Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jiggers the Fox

Blackburn pre-match chinfest

I know, but before that we conceded six goals in three games.

I don't think Keane has been particularly great recently, and especially being up against Jordan Rhodes tonight, it might prove difficult for him.

But starting a defender who hasnt played for ages against Rhodes won't be difficult for them?

everybody was.

Even in the forth or fifth games of our 5 in a row, all people were saying is that we need to watch out for Watford.

Seems only the destination is important these days, no one can enjoy the roller-coaster on the way any more.

Just highlights the doom and gloom attitude of some of our fans unfortunately. A couple of losses in the league and suddenly the season's over, the manager's clueless, the players aren't good enough and we'll struggle to make the playoffs.

Don't get overexcited when we lose, but don't get overexcited when we win either; win our two games in hand and we'll be within two points of the top two, it's as simple as that. Plus we've still got Palace and Watford to play, which will be huge if we win.

This is the thing. Perhaps we just need to relax a little and enjoy the ride. What are you going to do if we don't go up? Give up and support someone else? If that's the case you may as well depart the Forum now. We're all in it for life. There'll be good phases and bad phases. I've tried to analyse in my own head hundreds of times whether we'll go up, and do you know what, I simply don't have a clue. For all we know we may be on the verge of a glorious run which takes us into the Premiership, and spoken of in the same sentence as West Brom, Swansea and the like. As many others have said more eloquently than me, we're in a better position than we have been for most of the last decade, so let's try and be excited and positive, and not too down hearted if things don't go according to plan. For all those able to go tonight, please enjoy it. Life is too short to do anything but.

But starting a defender who hasnt played for ages against Rhodes won't be difficult for them?

It's hard one isn't it, Keane hasn't been great and inexperience has showed in recent games.

While Whitbread and St Ledger are experienced, but both have been out for a while.

When you put it like that, it's hard to choose lol

OK master. tonight is not a must win.

its not going to decide if we go up or not but its still a must win game no matter how you look at it.

I'm not sure if you know what 'must win game' means. If it doesn't really matter if we lose, then it's not a must win. We could still be promoted automatically if we don't win tonight, so it's definitely not a must win game no matter how you look at it.

Seems only the destination is important these days, no one can enjoy the roller-coaster on the way any more.

So true! We have played very fluid and entertaining football at times this season with a young squad and got rid of the mercenaries from last season. Ok we have hit a bit of a rocky patch but we are still well in the mix for auto's and have a great chance of the play offs which was probably the expectation of many at the start of the season.

Enjoy it! There are clubs with far worse problems than us at the moment

I'm not sure if you know what 'must win game' means. If it doesn't really matter if we lose, then it's not a must win. We could still be promoted automatically if we don't win tonight, so it's definitely not a must win game no matter how you look at it.

I think I do know what it means, we've been on a sticky patch 1 point from 3 games in the final third of the season, chasing for top 2 it is my friend a 'need a win game'

Lose this and confidence will be shot 1 point in 4 games, possibly 5 points from 2nd spot, could be 8 with Cardiff coming up... that leaves us with 12 games left and and possible 8 point gap between us and 2nd.

yes there is still 12 games left but we wont win every game.

I think I do know what it means, we've been on a sticky patch 1 point from 3 games in the final third of the season, chasing for top 2 it is my friend a 'must win game'

Lose this and confidence will be shot 1 point in 4 games, possibly 5 points from 2nd spot, could be 8 with Cardiff coming up... that leaves us with 12 games left and and possible 8 point gap between us and 2nd.

yes there is still 12 games left but we wont win every game.

If you're saying we 'must win' it to stand any chance of achieving a second place finish, then you're incorrect. It won't make it any easier, but it won't make it impossible.

We could lose tonight and then go on to win our next 4 or 5 in a row. Certainly not impossible and not even improbable. And your case seems to assume that no teams around us are going to drop points between now and the end of the season either.

Nope, tonight is not a must win game at all. A win would be fantastic, but it wouldn't be a disaster and it wouldn't be the end of the season if we didn't win.

If you're saying we 'must win' it to stand any chance of achieving a second place finish, then you're incorrect. It won't make it any easier, but it won't make it impossible.

We could lose tonight and then go on to win our next 4 or 5 in a row. Certainly not impossible and not even improbable. And your case seems to assume that no teams around us are going to drop points between now and the end of the season either.

Nope, tonight is not a must win game at all. A win would be fantastic, but it wouldn't be a disaster and it wouldn't be the end of the season if we didn't win.

Im not saying that though am I, an neither do I think that.

Its a must win...IF...we want a realistic chance of getting 2nd place. If we dont win tonight I think barring a miracle we will not get anything more than playoffs..With Brighton/Forest's form and if Boro possibly picking up again, we could quite easily not even finish in the playoffs!

So yeh IMO tonight is a must win if we want to get the auto's as failing to do so would leave a "dream" of getting it but none of us really believing it will happen. If we win I think we would have a genuine chance.

First game I'm attending since Cardiff at home in December. Pretty poor effort considering I have a season ticket, but it's cos of all these bloody mid-week games :mad:

Anyway, I'm slightly nervous with this one as I see Blackburn as a very good side. Having said that, it does appear that our performance against Blackpool was a massive improvement on previous games and we kept a clean sheet. Think that whichever side scores first will win, so a good start is vital IMO.

Archived