Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

auto promotion your having a laugh!

bore off, we are 2nd in the league for a simple reason. that reason is that over the course of the season we have been the second best team in the league, and i dare say that come the end of the season we will still be the second best team in the league and go up.

1 bad day in the last 4 weeks or so is not the end of the world. how we respond is important.

Pearson has certainly bettered my expectations.

However, every so often he throws in what, to me, seems like a strange choice of team and formation given the opposition.

As soon as myself and my mates saw what yesterday's team was gonna be, we hand on heart said that we could well lose this game.

And so we did.

King away from home is a liability and generally has been for ages and Vardy is not good enough at this level.

None of us yesterday were at all surprised that we were put under lots of pressure and ultimately lost.

If we ARE gonna be good enough for auto, results like yesterday have to be turned round.

Pearson has certainly bettered my expectations.

However, every so often he throws in what, to me, seems like a strange choice of team and formation given the opposition.

As soon as myself and my mates saw what yesterday's team was gonna be, we hand on heart said that we could well lose this game.

And so we did.

King away from home is a liability and generally has been for ages and Vardy is not good enough at this level.

None of us yesterday were at all surprised that we were put under lots of pressure and ultimately lost.

If we ARE gonna be good enough for auto, results like yesterday have to be turned round.

I agree. The king/drinkwater midfield is too light weight. The mix of drinkwater and James works well. NP has always said that if you come in and play well you keep your place, but I think he should have brought James back.

The other issue is Vardy,who like Waghorn is a decent squad player, but not good enough to start at the moment. The lack of attacking / holding ability meant posh got far more of the ball than they would if Wood was playing. If, and a big if, the rumours of 6 weeks out are true we need to ship in a striker on loan and quick!! My vote would go to Jamie Mackie, surely available and would no doubt come on a short term loan.

I agree. The king/drinkwater midfield is too light weight. The mix of drinkwater and James works well. NP has always said that if you come in and play well you keep your place, but I think he should have brought James back.

The other issue is Vardy,who like Waghorn is a decent squad player, but not good enough to start at the moment. The lack of attacking / holding ability meant posh got far more of the ball than they would if Wood was playing. If, and a big if, the rumours of 6 weeks out are true we need to ship in a striker on loan and quick!! My vote would go to Jamie Mackie, surely available and would no doubt come on a short term loan.

Somebody mentioned on the post-match thread that King had a better game than Drinkwater yesterday.

That's dont surprise me at all...

It's of no coincidence that Drinkwater looks better (and gets forward more) when he's playing alongside James.

The fact that James is happy to sit and mop up the second ball, gives Drinkwater more reassurance that he can bomb-on and start to create an attacking phase once more. A more confident Drinkwater also rubs off on the likes of Knocky and Marshall who have more time to do what they do. We talk about partnerships down the spine of the team. Simply, i think there's a more natural understanding going on between Drinky/James than there is Drinky/King.

It's all about fine margins and losing yesterday could play a part in the big scheme of things. And second in the table versus bottom,we didn't have to lose... As indicated in the pre-match thread where many people on here were suggesting a victory and by a decent margin.

They wanted it more, second balls and "robust" challenges.

Knocks got shoved in the face and they call him a cheat.

Midfield is lightweight, getting knocked off the ball far to easily.

Finishing was poor, heard this before.

Epic in the terracing though, suppose it might be the last time!

LORD JESUS SAVE US, We have lost one game so far in 2013 which must mean we are shit, so shit in fact we will go down, yep all down hill from here! And we won't stop there! We will keep sliding down until Andy Gibbs is on the touch line......

Shut up all of you ****** moaning. Maybe it would be nice to help lift the lads after that defeat! It's pathetic you can't expect us to win every game! It wasn't down to Pearsons poor tactics it was down to the players on the pitch, they just didn't get going and Peterborough wanted it more and got it.

The season isn't over, we are still much better off than we have been in past seasons! And I firmly believe we will go up.

Then it shows despite losing to the bottom of the league our fana have still not lost any arrogance!

No, it shows that our fans are aware of the fact that in order to gain promotion automatically you have to finish second in the league, and that's where we are after 30 games, so we're probably good enough to finish there. It's not arrogance, it's observation.

It's too easy to simply slate anyone with a different opinion.

Yes, we are second and yes, Pearson has done a grand job. On all fronts the man has made us from a laughing stock into an ambitious, forward looking club again.

However, don't simply overlook yesterday's team selection and performance, which, by all accounts was pretty poor.

It's games like yesterday's that can define seasons. We have some tough away fixtures coming up. I remain concerned that the midfield is the problem against sides that want to impose themselves onto us.

I've had this concern all season and still have now.

Peterbrough were the bottom side and a pretty poor outfit. Don't simply overlook this in favour of 'everything is great' cos you might get your fingers burnt.

Being critical, yesterday showed the less good side of Nigel Pearson and we have seen this before.

However, I remain confident that our home form which is exemplary, will see us across the finishing line.

No, it shows that our fans are aware of the fact that in order to gain promotion automatically you have to finish second in the league, and that's where we are after 30 games, so we're probably good enough to finish there. It's not arrogance, it's observation.

Look im not being a miserable git because we lost one game. I said before we lost yesterday i think we will finish in the playoffs

If results would have gone against us as well, we could have ended up being 3rd or 4th at worst. This says it all for me. We are still in second place, we've been in good form but haven't played too well recently (Huddersfield, Wolves, Posh). That is all. Every team goes through this, look at when Manchester United lost 1-4 to Liverpool then lost 3-0 at Fulham... Nigel will sort it out.

Find a better starting eleven than ours in the league, you'll do well.

This is spot on, but the back up is in midfield and up front is average.

Whilst we keep our first XI fit I'm confident we will gain automatic promotion, but yesterday did show some of our limitations. The team played poorly for the most part, yet there was no one on the bench that was capable of making an impact when they had their chance to.

Archived