Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
miggy111

What would you like to Change About the Club

No I don't really. Most of that is pretty basic stuff. I don't expect them to want to go along with much of it, but if I was in charge those things would be the very minimum I would change.

Fair enough, I agree with what you say anyway... just can't see any of that actually changing.

By my comment, it's not a dig at families, I just can't help but feel the club's target market is 100% families and it's not right, not all that great for the long term or short term.

I think the club have got to encourage atmosphere more, and by that, not look down on those who make noise (because it happens, lets be honest), I actually think if we had a great atmosphere every home game we could get away with even a shite team and the fans would still be wanting to come back. For a side that are as high up and as good at home as we are, the experience is pretty disappointing.

Get rid of goal music- Fire isn't hideous like Chelsea Dagger was but it's just not needed.

More flexible ticket pricing- We've had poor crowds for our two biggest home games so far. If the game is on TV try and tempt the fans away from their sofas.

Think you should have plenty to go on in the meeting.

As others have said, certain things about the 'modern football experience' aren't in (or at least, not entirely) the clubs's hands: e.g. kick-off times, even the price structure to some extent when you think about what's happened to players' wages and the prices of staying competitive now, even in the Championship.

Other things though would be extremely easy to change: the pre-match build-up, goal music, etc. I suppose these are 'minor' gripes in the scheme of things, but I think for a while now the club have underestimated how much this sort of thing grates on some fans...

As others have said, certain things about the 'modern football experience' aren't in (or at least, not entirely) the clubs's hands: e.g. kick-off times, even the price structure to some extent when you think about what's happened to players' wages and the prices of staying competitive now, even in the Championship.

Other things though would be extremely easy to change: the pre-match build-up, goal music, etc. I suppose these are 'minor' gripes in the scheme of things, but I think for a while now the club have underestimated how much this sort of thing grates on some fans...

I Understand That aspects will Already be put forward in the meetings, But what i am trying to achieve here is if a criteria is brought to Members attention on the agenda i can put forward the fans views and ideas on how they would like that aspect Changed.

I Understand That aspects will Already be put forward in the meetings, But what i am trying to achieve here is if a criteria is brought to Members attention on the agenda i can put forward the fans views and ideas on how they would like that aspect Changed.

The atmosphere HAS to be improved.

Getting rid of overloud pre match music- someones idea about getting past heroes to talk about their goals (the poster mentioned Walshy in the Playoff v Derby) is a fantastic idea. The club need to look at giving more support to the 18-30 age range (some are younger some older) but take away this portion of people would leave the club without many fans in attendance at all. There are many disalluisioned people on here who don't bother going now. Ticket prices are the blame for that.

Safe Standing- As others have said, its impossible for the club to ignore now. Fans aren't asking for the stadium to be made all standing. They're asking for a public acknowledgement about it. We already know for a fact Susan Whelan went to the parliament meeting last year to see what the fuss was about and she just wants to see how it develops. Maybe ask her to get in touch with Jon Darch and arrange a private viewing of the model with him. He does it all over the country, doesn't cost a penny and he has visited many clubs privately (premier league as well as Chamionship) and honours their wish to be anonymous. We do not need generic responses, treating some very intelligent fans as if they're 5 coming out with the usual mantra.

Its my understanding Susan Whelan didn't want to attend the roadshow at the start of the season for fearing of being bombarded with fans' questions. Maybe that was true, so she now has a perfect opportunity to look into it privately- she may well have done already.

If you do bring this up, its important you yourself get a good backgrounding on the concept so as not to be fobbed off at the meeting.

the website address is www.safestandingroadshow.com if you're unsure about anything contact me, Bilo or 1964fox for some clarification. Go in armed with as many answers as possible. All you're asking for is an acknowledgement on the topic.

Good luck

I suspect this season's prices were partly because of the money we splashed out recklessly last season.

Two other things: one, they could arguably make more money by attracting more fans with lower prices. Two: I'm pretty sure most revenue comes from TV and sponsoring these days, especially with the amount we're on TV.

Ticket pricing is an issue for me, I have no problem affording them but feel that at over £30 for a decent view i am being ripped off, you have to ask yourselves are you trying to sell going to the football or just making money from the loyal fans that will go anyway. The ground is nearly always 3/4 full at best so there are a lot of tickets that you just cant sell in any other business if you only sold 3/4 of your stock you would have to lower your prices.

The idea of putting the kop near the away fans is a no brainer and would improve the atmosphere as they tried to out sing each other, you cant here the away fans in the kop at the minute.

Getting a drink at half time is just not worth the hastle as you will miss most of the second half but not sure what could be done other than vending machines.

Archived