Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Personally

Personally I would like to thank Nigel Pearson for his hard work as Leicester City manager should he be sacked today.

I don't think a number of our fans realise what he's done for this club whilst he has been here. Getting big waged players off our wage bill, getting players in just as good on just a fraction of the wage.

Recently our form has been shocking yes but it's just an easy scapegoat 'sack him'. Very disappointed in a number of our fans who travelled to Barnsley yesterday singing 'You're getting sacked in the morning' or 'MON'. Message to these fans have a quiet word with yourself you numpties how about getting behind the team and supporting them.

Thank you Mr Pearson should you go today or anytime this week. I personally don't think it's the correct decision as it will mean yet another pay out for us as a club with FFP coming into play etc. The play-offs are still in reach.

Personally I would like to thank Nigel Pearson for his hard work as Leicester City manager should he be sacked today.

I don't think a number of our fans realise what he's done for this club whilst he has been here. Getting big waged players off our wage bill, getting players in just as good on just a fraction of the wage.

Recently our form has been shocking yes but it's just an easy scapegoat 'sack him'. Very disappointed in a number of our fans who travelled to Barnsley yesterday singing 'You're getting sacked in the morning' or 'MON'. Message to these fans have a quiet word with yourself you numpties how about getting behind the team and supporting them.

Thank you Mr Pearson should you go today or anytime this week. I personally don't think it's the correct decision as it will mean yet another pay out for us as a club with FFP coming into play etc. The play-offs are still in reach.

Im not sure shipping players out on loan is getting them off the wage bill, they will come back. I would also guess we have been paying a percentage of that wage whilst another club has had the benefit of their services. Not good business imo

But surely you must be able to see there are underlying problems at the club. You dont go from 2nd and playing superbly to the performance at barnsley in a few weeks.

I agree nige inherited some garbage on big wages from sven but np's stubborn archaic attitude can only take us so far.

Playing our worst football at the crucial time of the season, no idea how to change it or stop the rot, no idea of formation or tatics, same substitutions all the time and still some people defend the man? Please leave my beloved club now it really is a disgrace.

If Nigel leaves today I completely understand and I would not really question the owners. I would also wish Nigel well for the future. He had a great couple of months this season when we all thought it was working very well. He hasn't blown our finances like Sven and he is a man worthy of respect. Okay it isn't working like we all wanted but why so much HATE people? Actual hate. I'm just a bit disappointed, but you shouldn't turn on the man quite so violently.

Thanks for coming back for the money...Bet you wished you were still ah Hull!!

P.S TBF he has reduced the wage bill, which was sanctioned by the current owners who now have a club ho will miss out on Millions in sky money.

Oh well...im sure Pearson will get a job soon IF he is sacked...Pity at present we arent even capable of beating a relegation threatened team.

If Nigel leaves today I completely understand and I would not really question the owners. I would also wish Nigel well for the future. He had a great couple of months this season when we all thought it was working very well. He hasn't blown our finances like Sven and he is a man worthy of respect. Okay it isn't working like we all wanted but why so much HATE people? Actual hate. I'm just a bit disappointed, but you shouldn't turn on the man quite so violently.

I dont hate him, infact i wish him well, but he has alienated himself from the fans and only has himself to blame for the strength of feeling against him imo

Very well put.

It will be a shame to see him go if he does get the boot as he has put the club in a much better position than any other manager over the last decade or so.

Got us into our best postion for years but somewhere down the line something has gone wrong, we are only 3 wins away from 3rd spot and its not completely down to Pearson that we are now sitting in 7th the players have to take a large blame.

Well said, both of you. It might not have worked out, but the vitriol that's been spewed out by some of our so-called 'fans' over the past few weeks has been absolutely and completely inexcusable.

I agree that Nige has got the wage bill down albeit by selling players at a considerable loss (Mills) and subsidising the wages of Bekford. However, he did spend a fair amount on Vardy, De Laet, James none of whom have enhanced the team particularly and would all the surplus to requirements if we did somehow get promoted. Wood is another who is a good Championship striker but without the potential to progress beyond that. So we are left with a middling Championship side at best.

Personally whoever is appointed next I can't wait to boo them when they're presented to the press.

Going to create "MoN, McDermott, Warnock Out!!!" threads right from day 1. Because it will happen within a year to 18m anyway.

What's the point in supporting anyone if they're out when things get tough.

Think the thais could have managed expectation better & talked publicly about the plan being over the life of the manager's contract but this inability to lift the players is indefensible & sadly I can only see a bad outcome & yet more circus & endless change whilst going nowhere for years to come.

I agree that Nige has got the wage bill down albeit by selling players at a considerable loss (Mills) and subsidising the wages of Bekford. However, he did spend a fair amount on Vardy, De Laet, James none of whom have enhanced the team particularly and would all the surplus to requirements if we did somehow get promoted. Wood is another who is a good Championship striker but without the potential to progress beyond that. So we are left with a middling Championship side at best.

Has mills been sold? I thought it was a season loan....can anyone confirm this?

Some people really are fickle on here. Didn't hear many **** off Nigel comments when he got us out of league 1 at the first attempt. (An dont say that's an easy league to get out of because it isn't) or when he got us into the playoffs with bang average players,

I for one am very grateful for the work he has done and find it embarrassing reading some of these comments. Mugs!

Really?

Why dont you follow pearson instead of leicester, you're clearly infatuated by him.

I do support Leicester he is still our manager at the moment, maybe if himself and the players wasn't trolled as much by thick, little internet keyboard warriors putting them down all the time they would 1 day reach their potential

Guest Foxin_mad

The funniest thing is when people say they wan Pearson out and then come out with: 'I Fink we shud get in McDermott', Yes the very bloke who took 2.5 years with Reading and started last season with a Run of 4 Straight defeats and bottoms half at Christmas. Yes our fans will allow him that! Sideways step. Lets be clear here we will struggle to get any manager here who is better than average, we are a poisoned chalice.

Archived