Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vale Blue

Does anyone think we might drop out of the play offs?

So with the league hotting up, Bolton, Brighton and Forest getting a head of steam up, Boro beating Cardiff yesterday, here we are with 4pts from our last 15, against rivals toward the bottom of the league.

Could it all go completely t*ts up?

Of course we might. Some of the teams ahead of us are drawing away and the teams coming from behind seem to be considerably improved and have nothing to lose having caught a sniff of opportunity. We've got to work like never before and have the right atitude game in, game out to achieve our aims and it won't be easy. In fact those "10 easy games" are sounding like the sick joke l always thought they might be...especially with two of those 10 being against teams in the bottom three.

Hopefully nugents return will give us the boast we

need. The table looks okay atm due to our game in hand, but we really must win that to take a bit of pressure off

Really? The same Nugent who played in our losses to Huddersfield, Peterborough and Charlton?

He may come back and do well but I think it's a myth to say his return would be the answer to everything. It's not like he GOT injured and we started losing.

Everything is still possible, we could get autos but that looks difficult and very dependant on other teams doing poorly. We are in the plays off so its our to keep, or lose. My heart says the play offs it is, and this time last year I think we would all have loved being in the play offs, we are playing better and are better positioned than we have for a decade.

Well, we are in the Playoffs currently so we are better placed than everyone below us. But having said that, we need to turn this form around because there are teams below us that are on good runs and if this form runs over for another for just another week then we will be out of the top 6 no doubt. The issue is is that we really need to have top six sewn up by the time the last 3 games come around as with Palace, Watford and Forest as the last games of our season, the last thing we want is to need to win 2 or all 3 of them to get in to the playoffs

Of course it could happen, but I don't think it will. A few more wins and we won't be having this talk again, that's how this league works. But our games against Palace and Watford are key though.

It'll be close now, depends how we do in the next 2 home games which really, we should win!

But with Middlesborough and Forest not far off us and with the form Forest are in at the minute it's going to be a fight.

I really think though we shouldn't drop out, if we drop out now i'll be physically sick.

I'm not sure I've formed an opinion myself on this yet, but it just struck me last night.

Brighton are tearing the league up.

Bolton have quality and are now alight.

Boro with Dyer and Ameobi could easily string it altogether.

And then there's Forest. I watched their game last night, was impressed with the football in the first half but even more so at the grit and determination of the 2nd half. They obviously all believe they can make the play offs.

I honestly think all of the above will gather a lot of points together from now til May, so we are going to have to turn this around rapidly.

Of course we may.

With 2 home games next week we have the chance to make up lost ground.

If we drop points against Leeds or Wednesday we give others hope.

Our fate is in our hands but recent form leaves us looking vulnerable.

Lose and draw our next two home games, then we have a problem.

Win them both, then I will be more confident.

I think Brighton will get into the play-offs, but I wouldn't be surprised if three teams not just one make a big push in the next two months.

Middlesbrough, Forest and Bolton will be dangerous.

Middlesbrough have been in and around all season, Forest sadly enough will improve under Davies most likely, and Bolton on paper have one of the best teams in the division and it seems Freedman has finally got them playing winning football.

Our four final games are massive, Bolton, Palace, Watford and Forest, those will be the difference of finishing in the play-offs or 7th/8th position.

Archived