Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Nugent

Played well today. Much better than Wood.

Oh no.

So, how did the special one play today?

I personally loved it when he bumbelled the ball out of play whilst on his own.

You people are crazy.

And well done on picking up on the ignore the goals part, my point is not that he doesn't score but his performances are woeful.

When he scores that doesn't mean he has played well, you do know that right?

Top player - a player of his ability has not been seen at city for a long time. Recent form hampered by tactics.

Did that smoke grenade hit you on the head?

• 1 month later...

Top goal scorer.

Wow.

He could probably be caught doing your missus and you would forgive him.

Some people are just beyond convincing.

You do realise he has more yellow cards than goals since Christmas and has done nothing to help turn our fortunes around in the past 2 months, but as long as he scored a few goals in Spetember and October then that's fine.

Wow.

He could probably be caught doing your missus and you would forgive him.

Some people are just beyond convincing.

You do realise he has more yellow cards than goals since Christmas and has done nothing to help turn our fortunes around in the past 2 months, but as long as he scored a few goals in Spetember and October then that's fine.

Great post mate.

He's still our top goal scorer though.

Admirable support 'mate'...

I'm glad you feel his 12 goals from 42 games for a promotion chasing team is enough.

Arrr Bless

Have another go at those stats sweet heart, try really hard to look them up this time.

Unless this is your FIFA 13 season, you've told us all you don't rate him on that, but don't worry, sleep tight, it's only a computer game.

Nugent has made a mistake which has had a negative impact on his team. I'm sure we've all done it. Mistakes happen, that's life.

What I don't get is people saying 'Nugent this, Nugent that'. When we played Barnsley at home, Kasper made an error and gifted them a goal. Did people say 'Kasper this, Kasper that'.

No point in forcing him to say sorry. It was a massive error, it happens.

And I'll say it again, average Championship striker at best, the stats back this up.

Except of course they don't.

Average goalscorer perhaps, but that's not (and never has been) his game.

Last night was just unbelievable though.

My opinion is not based on just the last few games. I noticed his tendancies, which I have already outlined, last season.

He missed 2 games with a neck injury, not a 2 month layoff so please don't use injury as an excuse.

When he first hurt his neck, Waghorn played and was an improvement.

Like I say, watch his performance closely, ignore if he scores or not, the goals are nothing to do with my point.

Be brave enough to come on here afterwards and notify us of your new opinion.

You are clueless pal. At this level, Nugent is a class act but like the rest of the team he's suffering from a massive lack of confidence. I always enjoy watching him play actually - a good honest pro, who works hard and also enjoys the game playing with a smile on his face. I think that the inclusion of Wood despite his early goal glut has changed our pattern of play somewhat and has had a rather detrimental effect on the team's overall performance (and also that of Nugent).

There are not too many strikers in the Championship that I'd swap Nugent for.

Archived