Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Nugent

More pointless tinkering with the team in the home straight. And two questions. What the hell was our centre-forward doing there? And why the hell was he going backwards. If it's not Nugent it's Vardy, if it's not Vardy it's Knockaert.

Square pegs in round holes not knowing what the hell they're doing. Once again the moment we took the lead we stopped having the forward runners.

The only way Nugent should have been playing the ball was onwards. This team of ours is not capable of sitting back and defending a lead - how long does it take to get through to the heads of Pearson, Shakespeare, Young and everyone else who things otherwise.

it's almost as we don't really want promotion. Ruthlessness? it doesn't exist anywhere either on or off the field where our football is concerned.

As for our close control do we ever practise it? Morgan, Konchesky, Nugent ... it's embarrassing at times even acknowledging the wet night. King is the only player we have who seems capable of consistently controlling the ball in difficult or pressured situations. The one player who does the simple thing quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised if we still finish training at lunchtime instead of continuing through the afternoon. And anyone who doubts they need it should open their eyes.

More pointless tinkering with the team in the home straight. And two questions. What the hell was our centre-forward doing there? And why the hell was he going backwards. If it's not Nugent it's Vardy, if it's not Vardy it's Knockaert.

Square pegs in round holes not knowing what the hell they're doing. Once again the moment we took the lead we stopped having the forward runners.

The only way Nugent should have been playing the ball was onwards. This team of ours is not capable of sitting back and defending a lead - how long does it take to get through to the heads of Pearson, Shakespeare, Young and everyone else who things otherwise.

it's almost as we don't really want promotion. Ruthlessness? it doesn't exist anywhere either on or off the field where our football is concerned.

As for our close control do we ever practise it? Morgan, Konchesky, Nugent ... it's embarrassing at times even acknowledging the wet night. King is the only player we have who seems capable of consistently controlling the ball in difficult or pressured situations. The one player who does the simple thing quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised if we still finish training at lunchtime instead of continuing through the afternoon. And anyone who doubts they need it should open their eyes.

Totaly agree with this,delaying a pass for just 1 second can cause a move to break down.King can see a pass alot quicker,but doesnt to me seem to want the ball as much as Drinkwater.But then he dwells on the ball to much and slows moves down or of late gives the ball away,if we could just mould them together we might have a proper player.

I'm starting to think he does not want to play in the premier league or if we go up he knows his LCFC days are numbered as he cant cut it there

Nonsense - what player does not want to play in the Premier League?

Certainly Nugent, like the rest of the squad, would not find it easy to cope with the uplift but then how many strikers (teams) coming up from the Championship do? One only has to look at Premiership games to see the gulf in class that exists these days between the two tiers - players that can retain possession in tight situations due to the quality of their first touch which in a Championship game would invariably be lost due to poor technique or poor decision making regarding the pass.

We had enough good chances in last night's match to put the game beyond a last-minute mistake but when confidence is low chances are not taken and the team implodes when the opposition attack us at the moment - panic abounds!

We had enough good chances in last night's match to put the game beyond a last-minute mistake

This is true.

although lets not forget that had it not been for a calamitous own goal we would of lost....

still think he is a good player - you can see he loves playing for the club- just think he is shot of confidence - just look at the chances he had last night but bottled them or was a fraction too slow - he'll come good again, hope against bolton - re his mistake last night, funny how he did something similar first half in our box but dribbled it out; maybe thought he could do the same again?

Arrr Bless

Have another go at those stats sweet heart, try really hard to look them up this time.

Unless this is your FIFA 13 season, you've told us all you don't rate him on that, but don't worry, sleep tight, it's only a computer game.

Only a computer game? You don't understand FIFA do you?!

I do pity your lack of knowledge for thinking Nugent is a good player. It must be rubbish going to football matches everyweek and not knowing what you're even watching.

If it wasn't for him in the earlier part of the season we wouldn't be anywhere near the position we are. Lay off him.

Where would we be if we had a striker who could score goals these past 2 months?

We've been carrying this chump for too long.

I wouldn't think of dropping Nugent for Bolton. He will be itching at the bit to make amends for his mistake. He's always shown himself to be a model professional so he'll be disappointed that's he let his team-mates, himself and fans down, especially at such a crucial time in the season when we needed three points. So, I've got a feeling we'll get a big game from him, especially if we play him as the central striker of the three.

Where would we be if we had a striker who could score goals these past 2 months?

We've been carrying this chump for too long.

I bet you were shrieking with joy when he gave away that penalty weren't you.

Only a computer game? You don't understand FIFA do you?!

I do pity your lack of knowledge for thinking Nugent is a good player. It must be rubbish going to football matches everyweek and not knowing what you're even watching.

Sorry you're right it's deadly accurate.

Nugent is only effective in a 4-4-2 formation same for Wood and Schlupp why NP persists with 4-3-3 I will never know obviously I do think that formation is useful away from home but at home it stifles our attack the front three become really isolated.

Nugent, like a good few others, is a victim of some poor (I'm being kind) management decisions that have left our season in tatters.

Constant tinkering with the team selection and line up, the determination of the management to play people out of position or give them roles to which they are clearly not suited has sucked the life out of many of our players. It's not just Nugent, others have been affected too, Knockaert, Marshall, and King most obviously.

I find it astonishing that virtually all of out attacking/creative players have been discarded at various times this season, sure their form has largely disappeared, but this has happened to everyone and I think the reason it has happened is key to our recent collapse.

After a quick browse of his missus twitter, she has said the last 2 weeks have been really hard for her and Nuge and one tweet mentions her Nan to look down on her and help her out. If something has happened personally in the last 2 weeks then Nuge shouldn't have played, whether he should have said this or NP should of done something. Doesn't explain his poor form for the weeks before this mind you.

Nugent, like a good few others, is a victim of some poor (I'm being kind) management decisions that have left our season in tatters.

Constant tinkering with the team selection and line up, the determination of the management to play people out of position or give them roles to which they are clearly not suited has sucked the life out of many of our players. It's not just Nugent, others have been affected too, Knockaert, Marshall, and King most obviously.

I find it astonishing that virtually all of out attacking/creative players have been discarded at various times this season, sure their form has largely disappeared, but this has happened to everyone and I think the reason it has happened is key to our recent collapse.

Very much this...

:thumbup:

Archived