Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Personally

And on and on goes the Babs bandwagon - 7th - 13th its all the same mate - 2 points off the play offs or 22 doesn't matter. You must have pulled yourself to bits the night the table was tight enough to make 2points of the play offs take us down to 13th , all your dreams came true but the fact is we were way more resilient, better to watch and rarely lost more than 2 on the bounce under Sven (ever?). You backed the wrong horse, he let you down, now man up and admit you were wrong

We were loads better to watch this season than under Sven, apart from this current run of course. Sven was clueless to be honest, just collected players for the sake of it

And on and on goes the Babs bandwagon - 7th - 13th its all the same mate - 2 points off the play offs or 22 doesn't matter. You must have pulled yourself to bits the night the table was tight enough to make 2points of the play offs take us down to 13th , all your dreams came true but the fact is we were way more resilient, better to watch and rarely lost more than 2 on the bounce under Sven (ever?). You backed the wrong horse, he let you down, now man up and admit you were wrong

Actually I've been too busy burying my father to give a **** what is happening with 11 men kicking a bit of plastic about.

There is no "bandwagon", I am clearly making a point that these wonderful player we let go were worse than those who replaced them, end of story really.

Backed the wrong horse? I haven't backed either of them, I said Sven was sacked too early and have never (much to you disappointment) claimed Pearson would the "messiah" "brilliant" or any other shit you want to try and throw at me.

I backed Pearson for a good part of this year because we were playing good football and were second in the league. No we are doing neither of the above and there are little excuses for him

Actually I've been too busy burying my father to give a **** what is happening with 11 men kicking a bit of plastic about.

There is no "bandwagon", I am clearly making a point that these wonderful player we let go were worse than those who replaced them, end of story really.

Backed the wrong horse? I haven't backed either of them, I said Sven was sacked too early and have never (much to you disappointment) claimed Pearson would the "messiah" "brilliant" or any other shit you want to try and throw at me.

I backed Pearson for a good part of this year because we were playing good football and were second in the league. No we are doing neither of the above and there are little excuses for him

Sorry to hear about your father.....

I know you live up his arsehole, but Sven spent more on wages every single week than the rest of the division added together & a damn site more than a few Premiership clubs and that's without mentioning the net spending of £20m+ on transfers and never once got out of midtable positions, or even looked like doing so. You say we were more resilient, but only once did he win more than two in a row

You really need to get over the management era whose actions will hold this club back for years to come as we continue to pay players who collectively were average at absolute best, the wages of 3 or 4 other players.

Because they did .

Beckford - Couldn't accept that he wasn't first choice despite the fact that he hadn't performed since joining the club. Vast majority of fans happy to see him go. No fallout, just wanted to leave.

Danns - See Beckford. Even came out and said there has been no fallout after he'd left the club.

Vassell - An old crock, here for his last pay day and recovering from a cruciate injury. Would have been useless to us and was released. No fallout.

St Ledger - There was some kind of fallout here initially, but by all accounts it was resolved and SSL has since featured in plenty of games for us. Went out on loan this season due to severe lack of match fitness.

Moore - Young player not getting any game time and so was sent on loan. No fallout.

Gelson - Was only here for Sven and requested that his loan was terminated before Pearson was even appointed. No fallout.

Bamba - Fairly talented player, but didn't really fit into the defence. No coincidence that we've been much better defensively since he's left. Not even a rumour of a fallout with this one, was sold to help clear the wage bill and was replaced with a better, cheaper player.

Kennedy - A Pearson signing in the first place; didn't want to stay here and be second choice, wanted first team games so he left - fair enough. No fallout.

Futacs - Shit player, was never going to get any first team football, loaned out so he could get some. No fallout.

Schlupp - Offered a trial at MANCHESTER UNITED. We were never going to stand in his way for that. He's since come back and played for us. No fallout.

All this ****ing horseshit about him falling out with players is asbolute nonsense. There has never been any proof of it whatsoever, not even a single shred of evidence at all.

I know you live up his arsehole, but Sven spent more on wages every single week than the rest of the division added together & a damn site more than a few Premiership clubs and that's without mentioning the net spending of £20m+ on transfers and never once got out of midtable positions, or even looked like doing so. You say we were more resilient, but only once did he win more than two in a row

You really need to get over the management era whose actions will hold this club back for years to come as we continue to pay players who collectively were average at absolute best, the wages of 3 or 4 other players.

