Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jiggers the Fox

Blackburn pre-match chinfest

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan St. Legend Konch

Marshall Drinky King Knocky

Wood Kane

St. Ledger has to come in at some point, probably better to be a home game where the attacking pressure will be less and he is less likely to make mistakes. Would like to see if Kane and Knocky link up well. Let Marshall take peno's.

Humped. season over. Pearson out. Bottle crashed. 0 win in 5. Total joke.

And you'll get home from the match to find your missus under your neighbour, your dog dead in the yard and your car a smoking charred wreck...

Oh happy days.

It is a must win match.

No, it's not.

we need to win just to stay in a playoff position.

We could lose our next two games and still be in the play off places. It's impossible for us not to be unless boro beat cardiff on Saturday by 23 goals to nil.

No, it's not.

We could lose our next two games and still be in the play off places. It's impossible for us not to be unless boro beat cardiff on Saturday by 23 goals to nil.

That is an awful lot of " ifs " no it's not impossible but it IS highly improbable.

That is an awful lot of " ifs " no it's not impossible but it IS highly improbable.

I counted just the one 'if'. And yes, given that no-one's ever beaten a team by more than 13 goals in a competitive match in English football, it's highly improbable that Boro will stick twenty three goals past Cardiff, the team at the top of the league.

Actually there were no "ifs".

I would think "highly improbable" still doesn't quite do justice for boro beating Cardiff 23-0. Probability is up there with Elvis turning up at half time tonight on an alien space ship and having a half time chat with Birch. Doing a rendition of blue suede shoes and then dieing whilst having a shit on the refs toilet.

Anyway. This isn't a must win match at all, but a win would be a massive shot in the arm and would be very valuable in making up a bit of ground on that top two. The fact that we've still got to play Palace and Watford is a big plus in my eyes too, they'll be - and I hate this phrase - real 6 pointers.

It's a big game, Blackburn have a dangerous squad when they turn up and have turned their season around of late. A good performance and a win against such opposition will give the whole club some renewed confidence. That is something we're desperate for right now. So much negativity amongst the fans, if this forum is anything to go on. A couple of wins and we'll be back in it and that's all I expect from us, to give ourselves half a chance.

I'll still be sticking £20 on Blackburn, draw no bet 4/1

As "if " goal difference is going to make any difference. you are all clutching at straws if you think it will. the top two positions will be determined by points not goal difference , and yes I am willing to take a bet on that.

You were talking about us not being in the play offs, you seem to have taken this in a completely different direction??

But I'm willing to take the bet on the original point that Boro will not be above us come Saturday night should we lose both games.

I think this may be a must win game from a confidence point of view, we need to start winning again. The maths may not support the must win thing, but we really do need to collect three points to get some momentum back.

Nope it's still not must win I'm afraid. This is my pet hate, so I won't let it drop. People have been using it since about game 4 of the season.

It's a bloody important game, as was the last one and as is the next one etc.

Sure the Phrase 'must win' is when it is a 'must win' there is still 42 points for us to play for so unless you think we need 96 points to get promoted then its not. I would call it a 'need a good performance to get the fans back on side game' and it that happens we will win, its simple we play well we beat teams. I still think we are the best footballing team in the division.

Archived