Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mattyfox

Sheff weds at home

Everything seems to be a banana skin, a tough game or has the potential for us to slip up. It's the same for every team and is the nature of this league! We've been in it long enough to know that. If we win tonight it makes this game a lot easier though

That probably came across wrong, its a big game tonight and fully expect a win. Just hope we don't think because it's Sheff Weds who are struggling, we can expect an easy game. I hope not anyway its my first game back down with my broken leg, really looking forward to it

That probably came across wrong, its a big game tonight and fully expect a win. Just hope we don't think because it's Sheff Weds who are struggling, we can expect an easy game. I hope not anyway its my first game back down with my broken leg, really looking forward to it

They may be low down the table, but they only have 2 defeats in 10.... better than many teams in the top section of the table

A potential banana skin, I hope not but can see us taking 3 points against Leeds, then taking the foot off the gas!

Think less banana skin and more dangling noose. We lose this and we may as well end it all. And after the draw with an average Leeds side who are poor away from home we need a huge performance against a lowly but in-form side in Sheffield Wednesday.

Just don't mutter the m**t w*n words...

Id say its a banana skin for Sheff Wednesday. They will be coming here thinking 3 points is in on offer and they would be absolutely right. We are that bad at the minute that any side in the championship would fancy their chances against us and rightly so. Quite how this season has turned into the downward spiral that its turning into is astounding.

Either Pearson is making massive cock ups (which cant be said on this forum for fear of a backlash) or the players are not playing for him (which again, cannot be said for fear of a lashing). But something is massively up at our club somewhere, and unless it gets rooted out instantly, we're gonna finish mid table and this season will have been the biggest disaster since being relegated under Holloway.

No such thing as an easy game in this division, and particularly so with our inconsistency.

Can't imagine any team worrying about playing us at the moment - they'll be up or it.

Ok we're having a bad run, I'd rather it be now and pick up momentum going into the play offs. We're not conceding many goals and need some luck in front of goal, I'm sure it will come. Something's not quite right behind the scenes, but just hope it's nothing too serious.

One thing I picked up last night was really apparent.

None of the players were 'playing with a smile on their faces' to quote Brian Clough.

There seems to be an austere air about the team at the moment... Not once can I recollect any of them looking as though they were having fun.

Sure, it was a tough game against a typically resilient Warnock side and not one for the purists, but our lads generally looked fookin miserable last night.

Again, I agree with many posters on here and say there doesn't seem to be much obvious talking going on between the players.

I could be wrong, I don't always hear them from where I sit, but last night we didn't look a happy side.

I hope this changes on Saturday and we once again play with a swagger that we know is there from time to time.

None of the players were 'playing with a smile on their faces' to quote Brian Clough.

There seems to be an austere air about the team at the moment... Not once can I recollect any of them looking as though they were having fun.

Sure, it was a tough game against a typically resilient Warnock side and not one for the purists, but our lads generally looked fookin miserable last night.

Again, I agree with many posters on here and say there doesn't seem to be much obvious talking going on between the players.

I could be wrong, I don't always hear them from where I sit, but last night we didn't look a happy side.

I hope this changes on Saturday and we once again play with a swagger that we know is there from time to time.

I noticed this too. There's a lot of negativity at the moment, it isn't a disaster yet but we're slumping badly and the players know it. On the plus side they do seem desperate to get out of this slump but it did worry me a bit to see a lot of frustrated faces out there.

The team seemed very pleased to see Keane's header go in, hope that lifts us a bit.

Praps these are positives... as well as players....maybe they have become Leicester supporters. ;)

Id say its a banana skin for Sheff Wednesday. They will be coming here thinking 3 points is in on offer and they would be absolutely right. We are that bad at the minute that any side in the championship would fancy their chances against us and rightly so. Quite how this season has turned into the downward spiral that its turning into is astounding.

Either Pearson is making massive cock ups (which cant be said on this forum for fear of a backlash) or the players are not playing for him (which again, cannot be said for fear of a lashing). But something is massively up at our club somewhere, and unless it gets rooted out instantly, we're gonna finish mid table and this season will have been the biggest disaster since being relegated under Holloway.

This is surely hyperbole at its worst?

I totally agree that the wheels are rapidly coming off, and it needs sorting out immediately, but this season has still been great in many respects - obviously we won't be able to truly judge until the last day but to say that a season like this (where we'll either go up automatically, through the play off, lose in the playoffs or just miss out) is the "biggest disaster" out of the previous two is crazy!

Sven and the board blew millions on big name players that delivered **** all, created a bloated and unbalanced squad, left Pearson with less money to work with and put us in a up or bust situation.

This is surely hyperbole at its worst?

I totally agree that the wheels are rapidly coming off, and it needs sorting out immediately, but this season has still been great in many respects - obviously we won't be able to truly judge until the last day but to say that a season like this (where we'll either go up automatically, through the play off, lose in the playoffs or just miss out) is the "biggest disaster" out of the previous two is crazy!

Sven and the board blew millions on big name players that delivered **** all, created a bloated and unbalanced squad, left Pearson with less money to work with and put us in a up or bust situation.

Sorry but the days of blaming Sven are long gone. This is Pearson's team and has been from the start of the season. Something is clearly wrong within the team as Col suggested and it looks like the problem what ever it is will scupper out season because we are running out of games and options.

Sorry but the days of blaming Sven are long gone. This is Pearson's team and has been from the start of the season. Something is clearly wrong within the team as Col suggested and it it looks like the problem what ever it is will scupper out season because we are running out of games and options.

All fair points - but you've not read my post. I'm not excusing our current form and situation by blaming Sven at all.

I'm saying that this calling this season "the biggest disaster since being relegated under holloway" as pretty sensationalist especially given that we could either go up automatically, through the play offs, lose in the playoffs or just miss out, and particularly when compared to last season when we under achieved after Sven's 'summer trolly dash' and the previous seasons investments under Sven and Sousa.

Archived