Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
miggy111

What would you like to Change About the Club

A few things i'd like to see. Firstly, definitely scrap that post horn gallop or the 2nd half. Its embarrasingly awful. The post horn gallop is the one thing that at the minute is completely unique to our club and by playing the re-mixed version, its basically saying 'fvck you' to the tradition.

Secondly, a club representative should be on the Monday night forum at least once a month for Q&A. And by club representative, I dont mean a steward from the west stand. Susan Whelan, Andrew Neville, Top, NP, Shakey, Stowell a player etc etc.

Last thing. The pre-match atmosphere building is obv not going to go away but lets try a different format. Do an online poll for the Foxes fans favourite songs. Pick the top 100 and play those through the tannoy. At least then If volume remains a problem, the quality cant be complained about.

In addition to the pre match atmosphere, i'd like to put forward this suggestion. We have the giant screens visable from all areas of the ground and a sound system that can certainly be heard. Approach former Leicester favourites and famous Leicester fans to record a short 2 minute video about their love of Leicester. The video will include footage of their best moments and will end with the person involved, directly telling the crowd to sing and get behind the team. A good example would be Steve Walsh talking about Leicester over video footage of his double against Derby in the play offs. This will show the passion that we all crave, it will re-ignite the flames that burn deep within us all and most of all, plant a good feeling in our minds just before the game. The start of the video should be just after Birch tells us the teams are now in the tunnel, and the end should co-incide with the start of the post horn gallop.

This is affordable, workable and when you have a Leicester legend telling you to sing, its much more acceptable to fans.

Oh I almost forgot, after we win a home game, instead of playing, 'Tonights gonna be a good night' by the Black Eyed Peas, play 'Rockin all over the world' by Status Quo. The celebration will go on for longer and it'll make us feel like we've won a cup final which is exactly how we should feel after a win. If we lose, play the theme tune to Baywatch.

Our Kit to Red.

Whoops. Sorry already been done.

On a serious note, Can we make part of the Kop unreserved seating to create another section for people who want to stand together but don't want to move to L1, that's not a dig at L1 but I like to watch the game from behind the goal.

And although I don't use the food outlets, they are seriously shit and over priced, as mentioned before, lets just let McDonalds, KFC, Subway, whoever wants a outlet to move in creating competition, meaning they may get a shift on when it comes to serving.

And i'd i'd second the motion for the return of republica-ready to go, before KO.

John Cage's 4:33 as goal music.

The club to officially support safe standing in the wake of numerous other Championship clubs.

More Fan Fixtures for low-key opposition and Tuesday nights.

Give the stadium some TLC in the concourses and outside.

Move big screens to the middle, preferably on the roof so they don't impact on anybody's view.

Ticket prices need to be lower, even if we're in the Prem. I don't mean loads of 'fans fixtures' or any of that bollocks, they should all be fans fixtures, general ticket prices should be reduced. No ticket should be any more than £20 for this league. In the Prem it shouldn't be more than £25.

And the families shouldn't be given priority - they shouldn't be given preferential treatment with regards to ticket prices, for example, and that goes for the family stand. Of course children should be charged less, but not people with children. Adults should be treated equally.

They need to relax their rules about certain things. Not letting people drink in the stands is stupid, as is calling everything under the sun, including flags, etc; a 'safety hazard'. Realise that a lot of us are grown adults, we don't need to be patronised and ruled with a rod of iron. Similarly, stop assuming that we are all hooligans. Very little trouble goes on in modern football, especially at our ground. Treat people like responsible, reasonable people. Even if some of them are booing, negative, iphone messing little freaks.

Goal music needs to be scrapped completely. The Jersey Budd version of When You're Smiling needs to be abolished and the Dean Martin or Louis Armstrong version needs to be played pre-match. And if you can't play anything nice, don't play anything at all. All these popular club tunes are turd.

Stop embarrassing us with things like those 'we love you' scarves. Get in touch with the old fashioned fans who have made the club what it is. Learn about the club's culture.

I'd like them to come out in support of safe-standing. I've been into the issue, as have many others, in great depth in recent months. The people at the club should already be well aware of the argument for it and the amount of support for it. They've got no good reason to oppose it, so it's as simple as that really. Just support the campaign. They're desperately trying not to, even though the vast majority of supporters they claim to care about want them to.

And in general, they need to just listen to the fans more. If somebody voices their concern about something, the people at the club should take it seriously. If somebody writes them a 10-page letter, don't just reply with a generic six lines of worn out cliches about health and safety and how all the fans are important to the club. Actually listen to the fans' feelings and respond with respect and understanding of their concerns/opinions. If there is a reason for something they are not happy about, explain it. People want honesty.

If they're not sure about how fans feel about something, read this forum. Maybe even post questions. Most importantly, they should try to understand their target audience and show that they care what we think. That is basic business principle so they have no excuse for not doing it.