You really need to get out of Niges.....your revisionist history is alarming as well, I don't know whether you believe it or just say it so you don't sound wrong. Nigel left for Hull a team who had punched above their weight in this division - Sousa got them playing to their ability and we were BOTTOM of the table - remember that? Sven then got a rag tag of loanees back punching above their weight but we were so far behind its a miracle we stayed up let alone were being considered play off contenders until the Forest game.

Sven then had THIRTEEN games with his new signings and got an average 19 points from those games - just as an aside, if we had put together that sort of medoicrity over the past thirteen games we would have seven more points and would still be in a with a shout of automatic - but we haven't so its bye bye Nige (hopefully)

You really need to get out of Niges.....your revisionist history is alarming as well, I don't know whether you believe it or just say it so you don't sound wrong. Nigel left for Hull a team who had punched above their weight in this division - Sousa got them playing to their ability and we were BOTTOM of the table - remember that? Sven then got a rag tag of loanees back punching above their weight but we were so far behind its a miracle we stayed up let alone were being considered play off contenders until the Forest game.

Sven then had THIRTEEN games with his new signings and got an average 19 points from those games - just as an aside, if we had put together that sort of medoicrity over the past thirteen games we would have seven more points and would still be in a with a shout of automatic - but we haven't so its bye bye Nige (hopefully)

YOUR MEMORY IS FVCKING HILAROIUS, SURELY YOU'RE TROLLING... YOU HAVE TO BE

Sven took a side that finished the previous season strongly in the playoffs to midtable... he added to that side a bunch of Premier League loanees... with huge wages & even bigger fees... the kind of spend that should have walked the division not ending up 14th or whatever it was.

a mentally impaired chimpanzee could have got that playoff team from the bottom of the table to midtable.... and not blown the budget in the process leading to record £15m losses... only beaten by the disaster that was to follow

And the less said about player recruitment the following summer the better - It will be ruining us for years to come - http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Leicester-City-pound-30-million-record-losses/story-18299504-detail/story.html#axzz2PIa16Eyx

You really need to let the disastrous past be the disastrous past even though it hangs over us like to this day and beyond like the foul stench that it was.

NP's form over the past quarter of the season is indefensible - and if he is to follow Sven out the door it wouldn't be surprising at all.

Has mills been sold? I thought it was a season loan....can anyone confirm this?

You are banging on about Pearson and you don't know shit, you are the typical clueless moron fan that really pisses me off.

Just to clarify, Mills was sold to Bolton, Beckford took a wage cut to go on loan to Huddersfield because we refused to subsidise his wages, we are not subsidising loans for the likes of Beckford, we may be for the likes of Moore as it is in our interest they are out on loan getting action.

Pearson has made many mistakes, why do people feel the need to invent some more, and expose their lack of knowledge on the subject.

YOUR MEMORY IS FVCKING HILAROIUS, SURELY YOU'RE TROLLING... YOU HAVE TO BE

Sven took a side that finished the previous season strongly in the playoffs to midtable... he added to that side a bunch of Premier League loanees... with huge wages & even bigger fees... the kind of spend that should have walked the division not ending up 14th or whatever it was.

a mentally impaired chimpanzee could have got that playoff team from the bottom of the table to midtable.... and not blown the budget in the process leading to record £15m losses... only beaten by the disaster that was to follow

And the less said about player recruitment the following summer the better - It will be ruining us for years to come - http://www.thisislei...l#axzz2PIa16Eyx

You really need to let the disastrous past be the disastrous past even though it hangs over us like to this day and beyond like the foul stench that it was.

NP's form over the past quarter of the season is indefensible - and if he is to follow Sven out the door it wouldn't be surprising at all.

We finished 10th not 14th. Enough already of the memory shit. We had been bottom of the table too and still managed to lose 17 games only 2 more than this clown has had with a whole season in charge (and a crappy two thirds of last season too).

Anyway, it doesn't matter - I'm sure next season when our new manager has Danns and Beckford playing like Gods and we are top 2 from the off you will join me in saying how right I was....

I am truly sorry to hear about your Dad. I can imagine how you must be feeling right now, and my thoughts go out to both you and your family.

We finished 10th not 14th. Enough already of the memory shit. We had been bottom of the table too and still managed to lose 17 games only 2 more than this clown has had with a whole season in charge (and a crappy two thirds of last season too).

