I feel confident we can win all of our home games and I think we'll get enough away from home to give us a real chance of 2nd place.

On the flip side to Hull, they COULD lose both of there home games and be on the same points with us having 2 games in hand. Stranger things have happened!

Anyway keep the faith boys and girls, the players as a whole are doing us proud this season.

COYB!!!!

This thread is something of a bad joke...... :(

People slagging off our players, our formation, NFP's team selection, just hilarious...... :giggle:

The same players, same formation, pretty much the same team that has kept us in the top 6 all season, lose their first game in 9 starts, come on get a grip....... lol

We do have a problem though, and it has been apparent all season. When we play well we can see off anyone in this league but if we don't then we can get in real trouble and it happens whenever we try and be conservative and play a holding, containing sort of game.

It happens when we start with a 'defensive' mindset, think Leeds, Millwall, Watford etc. Starting like this we invite the opposition on to us and for some reason our passing game never gets going, best we have managed playing like this was a draw at Hull.

Similarly we can also fook up by trying to play a containing game when we have started well and got a lead, think Barnsley, Derby, 'Boro and of course on saturday. Lost points on every occasion, bar 'Boro where we were very lucky.

This has happened often enough this season to have become quite predictable, quite why I do not know....... :dunno:

I think that we have every chance of going up automatically. But like someone else said, we could find ourselves 6 points adrift of second next time we play in the league, and we'll most likely be down in 4th or 5th. Yes we have turned it around before so there is no reason we cant do it again. However, we have lost 9 games now this season so I think we are only allowed maybe 2 or 3 more losses this season before 2nd will look a tall order. So even though we are second now, its not going to look anywhere near as rosy for us in two weeks time. Hull also have 3 home games on the spin in the league annoyingly.

We also shouldnt really look too much into the defeat at the weekend. Their form over the past ten league games is exactly the same as ours. Which is odd when our form has seen us climb up to 2nd, yet they are still bottom. I said before the game that Peterborough were a lot better than their position suggested and it turned out to be true.

This thread is something of a bad joke...... :(

People slagging off our players, our formation, NFP's team selection, just hilarious...... :giggle:

Good start.

We do have a problem though, and it has been apparent all season.

You seem to contradict yourself. We shouldn't criticise the players, the manager or the formation because they've got us in a fantastic position, but apparently there's been a problem all season. So presumably either the players, the manager, the formation, the tactics, the mentality... whatever... are to blame for this and you're criticising the fact that it hasn't been addressed?

To the OP - I think threads like this just highlight the fact that Leicester fans are never happy. If you'd told people last season that by the end of January we'd be second in the league, playing good football, with the best defence in the league and an amazing goal difference I think most people would have been over the moon. I certainly would have been. But instead, you get a load of people moaning because despite having two potential 20-a-season strikers, we don't have a third to back them up. You get people talking the same old shit about Andy King, a fantastic servant to this club in a time where players don't hang around for more than about 2 minutes and a very good Championship midfielder. You get people slaughtering the team and the manager because of an away defeat against a shit team - guess what, it happens. Cardiff lost to P'Boro at home this season. Do you think they care? It just beggars belief.

Good start.

You seem to contradict yourself. We shouldn't criticise the players, the manager or the formation because they've got us in a fantastic position, but apparently there's been a problem all season. So presumably either the players, the manager, the formation, the tactics, the mentality... whatever... are to blame for this and you're criticising the fact that it hasn't been addressed?

Hi Indie....... :)

This thread criticises the performance on saturday by blaming specific players, our formation and team selection but they are exactly the same players, formation etc that have kept us in the top 6 all season.

Vardy and Waghorn may not be prolific but alongside Nugent they have done enough to keep us in the playoffs or better, we virtually always play 4-4-2 (and are hopeless in any other formation) and Vardy is clearly preferred to anyone bar Nugent and now Wood.

This has been the case all season so why was it wrong on saturday? For an hour it was going very well...... :dunno:

I pointed out in my earlier post what I thought the problem was and gave some evidence to support my views, to my mind it was nothing to do with specific player, formations and team selection for this game. Had we played the last 30 minutes as we had played the first 60, we would have won comfortably...... :thumbup:

Archived