Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mattyfox

Sheff weds at home

The fact is we shouldn't be considering anything else or than 3 points against Wendy. Look where they are, in the doldrums.

If we can't be them we shouldn't be looking at promotion!!

Erm diddn't we say that about Peterborough ?

All fair points - but you've not read my post. I'm not excusing our current form and situation by blaming Sven at all.

I'm saying that this calling this season "the biggest disaster since being relegated under holloway" as pretty sensationalist especially given that we could either go up automatically, through the play offs, lose in the playoffs or just miss out, and particularly when compared to last season when we under achieved after Sven's 'summer trolly dash' and the previous seasons investments under Sven and Sousa.

Ok with you on that. :thumbup:

I was asking the same thing,but no-one seems to know .

We need him ..and quick !

we do indeed mate someone who can break things up when DD has a bad game. our full backs look tired also

This is surely hyperbole at its worst?

I totally agree that the wheels are rapidly coming off, and it needs sorting out immediately, but this season has still been great in many respects - obviously we won't be able to truly judge until the last day but to say that a season like this (where we'll either go up automatically, through the play off, lose in the playoffs or just miss out) is the "biggest disaster" out of the previous two is crazy!

Sven and the board blew millions on big name players that delivered **** all, created a bloated and unbalanced squad, left Pearson with less money to work with and put us in a up or bust situation.

And pearson has taken that unbalanced squad and swapped out 17 CM for 7 or 8 Strikers, no back up keeper, no cover at either full back position, a lack of strength in the middle of the park.Although it is far from a disaster I would still question how we have gone from looking to cement 2nd and chase cardiff down, to looking over our shoulder at Fword, Brighton etc.

And pearson has taken that unbalanced squad and swapped out 17 CM for 7 or 8 Strikers, no back up keeper, no cover at either full back position, a lack of strength in the middle of the park.Although it is far from a disaster I would still question how we have gone from looking to cement 2nd and chase cardiff down, to looking over our shoulder at Fword, Brighton etc.

12th-ish to challenging at the top end of the table throughout the whole season

From never being in the playoffs... to never being out of them as a minimum.

Improvement is there for all but the most twat-ish of people to see.

Yes, we know we need to put a run together at a critical time of the year... perhaps the clubs that do will be ones where the fans lift players through rough patches... not whinge & moan at a pass which goes astray... making it more likely passes will be snatched and results therefore are harder to come by.

You keep banging on about lack of strength in depth... are you a magician? Can you pull money from arse... the club will keep being supported by the Thai's but they'll be prevented from investing by the rules everyone is working under... it's not a disastrous situation as I believe they are here for at least as long as it takes... and probably longer... but things are different, assumptions and god-given rights have changed... if Watford signed 18 Italians in Jan or Hull 12 Egyptians to cement their promotion, it's because they never signed 40 (mainly) bags of overpaid shit last year and they have room to do so.

We've got a couple of cracking players on loan to sure up the squad, with Kane's arrival coincided with Wood's knee injury and Keane making the CB his own... could we do with another? Sure we could but looking at the quality needed to improve what we have it takes some searching out as they'll inevitably be in matchday squads elsewhere... and that's even if he's allowed to bring anyone in.

One thing I picked up last night was really apparent.

None of the players were 'playing with a smile on their faces' to quote Brian Clough.

There seems to be an austere air about the team at the moment... Not once can I recollect any of them looking as though they were having fun.

Sure, it was a tough game against a typically resilient Warnock side and not one for the purists, but our lads generally looked fookin miserable last night.

Again, I agree with many posters on here and say there doesn't seem to be much obvious talking going on between the players.

I could be wrong, I don't always hear them from where I sit, but last night we didn't look a happy side.

I hope this changes on Saturday and we once again play with a swagger that we know is there from time to time.

Before reading this I was writing a remark in another thread saying that something's gone wrong at the club over the last few weeks. Clearly you've noticed it too and i wonder if it's believed within the team that Pearson will be replaced next season whatever.

Do many teams/players in poor form personally (and collectively), with miserable fans shouting and swearing at them (some before a ball is kicked) skip around looking happy without a care in the world.

If the players were running around laughing and joking with smiles on there faces there would be threads on here about there being nothing to smile about and that they don't care.

All fair points - but you've not read my post. I'm not excusing our current form and situation by blaming Sven at all.

I'm saying that this calling this season "the biggest disaster since being relegated under holloway" as pretty sensationalist especially given that we could either go up automatically, through the play offs, lose in the playoffs or just miss out, and particularly when compared to last season when we under achieved after Sven's 'summer trolly dash' and the previous seasons investments under Sven and Sousa.

That quote has been taken out of context. Saying it would be the biggest disaster since being relegated under holloway was referring to the fact that we were indeed but 4 weeks ago placed, 2nd, totally out of sight of 7th (about 13 or 14 points clear maybe?). It WOULD be a massive disaster and cock up if we ended up out of the playoffs based on where we were less than a month ago. It doesnt mean that finishing just outside the playoffs is an outstandingly bad season, but I tell you what, if thats what happened, i can assure you it would FEEL like it was.

12th-ish to challenging at the top end of the table throughout the whole season

From never being in the playoffs... to never being out of them as a minimum.

Improvement is there for all but the most twat-ish of people to see.

Yes, we know we need to put a run together at a critical time of the year... perhaps the clubs that do will be ones where the fans lift players through rough patches... not whinge & moan at a pass which goes astray... making it more likely passes will be snatched and results therefore are harder to come by.

You keep banging on about lack of strength in depth... are you a magician? Can you pull money from arse... the club will keep being supported by the Thai's but they'll be prevented from investing by the rules everyone is working under... it's not a disastrous situation as I believe they are here for at least as long as it takes... and probably longer... but things are different, assumptions and god-given rights have changed... if Watford signed 18 Italians in Jan or Hull 12 Egyptians to cement their promotion, it's because they never signed 40 (mainly) bags of overpaid shit last year and they have room to do so.

We've got a couple of cracking players on loan to sure up the squad, with Kane's arrival coincided with Wood's knee injury and Keane making the CB his own... could we do with another? Sure we could but looking at the quality needed to improve what we have it takes some searching out as they'll inevitably be in matchday squads elsewhere... and that's even if he's allowed to bring anyone in.

Yes most of what you say is valid and now is not the time to be buying or loaning players.

But if np thought trying to get through a whole season with no cover in so many positions. I'd question the logic. We should have paid of or given away a few players in the summer if money was that tight. Which there is no reason to suggest it is.

Your answer to everything is the money might not be there. But on previous form i'd suggest it is. We paid a million quid for a cb we could have signed on a pre contract for nothing last jan.

Hardly a sign of frugul spending.

Archived