Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Wood / Nugent

Mods, you may want to delete this, I don't know. Just passing on something I heard.

Not feeling much better about LCFC this morning but remembered something I hadn't really thought about for a couple of weeks and thought I'd bring it to the Foxestalk table and see what people think. I'm not one for rumour-mongering by any stretch but to me this makes a few things add up.

Basically, I go to more or less every home game with my best mate and his brother. On the day of the Wednesday game I couldn't make it so he took a young lad who he works with instead. Anyways, a couple of days after the game we're talking about how shit the performance was and my mate mentioned that the kid who went with him had been talking about a major bust-up between Nugent and Wood after the Leeds game. He was claiming that he knows a couple of the academy lads quite well and that he'd heard that a bit of banter between Nugent and Wood had escalated to the point that several players got invlolved and had to separate them. We laughed it off as a young lad trying to sound like he had connections.

At the time and up until last night, I'd not only called bullshit but had then gone and forgot about this story completely. The only reason I remembered is because, watching the game last night, I noticed that not only were Nugent and Wood not making runs and working for each other, they barely communicated in the 80-odd minutes they were up front together. A month ago they looked like they'd clicked instantly and were looking deadly as they complimented each other's styles - a month on and they're playing like strangers. Now I'm wondering if something did happen - It might also explain why team spirit has gone from sky-high into nose dive.

Not saying that this lad has the full story but the evidence suggests there might be an element of truth to what he said after all. Anyone heard the same thing?

When we had a 3 on 1 at the beggining of the game, wood was open in the box and calling for it but nuge just carried on and took a shot from outside the box.

Not saying anythings happened but you never know.

When we had a 3 on 1 at the beggining of the game, wood was open in the box and calling for it but nuge just carried on and took a shot from outside the box.

Not saying anythings happened but you never know.

Having said that, Nugent also seemed to try to play in Wood early on in the game despite having the opportunity to shoot.

Nonsense rumour, or not, it's the kind of situation that a good manager wouldn't just sort out but get the best out of.

Clearly there's something wrong with that partnership compared with 2 months ago. I'm not saying Pearson is the cause of it, but he is in the best position within our club to resolve it.

Maybe the loan of Harry Kane was supposed to have an effect - but that looks like poor judgement too.

They are just 2 players that are:

a) Badly off form

b) Playing in front of a midfield at the moment that is also off form and only producing 2 or 3 chances a game.

That's about the size of it, people love to read stuff into situations, which mainly arise from awful form.

Wood couldn't trap a bag of cement and his ability to flick it out-wide, or hold it up to allow the midfield to join in attacks, or knock down for his strike partner is 100% non-existent.

When Wood starts, with his form, we're already playing with 10 men

If there was something unworkable between Wood+Nugent - we've got enough players up front for them not to have to play together, especially as they're so appalling together for a while now.

I think there is something in this...

You could tell by there body language that something wasn't right, at one point you could simply tell by Nugents expression.

I think something has happened between the pair imo, which is likely why Wood was missing for a game or two.

Doesn't matter wether its wood, nugent, waghorn, vardy, with the service they are receiving even the top strikers would struggle to score, none are longball style players, but due to the lack of ability in midfield, we resort to the longball, which we lose out on, and create no clear chances, it's frustrating to watch, but I bet it's more frustrating for wood and nugent

Both players are playing extremely poorly at the moment. There movement is absolutely crap.

I am hoping that Pearson drops one of them and gives Schlupp a go upfront. He can't do any worse surely?

Archived