Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Nail yer colours

Nail yer colours to the mast  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Where will City finish in the final shake-up?

• Top two
    • Play-offs and promotion
    • Play-offs, but not promotion
    • Outside play-offs

After last night some Cardiff fans will think they have blown it, Brighton and florist will think they are as good as in the play offs while Watford and dull will believe that they are going to be top 2. I will say we will lose in the play offs. I havn't seen enough for promotion and have thought play offs all season. Without Woods signing and goal spree we may well have been 8th by now.

We have been in the playoffs all season when we signed Wood it seemed to me that we had a chance of getting automatic promotion and I still stand by that unfortunately in recent times the teams performance looks devoid of any confidence which is quite worrying because this is the business end of the season for me NP needs to bring in at least 3 loan players (central midfielder, a winger and a striker)

Before the season I thought autos and until 2 weeks ago I though the same.

I've voted playoffs now because Hull are seeming pretty relentless and even though all teams have ups and downs, by the time they have their down they probably will have a decent gap between us and them. If Hull are to falter, I think Watford look more like capitalising than we do.

I voted not promotion because I think Watford and any team, such as Blackburn, who gatecrash the playoffs late will be the teams to beat.

On saying this, beat Blackpool and Blackburn next week and I will be expecting autos again!

I'm a bit gutted after last night, so at the moment, I'd say play-offs, and probably no promotion this time.

Still time for things to change again, but I think Hull, Watford and Palace might well make it a bit too difficult for us to reach the autos.

I just hope that if we do miss out on promotion this season, we can keep hold of NP, the backroom staff and the majority of our best players. I'd be confident we'd improve on this season if our young squad had another year's experience under their belts.

I do think Cardiff must be a bit worried about winning the title now. Their lead is down to just five points! I won't be surprised to see them bottle it yet again between now and the end of the season.

Play offs and promotion. For some reason I just think this time around we're well equipped for the play offs if we end up there, we're not really a team to grind out results but we've got a few players (Knocky, Wood, even Dyer) who can turn a game in an instant, which is the sort of thing you need for a one off game.

6th , hopefully don't go up this season, to be honest i think we'd be capitulated in the prem

We would be fine, if Reading, Southampton and West Ham can make a go of it with their squads and a couple of additions we could.

We would be fine, if Reading, Southampton and West Ham can make a go of it with their squads and a couple of additions we could.

Really when we struggle against the likes of Kermorgant and can't beat Charlton at home? Our midfield and strike force is only championship standard.

Really when we struggle against the likes of Kermorgant and can't beat Charlton at home? Our midfield and strike force is only championship standard.

We did the double over Southampton last year and we were shit, taking isolated games means nothing.

We did the double over Southampton last year and we were shit, taking isolated games means nothing.

Well yes without Lallana and Lambert in the away fixture , but two good performances there .. but we would get bullied in the prem, just imagine Yaya Toure vs Andy King.

I do have a feeling now that we won't finish in the top two, that run-in could be the killer.

I'm confident we'll have enough to finish the play-offs, but third or fourth is essential to ensure we get a home tie in the second leg where we are usually stronger and should be playing in front of 30,000 plus.

Well yes without Lallana and Lambert in the away fixture , but two good performances there .. but we would get bullied in the prem, just imagine Yaya Toure vs Andy King.

I'm sure we'd strengthen considerably.

King isn't first choice now, why would he be in the Premier League?

Great time to conduct this poll Col, the day after a gut wrenching defeat :P Long way to go with many twists and turns to come, I'm sure of that. All season I've felt we will get there and with 15 games left I'm not going to change my mind. Can see it all closing up and it being a four way race for top 2 places between Cardiff, Hull, Watford and Us. It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't several permutations playing out on the last day :sweating::chant:

Playoffs but not promotion.

Abit of excitement, albeit disappointing to have had an arugably good season and lose in the playoffs, but tbh based on our last 4 or 5 games and a few other games/spells throughout the season, i'd rather we not go up, we'd need a hell of alot of work, a hell of alot of improvments and I fear we'd be a laughing stock if we went up.

It's still a year or two early for us to go up based of recent weeks - and really, throughout the season I think that statement has been proven.

It's frustrating because for the couple of season's we've been 'a year or two from being good enough to go up' obviously meaning we have improved since promotion from League One but stalled and never really took the final step to being much improved.

In all honesty under Pearson could you see us going up through the playoffs ? we have already been sussed and even teams like Peterborough and Charlton know how to deal with our style of play, and given that Pearson has no idea or track record about a plan B then I hope we don't make the playoffs , just to save more heartache.

Archived