With regards to the stadium, I'd like the 'blue' seats to be replaced with our blue. The faded colour we have now is ugly as owt. And I'd love seats to be built in front of the stands so that they are extended and closer to the pitch. These thoughts are less essential than the ones mentioned above but important to me nonetheless. Suggestions, if you like.

I don't really care about the website, I rarely use it and almost without fail I manage to get tickets of it with no problem when I do. It's the stuff that happens on matchday that really matters.

The turnstiles are embarrasingly smallfor some fat fans - not me you understand, I'm quite an adonis.

At last some one that cares,

I've seen you squirming through. ;)

Ticket prices need to be lower, even if we're in the Prem. I don't mean loads of 'fans fixtures' or any of that bollocks, they should all be fans fixtures, general ticket prices should be reduced. No ticket should be any more than £20 for this league. In the Prem it shouldn't be more than £25.

And the families shouldn't be given prioirity, they shouldn't be given preferential treatment with regards to tickets. Of course children should be charged less, but not people with children. Adults should be treated equally.

They need to relax their rules about certain things. Not letting people drink in the stands is stupid, as is calling everything under the sun, including flags, etc; a 'safety hazard'. Realise that a lot of us are grown adults, we don't need to be patronised and ruled with a rod of iron. Similarly, stop assuming that we are all hooligans. Very little trouble goes on in modern football, especially at our ground. Treat people like responsible, reasonable people. Even if some of them are booing, negative, iphone messing little freaks.

Goal music needs to be scrapped completely. The Jersey Budd version of When You're Smiling needs to be abolished and the Dean Martin or Louis Armstrong version needs to be played pre-match. And if you can't play anything nice, don't play anything at all. All these popular club tunes are turd.

Stop embarrassing us with things like those 'we love you' scarves. Get in touch with the old fashioned fans who have made the club what it is. Learn about the clubs culture.

I'd like them to come out in support of safe-standing. I've been into the issue, as have many others, in great depth in recent months. The people at the club should already be well aware of the argument for it and the amount of support for it. They've got no good reason to oppose it, so it's as simple as that really. Just support the campaign. They're desperately trying not to, even though the vast majority of supporters they claim to care about want them to.

And in general, they need to just listen to the fans more. If somebody voices their concern about something, the people at the club should take it seriously. If somebody writes them a 10-page letter, don't just reply with a generic six lines of worn out cliches about health and safety and how all the fans are important to the club. Actually listen to the fans feelings and respond with respect and understanding of their concerns/opinions. If they're not sure about how fans feel about something, read this forum. Maybe even post questions. Most importantly, try to understand your target audience and show that you care what they think. That is basic business principle so they have no excuse for not doing it.

I don't really care about the website, I rarely use it and almost without fail I manage to get tickets of it with no problem when I do. It's the stuff that happens on matchday that really matters.

Agree with most of that although I have no problem with merchandising initiatives like the scarves provided it helps to keep ticket prices to a minimum - no one is forced to buy the stuff.

The biggest problem with the website is the lack of and promptness of information, it's embarrassing to read 'news' about the club on other websites days before it's on the OS and in many cases is never on the OS.

An unreserved seating area would be a massive boon for those that cannot make every game but want to sit with friends yet cannot buy their tickets at the same time or via the same method especially when the club deems it necessary to charge £2 extra for buying tickets on the day - "super way" of enticing the casual, undecided or unable to decide fan to come to the game..

I would like to see loyalty rewarded in more flexible ways than just giving a discount for a season ticket. I think the first game you go to in a season should be £25, the next £24, the next £23 and so on, until towards the end of the season when loyal supporters are getting in for next to nothing, the club has made their money, the stadium is full, everyone is happy.

And the families shouldn't be given priority - they shouldn't be given preferential treatment with regards to ticket prices, for example, and that goes for the family stand. Of course children should be charged less, but not people with children. Adults should be treated equally.

Stop embarrassing us with things like those 'we love you' scarves. Get in touch with the old fashioned fans who have made the club what it is. Learn about the club's culture.

And in general, they need to just listen to the fans more. If somebody voices their concern about something, the people at the club should take it seriously. If somebody writes them a 10-page letter, don't just reply with a generic six lines of worn out cliches about health and safety and how all the fans are important to the club. Actually listen to the fans' feelings and respond with respect and understanding of their concerns/opinions. If there is a reason for something they are not happy about, explain it. People want honesty.

If they're not sure about how fans feel about something, read this forum. Maybe even post questions. Most importantly, they should try to understand their target audience and show that they care what we think. That is basic business principle so they have no excuse for not doing it.

With regards to the stadium, I'd like the 'blue' seats to be replaced with our blue. The faded colour we have now is ugly as owt. And I'd love seats to be built in front of the stands so that they are extended and closer to the pitch. These thoughts are less essential than the ones mentioned above but important to me nonetheless. Suggestions, if you like.

You don't want much do you...

Archived