Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TJB-fox

Guirane N'Daw

Went to the match yesterday and felt this bloke really made a difference. Despite the fact he was awful on the ball, he broke down a lot of our attacks, purely because of his superior strength and size, compared to Drinkwater and King. Now this isn't a grumble at our central midfielders because I feel they've been generally excellent, but I feel when a team deploys a big, nasty ball-winner, they cant cope. This is why I personally feel if we want to control games similarly to yesterdays, a bigger more aggressive central midfielder should be used. A player like Liam Trotter, Miles Jedinak, David Meyler etc would help break teams down, purely down to the fact we'd win more in the centre of the park. This would then allow players like Drinkwater and King to be more creative on the ball.

(First post so dont be too harsh!)

P.S where's Matty James?

Most of the teams we've lost against have beaten us because of their deployment of a player who is just there to break up and distribute. We're crying out for one, especially during away games.

The fact still remains that most of the away games we've lost - and those that we've dropped 2 points in - have been down to us not taking our chances, not due to a lack of 'presence' in midfield.

I don't subscribe to this theory that you should always play different tactics/players/formations away from home. We know that if we execute our A game effectively we beat anyone in this league. Therefore I think Pearson has the correct ideals in trying it home or away.

Problem at the minute is the lack of strength in depth is meaning we're not consistently executing our A game enough.

He was pretty crap, as he was here in November. King had the better of him again.

Why do we feel the need to throw a big lump into our midfield? We didn't lose the game in that area yesterday, we lost through a lapse in concentration for a usually steady centre-back.

He was pretty crap, as he was here in November. King had the better of him again.

Why do we feel the need to throw a big lump into our midfield? We didn't lose the game in that area yesterday, we lost through a lapse in concentration for a usually steady centre-back.

Haven't you and others said this time after time this season following an away loss?

There's been lots of away losses.

It's law of averages... When put under pressure, the back four will make errors. We've seen it in Moore, Whitbread, young Keane and even yesterday in Wes.

Stop the back four being out under this level of pressure and they won't make the same number of errors.

It's no coincidence.. Look at our away form for Christ's sake...

:angry:

Haven't you and others said this time after time this season following an away loss?

It's law of averages... When put under pressure, the back four will make errors. We've seen it in Moore, Whitbread, young Keane and even yesterday in Wes.

Stop the back four being out under this level of pressure and they won't make the same number of errors.

I have looked at our away form- early in the season we created a lot, didn't put them away and paid for it, now we are not creating chances and being hit by a great goal or a mistake. In most of our defeats we have not been outfought in midfield.

It's not good enough, everyone knows that.

Went to the match yesterday and felt this bloke really made a difference. Despite the fact he was awful on the ball, he broke down a lot of our attacks, purely because of his superior strength and size, compared to Drinkwater and King. Now this isn't a grumble at our central midfielders because I feel they've been generally excellent, but I feel when a team deploys a big, nasty ball-winner, they cant cope. This is why I personally feel if we want to control games similarly to yesterdays, a bigger more aggressive central midfielder should be used. A player like Liam Trotter, Miles Jedinak, David Meyler etc would help break teams down, purely down to the fact we'd win more in the centre of the park. This would then allow players like Drinkwater and King to be more creative on the ball.

P.S where's Matty James?

Good post. I would take sako from Wolves always looks a threat.

Isn't Liam Trotter out of contract in the summer! I think Nigels left things till then to save some cash! and stay with in budget!

Why would he do that?

Nigel Pearson might be gone by then, so I doubt that would have been the reason for not signing him during January.

P.S where's Matty James?

No thanks.

P.S where's Matty James?

We have the majority of the ball in many games so wouldn't a big, ugly ball winner be counter productive? We don't need someone to win the ball, we need someone who can take the p*** out of these big ugly ball winners!

well said col

Archived