Anyway, it doesn't matter - I'm sure next season when our new manager has Danns and Beckford playing like Gods and we are top 2 from the off you will join me in saying how right I was....

Lets be honest, Sven was a massive costly disappointment, but I was surprised when he was sacked, more surprised than I would be if NP was sacked today, and I thought he would have got more time.

But we can't keep comparing NP to Sven, very different managers with very different styles.

Sven could attract top quality players to the club to get us up, in that respect he failed, he brought in high profile players, but we lacked quality and never really looked like we had a team to get promoted, and he "lost the dressing room."

NP could motivate a team and get the best out of a smaller, cheaper squad and get us promoted, in the respect he is now failing, the last 10 games have been awful and we don't look like we have a team the can get promoted.

In Pearson's defence, he did create a team on a limited budget that looked like it could get promoted, unfortunately he somehow lost that team, and now we have a team on relegation form. There is time left to turn this season around and get a play-off spot and the lottery of promotion.

The question is who is more likely to rediscover that team of January? NP or someone else? The truth is I really don't know. I am an NP supporter and if promotion was not a financial necessity this season I would stick with him. If it is a financial necessity, then I think we need to consider a change, it is amazing the difference a change in management can make, and it could give us the bounce to turn this season around and even go into the playoffs with momentum, I think it really depends on the players, if they are behind NP then sacking could shatter the confidence (not that it could get any worse) if they have lost faith in him, then he should probably go.

Sorry to hear that as well Babs. Chin up mate.

Sorry to hear about your news Babs.

Puts the whole football thing into some sort of perspective I think.

Take care buddy..

Sorry to here about your loss Babylon. All the best fella.

I am truly sorry to hear about your Dad. I can imagine how you must be feeling right now, and my thoughts go out to both you and your family.

Cheers

The next manager is Dumbledore, Gandalf or God?

I've seen Danns & Beckford play the best part of 100 times for us & they'll never be components of a team in 2nd.

I'd sooner have 6 other capable players who'll do far more for anyone than those two have... for the same weekly outgoing.

It doesn't matter who we get in, because unless things go right at the first time of asking the same voices will pipe up & we'll start all over again, again, again.

Take McDermott who many who want NP out, want to get in... Reading didn't get promoted in his first full season... they started the following season down in relegation spots for that first international break... He'd never survive here.

No manager will.

If NP is to go, as his inability to lift the players indicates he's in danger of... then some of the 'fans' need to **** off too.

It's as impossible a job as England.

Any success in any recent history worth talking about came from managers here for a while, whether it was Brian Little taking a side that just avoided relegation and had been in the doldrums for a while to the Premier League over 3 years duration of his initial contract... or Martin O'Neill taking our relegated Premier League side back up then having enormous success over his 5 years here

Absolutely, completely agree with this.

Couldn't agree more mate. Another good post from you. I said right from the start, that Pearson would have to pick up so many pieces from Sven's tenure that it was gonna make his job so much harder.

Offloading the likes of Mills, Beckford (only on loan unfortunately) and Danns must have been tough work, but so needed doing. Should Nige get sacked, this will be the thing I will thank him for the most. Getting the club back into some financial state to meet FFP.

Having done this, it would be interesting to see how he did if he was to be given a second season.

The problem is, we have now gone almost to a point of no return, into 'melt-down' so to speak and it's massively hard to come back from that.

I said last summer that I expected us THIS season to finish in 7th, but NEXT season to get promotion. However, I doubt Nige will have that luxury anymore. Yesterday sounded utter utter dog turd.

And this too. It'll be such a massive shame for our club if that does happen.

It doesn't matter who we get in, because unless things go right at the first time of asking the same voices will pipe up & we'll start all over again, again, again.

Take McDermott who many who want NP out, want to get in... Reading didn't get promoted in his first full season... they started the following season down in relegation spots for that first international break... He'd never survive here.

No manager will.

If NP is to go, as his inability to lift the players indicates he's in danger of... then some of the 'fans' need to **** off too.

It's as impossible a job as England.

Any success in any recent history worth talking about came from managers here for a while, whether it was Brian Little taking a side that just avoided relegation and had been in the doldrums for a while to the Premier League over 3 years duration of his initial contract... or Martin O'Neill taking our relegated Premier League side back up then having enormous success over his 5 years here

Nail on the head. Sadly it's an indictment of our fans.

Sincere condolonces Babs.

Archived