Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Nugent

Are the any players who haven't had a thread like this one devoted to them?

With the exception of Wes I think every single first teamer (minus recent arrivals and even then!) has had a thread devoted to how overrated / lazy / shite they are which is strange as we're in the playoff places.

There should have been a thread to slag off Wes after his mistake against Ipswich - big opportunity missed.

I do wonder what some of you see sometimes. I doubt you have ever watched a player closely at all.

Nugent might run around a little bit, that doesn't mean he is doing anything.

How you can deny that Nugent stands still a lot is beyond me. He gives up on a ball quicker than any player I have ever seen!

If the ball is not played to his feet, he gets nowhere near it. He is such an unintelligent footballer, always a second behind the play.

Watch him on Saturday, properly watch him. Take off your heart shaped sunglasses and study his game.... AVERAGE.

No.

Should have gone to specsavers.

Pro Evo?

Personally I believe him to be our most overrated player.

He stands still when he should be fighting for the ball. He make the wrong run and usually far too late. He 'jumps' for balls and never wins a header.

He just doesn't look arsed at all.

And he is our top goalscorer, so he clearly is doing something right.

Away from home I have to admit we could of done with him performing a bit better.

Your trolling right?

he is a very good footballer and is a lcfc player im not gonna slate our top goal scorer and a player i rate highly. how many times has he broken other teams hearts we should be praising him not slating him

Nugent is still the best striker at the club IMO.

Pearsons task is now how to get him back firing again.

A happy Nugent is a good Nugent. On Tuesday he looked unhappy. That worries me.

I believe an in-form David Nugent is a class above any striker we have on our books.

I believe an in-form David Nugent is a class above any striker we have on our books.

spot on

Spot on mate.

My mate is a Leeds fan, and he always says how good Nugent is.

I'd say he's one of the best strikers outside the premiership. Quality finisher and he creates a lot of chances for himself out of hustling and bustling defenders.

Ahh time to look for a new scapegoat :P Nugent is the best striker we have here. Top scorer last season, up until recently was doing fine. Think he needs to recharge though. When he's 100% he is just as commited as Morgan and schmeichel. People need to stop looking for every little thing that isn't going right and just man up and get on with supporting our team. So what we're going through a blip, we've had worse. Pearson isn't perfect but he's certainly not stupid. He'll sort it out :)

Pointless thread!!

I bet those 'slating' Nugent wouldn't be if he was still scoring. I just don't get fans sometimes, the idea is to SUPPORT your team through thick and thin. Having people say players are crap, manager needs to be sacked and board are crap is not being very SUPPORTIVE!!

So leave your negativity at home and come and support Leicester city.

So let's stop these pointless threads and let's roar our team into the promotion mix.

He did Lose his way last season if truth be told..maybe a good idea to rest him in games to keep him fresh.

I don't think Nuge does 'lose his way' especially.

I think it's generally about the quality of the supply to him.

Nugent is a much better player in a team who is playing with pace, who get the ball forward quickly and get it into him before the opposition defence even know he's sniffing about.

Nugent, like Wood has suffered recently due to our pedestrian attacking movement.

Get Lloyd back in the side today Pearson! Together with Schlupp down that left hand side I think we'll again see the best of Nugent.

I don't think Nuge does 'lose his way' especially.

I think it's generally about the quality of the supply to him.

Nugent is a much better player in a team who is playing with pace, who get the ball forward quickly and get it into him before the opposition defence even know he's sniffing about.

Nugent, like Wood has suffered recently due to our pedestrian attacking movement.

Get Lloyd back in the side today Pearson! Together with Schlupp down that left hand side I think we'll again see the best of Nugent.

Agree with this. Lumping it forward to Wood nullifies Nugent. Get it on the floor, get him in behind their back 4 and playing to his strengths. He'll still get 20...the 20th coming at The City Ground in the last minute to send us up automatically...........probably.

Agree with this. Lumping it forward to Wood nullifies Nugent. Get it on the floor, get him in behind their back 4 and playing to his strengths. He'll still get 20...the 20th coming at The City Ground in the last minute to send us up automatically...........probably.

:thumbup:

My opinion is not based on just the last few games. I noticed his tendancies, which I have already outlined, last season.

He missed 2 games with a neck injury, not a 2 month layoff so please don't use injury as an excuse.

When he first hurt his neck, Waghorn played and was an improvement.

Like I say, watch his performance closely, ignore if he scores or not, the goals are nothing to do with my point.

Be brave enough to come on here afterwards and notify us of your new opinion.

My opinion is not based on just the last few games. I noticed his tendancies, which I have already outlined, last season.

He missed 2 games with a neck injury, not a 2 month layoff so please don't use injury as an excuse.

When he first hurt his neck, Waghorn played and was an improvement.

Like I say, watch his performance closely, ignore if he scores or not, the goals are nothing to do with my point.

Be brave enough to come on here afterwards and notify us of your new opinion.

Ignore if he scores or not? Isn't that his job??? Or are you one of the morans who used to call the yak fat and Lazy 'all he does is score goals!'

Archived