Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Nail yer colours

Nail yer colours to the mast  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Where will City finish in the final shake-up?

• Top two
    • Play-offs and promotion
    • Play-offs, but not promotion
    • Outside play-offs

Great time to conduct this poll Col, the day after a gut wrenching defeat :P Long way to go with many twists and turns to come, I'm sure of that. All season I've felt we will get there and with 15 games left I'm not going to change my mind. Can see it all closing up and it being a four way race for top 2 places between Cardiff, Hull, Watford and Us. It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't several permutations playing out on the last day :sweating::chant:

You shouldn't challenge me to do one then mi son...

lol

:thumbup:

In all honesty under Pearson could you see us going up through the playoffs ? we have already been sussed and even teams like Peterborough and Charlton know how to deal with our style of play, and given that Pearson has no idea or track record about a plan B then I hope we don't make the playoffs , just to save more heartache.

Really? Honestly?

You hope we Don't even make the play offs?

Take a deep breath mate - still a long way to go

In all honesty under Pearson could you see us going up through the playoffs ? we have already been sussed and even teams like Peterborough and Charlton know how to deal with our style of play, and given that Pearson has no idea or track record about a plan B then I hope we don't make the playoffs , just to save more heartache.

People said we were found out before Christmas and we won 5 on the trot. In one off games anything can happen and we can easily beat any team in this league if we actually turn up.

Lets remember only its 2 losses in the league

Wood is back fit again

We still have palace and watford to play so beating them and they can be caught

In January everyone was saying how we're going to catch Cardiff

Yes it's 9 points but who knows what we do in our 2 games in hand

Palace's squad is thin IMO and I can't see them keeping pace without slipping up

Wood is back fit again

Palace's squad is thin IMO and I can't see them keeping pace without slipping up

Our squad depth is thin as well but we are addressing that with some loan players so we have a chance now of getting automatic promotion and hopefully staying in those spots.

People said we were found out before Christmas and we won 5 on the trot. In one off games anything can happen and we can easily beat any team in this league if we actually turn up.

*I'm gonna get slagged off to fuck for posting this, but oh well.*

Do we want to base promotion on one off games? I mean we can play well in one off games and almost beat Chelsea in one off games, when we were getting relegated to League One - Would we do that week in, week out if we were to get promoted? Don't get me wrong, I want the best for Leicester City, the best and the aim is promotion out of this league, but also the aim would be to stay up.

I fear if we go up tbh, It's always going to be a big chance we go up and get relegated straight away but I feel it would be a certainty if we went up based on many games this season. No-one in this league is consistent, it's pretty hard to be consistent, however you have to be fairly consistent and we're not, you never know whether we're going to turn up or not.

We have come a long way and we are a much better team now, however despite being at the right end of the table since our promotion back to the Championship I have to question if we have just stalled and got no further, like I said before I still feel we are another season or two from being good enough and I have said that since our promotion back to the Championship thus we have made that final step.

Wood is back fit again

Easy then.

The playoffs this season will have pressures like no other.

Whoever succeeds will book a place on the biggest gravy train in the history of European sport. The Premier League TV deal in place next season would be more than repay the Thais for the money they have ploughed into this club during the past three years.

The alternative, though, is yet another year touring the lower-league hovels, more multi-million pound losses, and possibly the loss of key players like Jasper and Knockaert.

Expectations on City - the biggest of the clubs likely to be in the playoffs - will be immense. Is there anyone in the club, management or players, with the capacity to deal with them?

The evidence of the past two weeks would suggest otherwise.. :(

Whoever succeeds will book a place on the biggest gravy train in the history of European sport. The Premier League TV deal in place next season would be more than repay the Thais for the money they have ploughed into this club during the past three years.

The alternative, though, is yet another year touring the lower-league hovels, more multi-million pound losses, and possibly the loss of key players like Jasper and Knockaert.

Expectations on City - the biggest of the clubs likely to be in the playoffs - will be immense. Is there anyone in the club, management or players, with the capacity to deal with them?

You certainly could do a decent job in writing intros for TV programmes, these types where you get if you press information button on the remote to learn what the programme is going to be about lol

What about the evidence of the previous six?

We've had a bad couple of weeks after a good run. Like many sides in and around us.

Why people are writing off our play-off hopes already is beyond me.

Why people are writing off our play-off hopes already is beyond me.

Because people like to write us off. The same people do not big us after after 5 wins on the trot, or 7 games unbeaten. They say it's a long season etc etc. Then after a couple of losses the panic button is not only pressed but hit with a sledgehammer.

Because people like to write us off. The same people do not big us after after 5 wins on the trot, or 7 games unbeaten. They say it's a long season etc etc. Then after a couple of losses the panic button is not only pressed but hit with a sledgehammer.

On the flip side they haven't proved the doubters wrong many times.

Like I always say though, i'll be more than happy to be proved wrong.

On the flip side they haven't proved the doubters wrong many times.

Like I always say though, i'll be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Writing someone off in football will lead you to being correct more than incorrect, because ultimately all but three teams out of 24 fail each year. The odds are stacked in the favour of the permanently miserable.

Archived